Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reggie Herring gets game ball after taking over defense, telling Gary Kubiak to shut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie Herring gets game ball after taking over defense, telling Gary Kubiak to shut

Broncos defensive coordinator Wade Phillips left the game against the Chargers on Sunday after San Diego running back Melvin Gordon ran into him on the sideline. Phillips was taken to a hospital after the hit (he’s going to be OK) and linebackers coach Reggie Herring took over play calling.

The defense responded well, intercepting Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers three times and sacking him four times. After the 27-19 win, coach Gary Kubiak said that he gave Herring a game ball. Kubiak also said that Herring essentially told him to stay out of his hair.

Kubiak on Reggie Herring taking over #Broncos D: "I got on the headset couple times. He told me to shut the hell up and get off the headset"

“When I was in Houston, I lost Wade for a couple games and Reggie called the game,” Kubiak said Sunday evening, according to Nicki Jhabvala of the Denver Post. “Really proud of him . . . . Reggie is a fine coach. He’s been a teacher for Wade for many years and really stepped up and did a great job.

Herring has coached in the NFL for 35 years and joined the team as linebackers coach when Kubiak took over in early 2015.
    http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016...ak-to-shut-up/

I think he did a great job under the circumstances, as did the players in not losing their cool to a point where it affected their performance. They only allowed a single TD when he was calling the plays. I also like how he gave the players the credit in the locker room.

Shhh we don't want any exposure of our coaches to the rest of the league.

Dang vultures...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      Shhh we don't want any exposure of our coaches to the rest of the league.

Dang vultures...
      They can take Dennison if they want.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post

I approve of this.

Comment

Dennison needs to take his carcass out of the sky box and get it to the field where his aggressive presence could be felt.

But to stay on topic, yes Herring is a very hot and valuable commodity to this team right now!

Comment

Yes that's the only coach I would be happy they take off our hands.

Comment

Wade Phillips will be 70 years old before next season rolls around. He isn't going to be around forever.

Maybe we should let Herring know that he gets the job when Phillips leaves before he is signed by another team and the Broncos end up with a "cod piece".

Comment

He's an all-pro. Great talent, terrific approach to games. Other teams are idiots if they can't see his glory.
                sigpic

Comment

The great thing about Herring (for us as fans) is that because he is a position coach the broncos can block other teams from interviewing him for a job. The Bengals blocked us from interviewing their CB coach when we still needed a D Coordinator. We could do the same to other teams.
                  2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

Disagree, but not inclined to argue. Everyone has their own perspective based on what they bring to the issue.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                      Dennison needs to take his carcass out of the sky box and get it to the field where his aggressive presence could be felt.

But to stay on topic, yes Herring is a very hot and valuable commodity to this team right now!
                      I haven't paying attention. Does Dennison sit in the box? I know Kubiak stays on the sideline. Maybe they do need to move a position coach up there to provide that view and get Dennison down on the field to motivate the O players during the game.
                      Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

On a completely unrelated note HBO needs to get Wade a cameo in Westworld as a relative of Anthony Hopkins. Or at least as a host that gets ambushed by natives in a canyon while hunting some black hat guests.
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                          Wade Phillips will be 70 years old before next season rolls around. He isn't going to be around forever.

Maybe we should let Herring know that he gets the job when Phillips leaves before he is signed by another team and the Broncos end up with a "cod piece".
                          Pshhh. 70 is nothing. Look at Mr. Snyder!

Comment

Working...
                          X