Malik Jackson on Broncos - Now You Have To Deal With Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malik Jackson on Broncos - Now You Have To Deal With Me

Looks like Malik was not and is not a happy camper and goes off on the Broncos and Elway. This seems like it's gonna get personal Sunday.

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Malik-...th-me-49426560

Malik Jackson bolted for the Jacksonville Jaguars in free agency for more money and a better opportunity.

And he's not hiding it.

In a tell-all with Denver media on Wednesday, the veteran defensive lineman revealed his thoughts on his old team, his old teammates, and, of course, the main reason for leaving the Mile High City.

Actually, he had 90 million reasons, nearly double what the Broncos offered.

Malik Jackson said #Broncos offered 5-year, $53M. He declined & went toward FA. He said he'd have taken it before season but things changed. One of those "things" was the four-year, $36.7 million extension Derek Wolfe received in January -- the tipping point.

Malik Jackson said Broncos' deal w/ Derek Wolfe was beginning of the end. "I thought I would demand a few more dollars than him personally." I'm worth more than what they offered me and they shouldn't have let me go. I'm a problem and now you got to deal with me" Malik Jackson

Sunday's game in Jacksonville will be the first time Jackson's faced his former club. And if you don't think he's ready to play spoiler, sinking the 7-4 Broncos' playoff hopes, you don't know Malik.

Despite a slow start to the season, Jackson is second on the Jags with 4.5 sacks. He will be a problem for Denver's offensive line, which has surrendered 31 sacks in 2016 -- sixth-most in the NFL.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

I still don't understand why he is upset. He had the opportunity to play on a SB winning team have a career year and get paid in free agency. It was winning over money or money over winning. Cant have your cake and eat it too. That is unless you are von miller and von miller he isn't.

Comment

This part makes no sense ....

Malik Jackson said #Broncos offered 5-year, $53M. He declined & went toward FA. He said he'd have taken it before season but things changed. One of those "things" was the four-year, $36.7 million extension Derek Wolfe received in January -- the tipping point.

Malik Jackson said Broncos' deal w/ Derek Wolfe was beginning of the end. "I thought I would demand a few more dollars than him personally

So the Broncos offered Malik 5/53 and offered Derek 4/36 .... that is a $17 million dollar difference for 1 extra year? That actually works in favor for Malik?? Derek is making approx $9million/year where as Malik would've been approx $10.5million/year or in other words "A few more dollars than him"

What an idiot! have fun at the bottom of the barrel every year in J-Ville you turd!
      sigpic

Comment

Jax is where Broncos who only care about the money go to lose games.
        Let's Ride!

Comment

Malik's just mad he's severely underperforming. We're paying Sylvester Williams 2.5m and he has as many tackles as Malik.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
            Malik's just mad he's severely underperforming. We're paying Sylvester Williams 2.5m and he has as many tackles as Malik.
            If he has any brains he understands his contract is structured so that if he is not an elite player by end of 2017 he will be released and probably will have a hard time making that money again
            Let's Ride!

Comment

I got 2-words for 'Einstein' Jackson-- 'Salary Cap'!

The only thing he should take personally is his lack of common sense.
              sigpic

Comment

The comment about Wolfe has my blood boiling (had to find a way to word that so I wouldn't get in trouble). To take a jab like that at a former teammate is so low. Even if he felt that way, he should have kept it quiet. Lost a lot of respect for him with that comment.

I'd take Wolfe any day over Malik. And twice in Sunday's.

Comment

He's still complaining like a spurned girlfriend because he knows it was all about getting paid and he's doing everything he can to make it look like he didn't do it for the big money.
                  Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                    This part makes no sense ....

Malik Jackson said Broncos' deal w/ Derek Wolfe was beginning of the end. "I thought I would demand a few more dollars than him personally

So the Broncos offered Malik 5/53 and offered Derek 4/36 .... that is a $17 million dollar difference for 1 extra year? That actually works in favor for Malik?? Derek is making approx $9million/year where as Malik would've been approx $10.5million/year or in other words "A few more dollars than him"

What an idiot! have fun at the bottom of the barrel every year in J-Ville you turd!

Hmmm.Perhaps he can start his own group THE MMM.....Maliks Money Matters.Wouldnt be the first group to let cold hard facts get in the way of their agenda.

Comment

Working...
                    X