Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Through my eyes: TJ Ward's Message to Denver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Through my eyes: TJ Ward's Message to Denver.

http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-...5-e587f2a9de66

All eyes are going to be on us.

We ended last year's season on top, now it's time to start things off right.

It's going to be loud. It's going to be very loud. It's going to be uncomfortable. Mile High - let's make Carolina uncomfortable all night.

We've put the work in. We've keyed in on what we need to key in on. Now, it's time to notice the looks, notice the personnel, anticipate and perform in front of the world on prime-time TV.

We're confident because we're used to this stage. It's a new year, new season, and we're a new team. But we're better. You can be confident when your team is filled with elite players consistently trying to become the best. If you realize that no matter what, you can always get better, then you will never be overconfident. The Broncos never settle, that's not in our locker room's DNA.

There's going to be a lot of opportunities Thursday night for big plays - the game's going to depend on it. In Super Bowl 50, the ball didn't just bounce our way. We forced it and took advantage when opportunity presented itself. Every single time.

I was a part of one of the biggest plays of Super Bowl 50. Our defense had been clawing at Cam Newton and the Panthers' offense all night. It was late in the game and we were up 16-10 when Von Miller stripped Newton for the second time that night.

At first, I was celebrating because there were so many bodies by the ball. I ran over there to try and celebrate with one of my teammates thinking we had just recovered the ball. As I got closer, I all of a sudden saw the ball rolling. My mindset shifted from celebratory to attack mode. I kept reminding myself, 'Don't fumble it. Don't overrun the ball. Make the play. All you have to do is scoop the ball and secure it.' Then, I tried to dodge the referee and slipped.

Regardless, it was a game-changing play. It shows you why we always run to the ball no matter what. And, it won us the Super Bowl. It's a new year, a new team - but that doesn't change the Mile High standard.

So, Thursday night? Let's start fast. Get that first punch in. And remember, if not, we've got four quarters to make it up. Let's take advantage and go make the big plays because it's time to go chase another one.

The Broncos never settle, that's not in our locker room's DNA.

I really don't care if we get the respect we 'deserve' around the league and from anaylsts. This team has a special bond, and a special group of elite players who make others around them better. Excited to get this thing going.

Comment

I just love the confidence that our guys have, it's infectious. After reading that how can u not feel great about our chances for an even better performance than last year. I love it!!!!
      #swapping

Comment

Most football teams are lucky to have one or two strong leaders on each side of the ball. On defense, Denver has DeMarcus Ware, Brandon Marshall, Chris Harris, Jr., T.J. Ward, Derek Wolfe, Von Miller, Aqib Talib, Darian Stewart. Is it any wonder when their defensive teammates often step up and make plays? The quality of the depth is impressive. Now let's go out and hit somebody!
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          Most football teams are lucky to have one or two strong leaders on each side of the ball. On defense, Denver has DeMarcus Ware, Brandon Marshall, Chris Harris, Jr., T.J. Ward, Derek Wolfe, Von Miller, Aqib Talib, Darian Stewart. Is it any wonder when their defensive teammates often step up and make plays? The quality of the depth is impressive. Now let's go out and hit somebody!
          The article got me all fired up and Sam, u just pushed me over the edge!!! I might have to be the "Cable Linebacker" this afternoon and just randomly thump people in my company parking lot, lol!!!!
          #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
            The article got me all fired up and Sam, u just pushed me over the edge!!! I might have to be the "Cable Linebacker" this afternoon and just randomly thump people in my company parking lot, lol!!!!
            Atta Boy! Now, take off your hat and go get some water.

Comment

Everyone saw that our defense is still intact, now Siemian, just keep getting better each week and let's see you go get SB#51! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                Everyone saw that our defense is still intact, now Siemian, just keep getting better each week and let's see you go get SB#51! lol
                They are all counting us out because none of them outside of Denver really no Siemian heck we really don't know much ourselves but what I have seen I can tell you that we can make a serious push with this kid behind center.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                  They are all counting us out because none of them outside of Denver really no Siemian heck we really don't know much ourselves but what I have seen I can tell you that we can make a serious push with this kid behind center.
                  It's been an interesting offensive evolution Denver has experienced during Elway's tenure in the FO.

After a poor start in 2011, Mike McCoy installed a run heavy offense for TT which used more different run plays from more formations than any team at any level in one season of which I am aware.

2012 through 2014 saw the Peyton Manning, low-volume, LOS offense which was pass heavy and outrageously productive statistically.

2015 saw an adapted form of Kubiak's offense which attempted to accommodate some of what Peyton Manning could do. It was risky because there may be no two offensive systems more diametrically opposed than those.

Thursday night we saw the first step in the implementation of Gary Kubiak's full O complete with lots of I Formations. It is a balanced offense which came from ten points behind in the 4th quarter without scrapping the balanced approach.

"What a long, strange trip it's been."

Comment

I admire his words before the game. We were (still are currently, as the only team 1-0) on top as the champions. Everyone always speculates, makes predictions, but this is what gameday is for: taking advantage of a chance. Our guys did that, they maintained the pace, even after turnovers, they stayed focused and got the win. I must admit though, I believe Carolina may have learned more from the game with a boot to the rear the first game. This should teach them to make the least amount of mistakes and work together. It took a while for our team to synchronize and get back to our personalities, but we got there. I just hope for the orange and blue, we learn this season's tempo under #13.

Great game, let's go Broncos!
                    50 Stars and 13 Bars

Comment

Working...
                    X