Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
    WOW!!!

I hadn't heard that Heuerman was released. After Sunday nights game with multiple missed blocks, I'm surprised it wasn't Green.
    I could be wrong of course but I don't believe we have. Can't find it anywhere and he is still currently listed on roster
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
      I could be wrong of course but I don't believe we have. Can't find it anywhere and he is still currently listed on roster
      Of course Heuerman hasn't been released. That was my attempt at "Sarcasm-lite".

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        I'm not worried about the size of the line because they essentially play a 4-3 defense, and they've got 3 linemen who are the appropriate size for that. Where I think the defense is struggling is that teams are doubling the 1 tech (Williams) and the middle linebacker is doing a poor job of filling the hole. If you get a double team on Williams the MLB should be going to his gap immediately (which will be one of those A gaps) because they're running the ball behind that double team.

People get on Williams because he's getting blown up by the double team (and I'll get back to that in a second) but they're not recognizing that it's a 1 gap, gap elimination defense, the linebacker responsible for the other A gap should be in there making that play in the backfield. As far as Williams goes, if he starts getting blown up by the double team consistently they should just have him start cutting the lineman in front of him, try to get both if he can. Trade 1 player for 1 player and that becomes a stalemate there, which is better than what they've been getting. The other thing he can do, if you're getting blown up, grab the lineman's collar and fall down, hope to take him with you, they don't call defensive holding on defensive linemen very often.
        My feed was choppy during the game, and I have only looked at certain plays from the game on Game Pass (mostly on Offense), but was Billy Winn being used to sub for Sylvester Williams a lot or is that just an impression I got from limited input?
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Working...
        X