Anderson Placed on IR; Juwan Thompson Joins Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson Placed on IR; Juwan Thompson Joins Roster

This effectively ends CJ Anderson's season. I'm okay with Booker as the starter, but it's tough to lose a talented guy like Anderson.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...a-790f84bdbe81

I think we all saw this one coming.

Thompson can also contribute on special teams, so not a bad move for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
      This effectively ends CJ Anderson's season. I'm okay with Booker as the starter, but it's tough to lose a talented guy like Anderson.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...a-790f84bdbe81
      he could still return week 17 and for the playoffs

Comment

Fortunately Denver has some depth. This covers RB, FB and STs. Thompson knows what is going on and has had some success as a RB before. He has been learning a lot on PS this year and now it's time to play. No worries.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by thescienceguy View Post
          he could still return week 17 and for the playoffs
          The injury he sustained is gonna take 3-4 months minimum to recover and then he'd still wouldn't be in football shape. It'd be irresponsible of our staff to rush him to play week 17.

Comment

Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
            The injury he sustained is gonna take 3-4 months minimum to recover and then he'd still wouldn't be in football shape. It'd be irresponsible of our staff to rush him to play week 17.
            Is it 3-4 months, or 3-4 weeks? I thought they were saying 3-4 weeks.

If it's weeks, then week 17 is reasonable. If it's months, then they shouldn't even mention week 17.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I can't remember the exact rules. I think they can put him back on the roster after six weeks and play him after eight weeks if they pull him back off of IR.
              Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                I can't remember the exact rules. I think they can put him back on the roster after six weeks and play him after eight weeks if they pull him back off of IR.
                After Aj Derby impresses the coaching staff allowing them to cut Jeff done nothing Heuerman!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  Is it 3-4 months, or 3-4 weeks? I thought they were saying 3-4 weeks.

If it's weeks, then week 17 is reasonable. If it's months, then they shouldn't even mention week 17.
                  The surgery is the easy part. The rehab is the hard part. Patella tendon repair is not an arthroscopic procedure, rather it is a simple open repair where the tendon is sewn together and often augmented with suture through drill holes in the bone. The kneecap tendon is well over an inch wide and is larger, broader and stronger than the ACL. The open incision and early immobilization required leads to more scar tissue, loss of motion and atrophy. In ACL surgery, an arthroscopic is used and patients are encouraged to move and bear full weight immediately after surgery thus speeding recovery.

The grueling rehab takes a minimum of 6-9 months; however, the struggle to regain explosiveness and full power goes well beyond that.

Comment

The surgery is the easy part. The rehab is the hard part. Patella tendon repair is not an arthroscopic procedure, rather it is a simple open repair where the tendon is sewn together and often augmented with suture through drill holes in the bone. The kneecap tendon is well over an inch wide and is larger, broader and stronger than the ACL. The open incision and early immobilization required leads to more scar tissue, loss of motion and atrophy. In ACL surgery, an arthroscopic is used and patients are encouraged to move and bear full weight immediately after surgery thus speeding recovery.

The grueling rehab takes a minimum of 6-9 months; however, the struggle to regain explosiveness and full power goes well beyond that.
                    Patella tendon? I thought it was just the meniscus?

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                      Patella tendon? I thought it was just the meniscus?
                      My bad. Meniscus. Just had a brutal week of exams.

Surgeons generally stitch the meniscus back together. The person then is non-weight bearing on the leg for 4-6 weeks. Sometimes longer, depending on where exactly the tear occurred. Total recovery time is generally estimated at 3 months. This is rarely much shorter for athletes because in the 4-6 weeks you can't do much to exercise the muscles. You need time after a couple months of healing to build back your leg to strength it was before. The person/athlete should return to 100% functionality within about 4-5 months.

Comment

My bad. Meniscus. Just had a brutal week of exams.

Surgeons generally stitch the meniscus back together. The person then is non-weight bearing on the leg for 4-6 weeks. Sometimes longer, depending on where exactly the tear occurred. Total recovery time is generally estimated at 3 months. This is rarely much shorter for athletes because in the 4-6 weeks you can't do much to exercise the muscles. You need time after a couple months of healing to build back your leg to strength it was before. The person/athlete should return to 100% functionality within about 4-5 months.
                        As far as this season goes that doesn't sound like much of a difference. I wouldn't expect him to make it back from IR.

Comment

So much for the we don't need CJ anyway verbiage.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                          X