X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Stephenson Out 2-3 Week w/ Calf Injury

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet

#Broncos OT Donald Stephenson suffered a calf injury
    that should keep him out 2-3 weeks, source said.
    Not a tear, as some feared. Good news.
    Our O Line depth was thin already. Thankfully its not any longer than 3 weeks, but an injury to the O Line was the last thing the team needed.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Sorry to see he will be out. Just when I was happy the Broncos would start sustaining some continuity and chemistry with the run game.

So far they have been more productive then last year. Top 5 currently at 130 yards a game.

Weems and the Schofild shift worked yesterday. Hopefully it continues next week.

Any news on Sambraillo? Would he start even if ready?

Comment

We were running the ball off the right side well after he went down I believe
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

It didn't seem to have an effect on the running game, but it might hinder the pass protection a little. Schofield at RT doesn't fill any us with confidence I'm sure, but he didn't look as bad there as he did last season. Still, he's much better suited to guard, and the sooner Stephenson returns, the better.

Comment

We won a super bowl with Schofield at RT....not my first choice but we can go through 2-3 weeks
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Injuries are part of the game. The good teams aren't the teams that don't get injured, they're the teams that overcome injuries.

Comment

Is Ty sambrailo healthy? I'd rather have Schofield at guard than at tackle and Ty and RT.

Comment

RIGHT TACKLE DONALD STEPHENSON is expected to miss Sunday's game against the Bengals after suffering a calf injury during the first quarter Sunday.

"We feel like we're lucky," Kubiak said. "This is also something that he dealt with back in OTAs, and he missed about eight to 10 days."

Stephenson's injury forced an offensive-line shuffle that saw Michael Schofield move from right guard to right tackle, with reserve Darrion Weems taking over at right guard. But with Ty Sambrailo recovered from a July 31 elbow injury, Kubiak has the option of inserting the second-year lineman in at one of the two spots.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...2-0d77af08a6b9
                Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
                  Is Ty sambrailo healthy? I'd rather have Schofield at guard than at tackle and Ty and RT.
                  I think so. We may see Ty at RT in Cincy, or at least active. This year's O-Line depth is way better than last year.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                    We were running the ball off the right side well after he went down I believe
                    That's my recollection, too. If/when I watch it again, I'll be looking for that. The run blocking seems good and it will improve as the O-Line develops more unit cohesion.

Comment

Big bummer for us on the OL. Hopefully Kubes doesn't rush, and gets him back to 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMRED View Post
                        Big bummer for us on the OL. Hopefully Kubes doesn't rush, and gets him back to 100%.
                        Right. That's what depth is for. Maybe Sambrailo will make his first start at Cincy.

Comment

Schofield and Weems were both starting to maul as run blockers in the second half of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                            Schofield and Weems were both starting to maul as run blockers in the second half of the game.
                            Good run blocking will help in pass blocking, especially in PAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                              Good run blocking will help in pass blocking, especially in PAP.
                              We need to see a lot more of this guy on offense. Especially now

He's not there on a lot of passing downs. I've always been a big fan of offenses with featured fullbacks. It helps the run and pass when you can run a lot of different plays from the same formation, or at least the same personnel. Keep Andy on the field!

Comment

Working...
                              X