John Elway pleased with Broncos' position at bye week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Elway pleased with Broncos' position at bye week

I want to believe the team is playing possum, just playing it safe, lying low. Hopefully, they will get TEs more involved in the game, and will increase protection for Siemian. If that is not the case, then, there is not much hope.

It would have been sweet to shock our remaining opponents with something different. But, alas, Kubiak reminds me so much of Jack Del Rio who, as defensive coordinator, never bothered with creative tinkering.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...6-85f5333cecc0
    Last edited by spirited_Cheer; 11-17-2016, 03:03 PM.

Yeah, so much concern about Kubiak, who is only 23-6 for us as a coach. With 4 different starting qb's. Hope he turns things around soon.
    sigpicWe da Champs... you da Chumps.
    Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII and 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by spirited_Cheer View Post
      I want to believe the team is playing possum, just playing it safe, lying low. Hopefully, they will get TEs more involved in the game, and will increase protection for Siemian. If that is not the case, then, there is not much hope.

It would have been sweet to shock our remaining opponents with something different. But, alas, Kubiak reminds me so much of Jack Del Rio who, as defensive coordinator, never bothered with creative tinkering.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...6-85f5333cecc0
      What would you like to see different that is actually possible? Coaching will not change the lack of talent on the O-line or TE position. Coaching will not change the lack of experience at QB. Coaching will not heal Derek Wolfe or bring back Malik Jackson to shore up the run defense.
      Last edited by gerontion; 11-18-2016, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
        What would you like to see different that is actually possible? Coaching not will change the lack of talent on the O-line or TE position. Coaching will not change the lack of experience at QB. Coaching will not heal Derek Wolfe or bring back Malik Jackson to shore up the run defense.
        I see your point and to criticize a coach who in his first year with us won a SB is quite the stretch to criticize halfway thru season two.BUTTTTT....If there is ONE criticism to be levelled at Kubiak it is that he has had two drafts with this team to address the O line(the one area he has seemingly mastered in his time coaching) and quite simply so far it isn't working.You say blame the Oline players but these are the players he has hand picked thru FA and the draft to fit his system.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
          I see your point and to criticize a coach who in his first year with us won a SB is quite the stretch to criticize halfway thru season two.BUTTTTT....If there is ONE criticism to be levelled at Kubiak it is that he has had two drafts with this team to address the O line(the one area he has seemingly mastered in his time coaching) and quite simply so far it isn't working.You say blame the Oline players but these are the players he has hand picked thru FA and the draft to fit his system.
          I don't doubt that Kubiak has some say in personnel decisions, but Elway is the GM after all. I don't know if it's fair to say Kubiak hand picked guys like Sambrailo, Okung, and Stephenson. Really, though, when was the last time Denver had a good O-line? Even during the Manning era I think Peyton made the line look better than it was. In any event, this offense will continue to struggle until it improves.

Comment

Manning made many OL's look better than they were. Hopefully Sambrailo's health continues to improve and Okung makes some adjustments to improve in our system because yes they have to be better for our QB's to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
              In the past two years Denver has drafted three O-Linemen and signed seven free agents. That's ten guys. Seven of them are still with the team. Revamping an entire line takes a while. Let's see how they look after the bye.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

What would you like to see different that is actually possible? Coaching will not change the lack of talent on the O-line or TE position. Coaching will not change the lack of experience at QB. Coaching will not heal Derek Wolfe or bring back Malik Jackson to shore up the run defense.
                Coaching can make a difference otherwise there would not be a need for them. Players would organize practice, drills, film study, assess and coach each other. Coaches can observe what the players cannot see and help them correct technique, etc. Talent is important however even highly talented players can improve with good coaching. I saw a perfect example of this with a local middle school football team this fall. They were 0-5 going into a game against the best team in the league. You could see there were enough players with talent to compete however they seemed over-powered especially on the offensive line. One parent that had experience coaching in another youth league very respectfully asked the head coach if he would be open to help - he noted that he recognized a few small changes with technique and positions could help. The parent helped with practices for the week leading up to the game. The players responded and they beat the best team 8-0. Coaching does make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                  Coaching can make a difference otherwise there would not be a need for them. Players would organize practice, drills, film study, assess and coach each other. Coaches can observe what the players cannot see and help them correct technique, etc. Talent is important however even highly talented players can improve with good coaching. I saw a perfect example of this with a local middle school football team this fall. They were 0-5 going into a game against the best team in the league. You could see there were enough players with talent to compete however they seemed over-powered especially on the offensive line. One parent that had experience coaching in another youth league very respectfully asked the head coach if he would be open to help - he noted that he recognized a few small changes with technique and positions could help. The parent helped with practices for the week leading up to the game. The players responded and they beat the best team 8-0. Coaching does make a difference.
                  I thoroughly agree. We need look no further then our own Broncos for this. Kubes and company took over with pretty much the same team but more offensive issues and with a change in philosophy and coaching we won the SB. Coaching absolutely makes a huge difference.
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                    I thoroughly agree. We need look no further then our own Broncos for this. Kubes and company took over with pretty much the same team but more offensive issues and with a change in philosophy and coaching we won the SB. Coaching absolutely makes a huge difference.
                    I'm not saying coaching doesn't matter. It certainly does. I also agree we wouldn't have won the SB without Wade or Kubes. However, at some point, you can't get blood from a stone. For instance, if Virgil Green were going to be a good pass catching TE it would have happened by now. It hasn't, and no amount of coaching will change that fact. Maybe because the line is so bad and our QBs are so inexperienced it's just not going to happen this year. That's not really a surprise. To whatever extent coaching can help, I'm sures Kubes and company will do all they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Champs Chumps View Post
                      Yeah, so much concern about Kubiak, who is only 23-6 for us as a coach. With 4 different starting qb's. Hope he turns things around soon.

what would his record be if we didn't rely on defense to win games
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                        Manning made many OL's look better than they were. Hopefully Sambrailo's health continues to improve and Okung makes some adjustments to improve in our system because yes they have to be better for our QB's to improve.

To me the wildcard in all of this is Sambrailo.I remember his first 6 weeks of his rookie season he looked like a star then injuries that affected his strength set in.I still hold out faith that with an injury free season he can be real good.

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                          what would his record be if we didn't rely on defense to win games
                          What would Belichick's record be without Tom Brady?

Comment

What would Belichick's record be without Tom Brady?
                            well its actually pretty good, didnt he win 10 or 11 with freaking matt cassel? then started out 4-1 with his backup lighting it up and #3 qb even winning? not the best example.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
                              well its actually pretty good, didnt he win 10 or 11 with freaking matt cassel? then started out 4-1 with his backup lighting it up and #3 qb even winning? not the best example.
                              You're still just talking about a relatively small sample size during the 16 years Brady has started. I'll also point out Belichick did nothing as head coach of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
                              X