Gary Kubiak retiring: Broncos' Opening Would be Desirable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Kubiak retiring: Broncos' Opening Would be Desirable

Not sure how to embed, could a mod please help out?

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/01/den...ing-candidates

I don't see how the job becomes the most desirable.

It might rank above some openings, but I don't think it is necessarily at the top of the list.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

It might rank above some openings, but I don't think it is necessarily at the top of the list.
      Is there a better Head Coach opening?
      Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
        Is there a better Head Coach opening?
        That depends on the pool of candidates and what they are looking for, as well as what teams with openings are offering, in terms of autonomy.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I agree. Denver is ready to win now with a few pieces missing. Add that with the winning culture in Denver, def will be desirable place to come to

Comment

We have 10 draft picks with 2 young developing QBs. We have one of, if not the best defensive players in the league. We have the best secondary in the league. What's not to like?

Only 2 teams with just as good or better situation are Jags and Rams. Rams because of their D aren't bad and they have Gurley. Jags have great draft position with a very young and up and coming defense. Questions surround their offense, but they have huge potential.
            Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
              We have 10 draft picks with 2 young developing QBs. We have one of, if not the best defensive players in the league. We have the best secondary in the league. What's not to like?

Only 2 teams with just as good or better situation are Jags and Rams. Rams because of their D aren't bad and they have Gurley. Jags have great draft position with a very young and up and coming defense. Questions surround their offense, but they have huge potential.
              Haha, you and your love of all things Florida, well Gators and Jags. haha. I'm not sure the Jags situation is more desirable, they have some issue on offense, as bad if not worse than Denver, and their QB situation might actually be worse than Denver.

I think Jacksonville needs an established coach (Tom Coughlin) who can teach them how to become a winning team. The Rams need the same thing, but I think the Rams are more likely to pick the wrong candidate to try and get some flash.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                Haha, you and your love of all things Florida, well Gators and Jags. haha. I'm not sure the Jags situation is more desirable, they have some issue on offense, as bad if not worse than Denver, and their QB situation might actually be worse than Denver.

I think Jacksonville needs an established coach (Tom Coughlin) who can teach them how to become a winning team. The Rams need the same thing, but I think the Rams are more likely to pick the wrong candidate to try and get some flash.
                Just love the state I am from man. Lol. Coughlin will be with Jags in some aspect whether it's FO or coaching. I truly believe this. I still stand by them as a good team. Bortles regressed because of coaching I think. Also game planning wasn't to great. They rarely got Robinson involved and kept trying to force Yeldon to make plays which he couldn't.

Comment

Just love the state I am from man. Lol. Coughlin will be with Jags in some aspect whether it's FO or coaching. I truly believe this. I still stand by them as a good team. Bortles regressed because of coaching I think. Also game planning wasn't to great. They rarely got Robinson involved and kept trying to force Yeldon to make plays which he couldn't.
                  I actually don't think they're far away, which is why I think they'll bring in a coach who can teach them how to win. Tom Coughlin for a few years with an OC who will be his successor in a year or two is probably the correct path for them.

Comment

How could anyone, let alone a fan of this team, suggest this isn't the most desirable job opening in the NFL?
                    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                      How could anyone, let alone a fan of this team, suggest this isn't the most desirable job opening in the NFL?
                      Because people are allowed to have opinions and be realists.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Why not? Top 3 defense. Top front office. Explosive wide outs. A good running back stable (when healthy). Very taleneted Youth on every level. And at minimum 40million in cap space and possibly more if Elway restructures talibs contract. Also the knowledge thst JFE will do everything in his power to put the best team on the field.
                        I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

Yes, people have a right to their opinion, of course. Being a realist about it implies there's logic and reason to it, care to share your thought process on it? The Broncos are a year removed from being Superbowl champions, have a winning culture, and a GM that has quickly become one of the best (if not the best) in the league. I'm not sure how any of these other teams can compete with that.

Comment

Its been reported that TC is not interested in the Jags for some reason.

The Jags job is desirable but not sure why you mention the Rams ?

Their D is solid but not elite, and their offense is terrible. No weapons in the passing game (apart from a gadget receiver in Austin), a poor OL, and Goff is only a rookie but looked awful. Plus Tennessee have their round one pick (#5)

The Rams is one of the least desirable gigs imo

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                              Its been reported that TC is not interested in the Jags for some reason.

The Jags job is desirable but not sure why you mention the Rams ?

Their D is solid but not elite, and their offense is terrible. No weapons in the passing game (apart from a gadget receiver in Austin), a poor OL, and Goff is only a rookie but looked awful. Plus Tennessee have their round one pick (#5)

The Rams is one of the least desirable gigs imo
                              Agreed, Rams job is full of questions and not many answers. Jags are really overrated, free agent and draft winners. Bills are an interesting job, but more than likely already filled. The Broncos job is far away the best opportunity for any coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X