Broncos sign WR Marlon Brown, waive CB Taurean Nixon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos sign WR Marlon Brown, waive CB Taurean Nixon

Per Denver Twitter. Waived Taurean Nixon.

Good move, adds needed depth. Hopefully can contribute down the stretch.

The guy is (listed as) around 6'5" and 215 lbs. I'm not complaining about the signing.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Broncos sign WR Marlon Brown, waive CB Taurean Nixon

Head Coach Gary Kubiak coached Brown in Baltimore, where the 6-foot-5, 214-pound receiving threat played for three seasons and racked up 87 receptions for 891 yards and seven touchdowns in 38 games.

The Broncos waived cornerback Taurean Nixon in a corresponding roster move. Nixon, who spent the majority of the season on the practice squad, appeared in one game for the Broncos this season.
      http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...8-26c086f5915a

Comment

The Broncos signed Brown and he participated in TC before injuring his back. IIRC he was making plays in camp.

Comment

I like the signing as well I've lost faith in Cody Latimer and somewhat and Jordan Norwood but at least Norwood is more dependable than Latimer.

I also think that it wouldn't be a bad idea to bump a manual sanders over to the salon and allow Jordan Taylor to get more playing time can you guys imagine teams having to double-team Demerius Thomas and Jordan Taylor and then figure out how to stop Emmanual in the slot.

Anyway not to change subject I like this signing and I hope he can stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            I like the signing as well I've lost faith in Cody Latimer and somewhat and Jordan Norwood but at least Norwood is more dependable than Latimer.

I also think that it wouldn't be a bad idea to bump a manual sanders over to the salon and allow Jordan Taylor to get more playing time can you guys imagine teams having to double-team Demerius Thomas and Jordan Taylor and then figure out how to stop Emmanual in the slot.

Anyway not to change subject I like this signing and I hope he can stay healthy.
            As opposed to an auto Sanders? just teasing.

Comment

Yea, maybe someone got popped for PEDs ?? Why have 7 WRs when the most glaring position of need is a ORT.
              Time will tell, hope DTs hip isn't going out😬

Comment

They had him signed in the off season until a back injury curbed that. i think this is just going in a direction they had all along.
                Last edited by EddieMac; 11-21-2016, 02:47 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

I remember Kubiak liking Marlon and Nixon waived probably means Talib is ready to play.

Comment

If another WR is the missing factor to make this offense productive....I'm all in!

Comment

We should have no issues of height in the redzone at least lol. We could essentially have 6'5, 6'5, 6'5, 6'3 and Emanuel Sanders out there. There is more to being proficient in the redzone than height. But it sure as heck shouldn't hurt us.

Comment

Good move. I've always liked him
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Nixon resigned and Ryan Murphy waived! It was sad watching Nixon and Ware do a Thanksgiving for the troops yesterday when I knew they waived him probably the next day.

Comment

The Broncos waived safety Ryan Murphy from the practice squad Tuesday and plan to re-sign cornerback Taurean Nixon in his place.

Nixon, a seventh-round draft pick by the Broncos in 2015, was waived Monday to clear a roster spot for receiver Marlon Browns. Nixon was on the practice squad for his first regular season in the league. He was promoted to the active roster Nov. 6, when the Broncos played the Raiders in Oakland without Aqib Talib (back) or Kayvon Webster (hamstring).

Hillman claimed: Ronnie Hillman is going back to Cali. The San Diego State alum and former Broncos running back was claimed by the Chargers off waivers from Minnesota on Tuesday. The Broncos also put a claim on Hillman, but because San Diego has a worse record (4-6), it won.

Hillman was drafted by Denver in the third round of the 2012 draft and was its leading rusher last season, with 863 yards and seven touchdowns. He was released in September as the Broncos pared their training camp roster to its final 53.

The Vikings, who rank last in the league with only 70 rushing yards per game, signed Hillman nearly two weeks later, but in five games, he totaled only 18 carries and 50 yards.

San Diego currently sits at No. 18 in the league with 103 rushing yards per game, led by Melvin Gordon (83.8 per game)

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/22...onnie-hillman/

Comment

At least we don't have to face a charged up Hillman trying to prove himself against his former team.

Comment

Working...
                              X