Von, Talib, CHjr named All Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von, Talib, CHjr named All Pro

Cowboys WLB Sean Lee, RB Ezekiel Elliott, LT Tyron Smith, C Travis Frederick, and RG Zack Martin were all named first-team All-Pros on Friday.

Dallas led the way with five first-team All-Pro selections, followed by the Chiefs with four. Lee played all but three snaps this season before being rested in Week 17 and graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 2-ranked 4-3 outside linebacker.

Rounding out the first-team All-Pro defense is EDGE Khalil Mack, EDGE Vic Beasley, DT Aaron Donald, DT Damon Harrison, LB Von Miller, LB Bobby Wagner, CB Aqib Talib, CB Marcus Peters, CB Chris Harris, S Eric Berry, and S Landon Collins. On special teams, it was K Justin Tucker, P Johnny Hekker, KR Cordarrelle Patterson, PR Tyreek Hill, and ST Matthew Slater.

(Rotoworld)

------

NO DEN offensive players made the All Pro Team.... lol
    Last edited by fraguela09; 01-06-2017, 10:38 AM.

(From SI)

Three rookies and 17 first-time selections, including Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan, lead the 2016 NFL All-Pro team, announced by the Associated Press on Friday

Dallas led all teams with five first-team selections.

When it comes to the Most Valuable Player, which will be announced at the NFL honors on Feb. 6, the AP All-Pro Team is a good indicator of who might win the award.

The last time a player won the MVP award who wasn't a first-team AP All-Pro was 2003, when Peyton Manning got first-team honors and co-MVP Steve McNair was named to the second team. It also happened in 1987 when Broncos quarterback John Elway won the MVP award and was named second-team All-Pro. 49ers quarterback Joe Montana garnered the first-team accolades that season.

Offense

Quarterback - Matt Ryan, Atlanta

Wide receivers - Julio Jones, Atlanta, Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh

Running back - Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas

Flex - David Johnson, Arizona

Tight end - Travis Kelce, Kansas City

Tackles - Tyron Smith, Dallas, Jack Conklin, Tennessee

Guards - Zack Martin, Dallas, Kelechi Osemele, Oakland

Center - Travis Frederick, Dallas

Comment

Defense

Edge rushers - Khalil Mack, Oakland, Vic Beasley, Atlanta

Defensive tackles - Aaron Donald, Los Angeles, Damon Harrison, N.Y. Giants

Linebackers - Sean Lee, Dallas, Von Miller, Denver, Bobby Wagner, Seattle

Cornerbacks - Marcus Peters, Kansas City, Chris Harris, Jr. Denver, Aqib Talib, Denver

Safeties - Eric Berry, Kansas City, Landon Collins, N.Y. Giants

Special teams

Kicker - Justin Tucker, Baltimore

Punter - Johnny Hekker, Los Angeles

Punt returner - Tyreek Hill, Kansas City

Comment

Together, Harris and Talib became the Broncos' first All-Pro cornerbacks since Champ Bailey, and the only pair of first-team cornerbacks since at least 1962, when the term "cornerback" was gaining traction. (Before then, teams used two "defensive halfbacks" for the responsibilities cornerbacks now have.)

Comment

This speaks loudly about the strength of our D. All Pro is big time success, and we have 3 in one unit!!!

As many of us have discussed, we need to regain our strength as a run D, and that will happen in '17, perhaps via FA and The Draft. Two upgrades on D would be fantastic!

As for O, clearly we did not deserve All Pro selections. And it's not just about making these elite levels for specific players, but it is critical that we do as Elway says, and fix what needs fixing.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
            Cowboys WLB Sean Lee, RB Ezekiel Elliott, LT Tyron Smith, C Travis Frederick, and RG Zack Martin were all named first-team All-Pros on Friday.

Dallas led the way with five first-team All-Pro selections, followed by the Chiefs with four. Lee played all but three snaps this season before being rested in Week 17 and graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 2-ranked 4-3 outside linebacker.

Rounding out the first-team All-Pro defense is EDGE Khalil Mack, EDGE Vic Beasley, DT Aaron Donald, DT Damon Harrison, LB Von Miller, LB Bobby Wagner, CB Aqib Talib, CB Marcus Peters, CB Chris Harris, S Eric Berry, and S Landon Collins. On special teams, it was K Justin Tucker, P Johnny Hekker, KR Cordarrelle Patterson, PR Tyreek Hill, and ST Matthew Slater.

(Rotoworld)

------

NO DEN offensive players made the All Pro Team.... lol
            This is awesome. Way to go Von, CHJ and Talib. :clap:
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
              Together, Harris and Talib became the Broncos' first All-Pro cornerbacks since Champ Bailey, and the only pair of first-team cornerbacks since at least 1962, when the term "cornerback" was gaining traction. (Before then, teams used two "defensive halfbacks" for the responsibilities cornerbacks now have.)
              Canadian football still uses defensive halfbacks. Because there's the extra man on the field and it's more of a passing game, every base defense has 2 corners, 2 halfbacks and 1 safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                Canadian football still uses defensive halfbacks. Because there's the extra man on the field and it's more of a passing game, every base defense has 2 corners, 2 halfbacks and 1 safety.
                Canadian football is horrible. And I'm not talking about the CFL (though that too is horrible), but the sport.

Comment

Dallas has 3 OL on the roster :clap: ... I will go out on a limb here and say that they still will not when the SB.
                  sigpic

Comment

I know Pro Bowl is a big thing and all but I take All Pro more seriously. Now, I don't regard it as highly as I used to but even still, it's quite the accomplishment and speaks volumes of how incredible these three players are.

We're lucky to have them. :thumb:
                    Adopted Poster
                    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Hopefully this will silence the Talib haters that want to see him cut and or traded.

Comment

Originally posted by aditheman View Post
                        Canadian football is horrible. And I'm not talking about the CFL (though that too is horrible), but the sport.
                        Okay, good to know. Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                          Dallas has 3 OL on the roster :clap: ... I will go out on a limb here and say that they still will not win the SB.
                          :clap: I guess they won't even win a playoff game ...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aditheman View Post
                            Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                            Okay, good to know. Thanks...
                            I'll make sure I stop watching it.......

Comment

Working...
                            X