Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LB Brandon Marshall and Denver Police Chief meet over Anthem protest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Valid point , but don't you think they could have protested another way. I'd lose my job if I protested something during work time . I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to speak their mind or protest but I truly believe there is a time and a place for it.
    Oh I think that is a very good point.

To your point about another way of protest or this way being the best....

Has anyone really thought about the goal and the steps needed to get there...if so then the next question I would ask is does this method help or hurt the goal and the steps needed to get there. I feel it hurts the process more then it helps and imo this form of protest is just another symptom of one of the actual causes of the problem.

I understand football players are busy and maybe not the best strategic social planners out there but they have money, agents, lot of contacts and lots of "mojo".....imo they should have gotten together...with their agents...and found a really good "campaign planner". Then got a team of people together to plan this whole thing out...after gathering as much data and info as possible about what would make positive changes.

Ok on the flip side...they find this is the way they want to do it.

I would say something first...make initial impact on the conversation that will take place once this happens. Ensure the focus is as much as possible on the right things. IMO I would have associated taking a knee during the anthem with putting a flag at half mast during a time of mourning. Also I would have done everything else while taking a knee (putting hand on heart, remove any head gear and so on) so people know those taking a knee still support their country...they just trying to push forward positive change.

Also EVERY single person who was going to do it would have done it week 1 or week 2 preseason for the first time imo. This would ensure by the time regular season is here the conversation is weeks old by that time.

Also I would have NOT done it during ANY game during the weekend of Sept 11. It would help show they still respect what the flag and anthem stands for.

when it comes to social issues and various forms of "social politics" how something is done is just as important as doing it
    Last edited by Hadez; 09-23-2016, 03:05 PM.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
      This was my first thought at the beginning of the protests. I thought with protests taking place during the national anthem, that it was not something that would just stay in the NFL, but start to spread then become unimportant in our education system. Didn't take long at all, and this has already started. I saw something last week on the news about kids who's grades were suffering because they will not participate in the National Anthem. Pretty soon like the Pledge of Allegiance, the National Anthem will become insignificant and just disappear from our education system, that's what I expect as the outcome (consequence) of the protests.
      I personally do not feel the Pledge or Anthem effects the students ability to learn. Possibly it is an attitude problem of the children and it just manifests itself during the Pledge or Anthem as well as other parts of school?

If it is proven that the Pledge or Anthem can in any way have a negative effect on the learning of kids in school then I would be in favor of removing them. I would be sadden by this but it is the stance I would take.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        Oh I think that is a very good point.

To your point about another way of protest or this way being the best....

Has anyone really thought about the goal and the steps needed to get there...if so then the next question I would ask is does this method help or hurt the goal and the steps needed to get there. I feel it hurts the process more then it helps and imo this form of protest is just another symptom of one of the actual causes of the problem.

I understand football players are busy and maybe not the best strategic social planners out there but they have money, agents, lot of contacts and lots of "mojo".....imo they should have gotten together...with their agents...and found a really good "campaign planner". Then got a team of people together to plan this whole thing out...after gathering as much data and info as possible about what would make positive changes.

Ok on the flip side...they find this is the way they want to do it.

I would say something first...make initial impact on the conversation that will take place once this happens. Ensure the focus is as much as possible on the right things. IMO I would have associated taking a knee during the anthem with putting a flag at half mast during a time of mourning. Also I would have done everything else while taking a knee (putting hand on heart, remove any head gear and so on) so people know those taking a knee still support their country...they just trying to push forward positive change.

Also EVERY single person who was going to do it would have done it week 1 or week 2 preseason for the first time imo. This would ensure by the time regular season is here the conversation is weeks old by that time.

Also I would have NOT done it during ANY game during the weekend of Sept 11. It would help show they still respect what the flag and anthem stands for.

when it comes to social issues and various forms of "social politics" how something is done is just as important as doing it
        Nicely put Hadez!

Comment

Working...
        X