Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos sign quarterback Austin Davis

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    Davis can win some games. I don't think anymore is really needed from a third string QB. I think if he had to play he has the mobility to run Kube's O. He beat Seattle at home in 2014...says a lot about him imo.
    Looking up Davis' 2014 stats actually surprised me. While he started for the rams that year he threw for 12 TDs and 9 interceptions over 10 games. That's not too bad all things considered
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
      Davis can win some games. I don't think anymore is really needed from a third string QB. I think if he had to play he has the mobility to run Kube's O. He beat Seattle at home in 2014...says a lot about him imo.
      I heard on the radio today...
      that Austin David was also the QB for St Louis Rams...
      the day they BEAT our mighty Broncos.
      -
      Ok... I never would remembered that..
      but apparently .. he did.
      - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

      Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
        I heard on the radio today...
        that Austin David was also the QB for St Louis Rams...
        the day they BEAT our mighty Broncos.
        -
        Ok... I never would remembered that..
        but apparently .. he did.
        You remembered correctly because it wasn't Austi Davis but Shaun Hill, starter now for the Vikings, who beat us that day.

        http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/...manuel-sanders
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
          You remembered correctly because it wasn't Austi Davis but Shaun Hill, starter now for the Vikings, who beat us that day.

          http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/...manuel-sanders
          So did he hear correctly or incorrectly

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
            I have a feeling we are gonna regret cutting Sanchez.
            Word...10 Char
            [sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              Elway probably wanted a low-profile, #3 QB that would not get in the way of Paxton Lynch, but I wonder how he feels about the Saints waiving Garrett Grayson. Not that I expect Grayson to go unclaimed all the way to #32 anyway, but if it happens... The Saints likely want him on their practice squad, but the Broncos can offer a spot on the 53-man roster if they are willing to replace Davis.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Kubiak studied Davis coming out of college. Davis has been on teams with QBs that know Kubiak's verbiage. Kubiak also said that he's done some good things since being in the league - he believed Davis could get up to speed quickly.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                  Kubiak studied Davis coming out of college. Davis has been on teams with QBs that know Kubiak's verbiage. Kubiak also said that he's done some good things since being in the league - he believed Davis could get up to speed quickly.
                  And honestly, it's easy to look at the career numbers and say "look how terrible he is" But his second year was terrible. His first was really not too bad at all.

                  There is room to build on there and hopefully he never sees the field so it's all really a moot point anyway. Especially seeing Trevor play Thursday.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    And honestly, it's easy to look at the career numbers and say "look how terrible he is" But his second year was terrible. His first was really not too bad at all.

                    There is room to build on there and hopefully he never sees the field so it's all really a moot point anyway. Especially seeing Trevor play Thursday.
                    Agree. Kubiak could at least have a QB with some experience in case he was needed to backup Lynch if something happened to Trevor.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X