Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Miller Buys Custom Bottle of Wine for Every Player in AFC West

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...er-in-afc-west

Denver Broncos pass-rusher Von Miller makes life miserable for the opposition on a regular basis, but the reigning Super Bowl MVP spread some holiday cheer by gifting every AFC West player a bottle of wine.

According to Nicki Jhabvala of the Denver Post, the wine is called "The Setting," and it features both Miller's signature and the outline of his glasses on the label. A note written by Miller accompanies each bottle:

It is an honor and a privilege to take the field and compete with you twice a year. We are so fortunate to have this opportunity to fulfill our childhood dreams of playing in the NFL. The blood, sweat, aches and pains, and endless hours spent watching film are a testament to the love and dedication we have for this game. So take a moment, reflect on all your successes, and enjoy your accomplishment. Appreciate those who have helped you get this far, and start working towards your next childhood dream.

Thank you for helping to make our game great!

The 27-year-old linebacker is in the midst of another dominant season with 49 tackles and an NFL-leading 12.5 sacks, making him a leading Defensive Player of the Year candidate.

Miller is coming off a three-sack performance in a loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, and he is well on his way to his fifth Pro Bowl nod.

Well at least he is spreading some cheer with his new found wealth. I'd love to know the price tag for that many bottles of custom whine and I'm guessing its not MD 20/20 relabled lol.

Very classy move by Von. He is ours and he is original. Merry Christmas AFC West
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Was just about to post this. This is the type of thing that should be picked up nationally, but somehow isn't. What a nice thing to do, I'm sure people will rip on it for something though.

EDIT: Apparently it has got some national press.

Comment

I liked him before this. This sucks. I like him, he's good people.

Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
        I liked him before this. This sucks. I like him, he's good people.

Damn.
        Will you still like him after he sacks Carr 3 times in Week 17?
        Denver Broncos
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks
        Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
          Will you still like him after he sacks Carr 3 times in Week 17?
          I appreciate the game enough to like plenty of players for their personalities or for what they contribute on and off the field, regardless of the team. Guys like Von Miller, Michael Schofield. This list goes on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
            I appreciate the game enough to like plenty of players for their personalities or for what they contribute on and off the field, regardless of the team. Guys like Von Miller, Michael Schofield. This list goes on and on.
            You're just a good guy.

I love that he gave gifts to all the players, but the note was what really impressed me. No smack. Just respect. Classy. I'm glad he's ours.
            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Von may be having the last laugh as he probably stomped all the grapes himself right after losing to the AFC West teams. Yea, it's 'custom wine' all right!.
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe he's buying them conciliatory gifts when we happen to take the AFC West again ....I mean...a man can hope right?

Comment

Working...
                X