With Kreiter out, Broncos add a long snapper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Kreiter out, Broncos add a long snapper

Bronco sign ex. Chief long snapper and wave Darius Kilgo.

? Why did they waive Darius Kilgo? Why can't they waive Jeff Heuerman?

Sorry I cannot find the link yet because I just heard it on the radio.

Originally posted by IHaveBRONC-itus View Post
    Here's the link I found:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-long-snapper/

Hope Kilgo passes waivers so we can bring him back after this
    Last edited by Peanut; 04-01-2017, 02:59 PM.

Here's the link I found:

sigpic

Comment

I would have waived Krieter till he was healthy or Billy Turner. Let's pray he clears waivers. This is a stupid move in my opinion.
      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveBRONC-itus View Post
        Here's the link I found:

Thank you I appreciate that.

Forgive me for sounding angry but I just want to know what the heck John Elway is thinking why can't a defense of player at a position of need with very little dip in favor of keeping guys like Cody Latimer and Jeff heuerman?

I've said many times that I appreciate John Elway and I like what he's done with the Denver Broncos I'm not sure how many of you feel about certain guys on the team but I think Elway really needs to get off their jocks i've said many times that I appreciate John Elway and I like what he's done with the Denver Broncos I'm not sure how many of you feel about certain guys on the team but I think Elway really needs to get off with their jock.

I am talking about guys like Cody Latimer and Jeff Heuerman.

Comment

That's insane. 7 WRs on the roster and Elway cuts a DT. Oh my...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            Thank you I appreciate that.

Forgive me for sounding angry but I just want to know what the heck John Elway is thinking why can't a defense of player at a position of need with very little dip in favor of keeping guys like Cody Latimer and Jeff heuerman?

I've said many times that I appreciate John Elway and I like what he's done with the Denver Broncos I'm not sure how many of you feel about certain guys on the team but I think Elway really needs to get off their jocks i've said many times that I appreciate John Elway and I like what he's done with the Denver Broncos I'm not sure how many of you feel about certain guys on the team but I think Elway really needs to get off with their jock.

I am talking about guys like Cody Latimer and Jeff Heuerman.

Yeah. Really weird to waive a guy when we only have two NT's on the roster. So...now we have no back up to Sylvester Williams?
            Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

This is a head scratcher....maybe they think its time to pull Kyle Peko off the practice squad and use him if Kilgo gets claimed?
              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Trust Elway he knows more then all of us combined

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                  Trust Elway he knows more then all of us combined
                  I still believe this but my patience is wearing thin when we release Kilgo and Heuerman...

Comment

Long snappers are a dime a dozen. Why didn't he just release Krieter? This makes no logical sense at all. Now, not only do we not have a backup NT, we don't have any bargaining power with Sly for a new contract after this season since he's our ONLY one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                      I still believe this but my patience is wearing thin when we release Kilgo and Heuerman...
                      I don't think Elway will give up early on players he invested a pretty high draft pick on, especially when a player hasn't had a chance to contribute significantly due to injuries.

I wouldn't think of cutting Heuerman quiet yet, but Lattimer wouldve definitely been a cut candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by BHPizza View Post
                        Long snappers are a dime a dozen. Why didn't he just release Krieter? This makes no logical sense at all. Now, not only do we not have a backup NT, we don't have any bargaining power with Sly for a new contract after this season since he's our ONLY one.
                        I wouldn't exactly go that far. I believe our long snapper is injured and will be out this game so I see the need to pick one up. FG's especially could be huge in this game. However, I am scratching my head over Kilgo being the move. I know he hasn't seen that much time on the field but that seems to leave our depth very thin at the position. We shall see. Welcome aboard Mr. Gafford
                        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
                          I don't think Elway will give up early on players he invested a pretty high draft pick on, especially when a player hasn't had a chance to contribute significantly due to injuries.

I wouldn't think of cutting Heuerman quiet yet, but Lattimer wouldve definitely been a cut candidate.
                          Oh I feel the same, however I give Latimer a little bit of leeway since he's a special teams Ace but I would've rather seen then cut him instead of Kilgo!

I guess either they pull peko off the PS or move Winn or Gotsis over to back up to he nose.

Comment

How long does it take to find out if a player goes through waivers unclaimed? this seems kind of stupid on Elway's part

Comment

Originally posted by BHPizza View Post
                              Good long snappers aren't, especially good long snappers on entry level contracts.

How many games has Kilgo been active for? If I'm not mistaken he's been inactive for the majority, so why would the Broncos release a player who is routinely in their active 46 when they can drop one of the other 7 who is very likely to pass through waivers and be back on the roster on Monday?

Comment

Working...
                              X