X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade Phillips to the Rams

Just reported by Adam Schefter.
    sigpic

Oh that blows, damn this offseason, damn it!

PS have to spread it but thanks for the terrible news!
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Wow. Bad news. Time to see if Joe Woods can step up. So that means first time defensive coordinator and first time head coach? Next season could be rough
      Last edited by TheAsianPA; 01-12-2017, 06:58 PM.
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

I'm not happy
        sigpic
        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
          Wow. Horrible news. Time to see if Joe Woods can step up. So that means first defensive coordinator and first time head coach? Next season could be rough
          This exactly, the lack of experience is really concerning to me. This makes getting McCoy as OC almost seem like a good thing
          Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
            Wow. Horrible news. Time to see if Joe Woods can step up. So that means first defensive coordinator and first time head coach? Next season could be rough
            It's why I want a Gus Bradley or a Mike Pettine to come in. Give Jospeh plenty of experience to fall back on.

Comment

Interesting, I have to imagine that Elway didnt like the back step we took on both sides of the ball. The Defense will likely still have a Wade feel since both Vance and Woods were under Wade.
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

This might not be bad.....ok too bad. We have son of bum coaching tree coaches. There will be some continuity.

It's the man we will miss.... he is a classic. True original.
                sigpic

Comment

Rams hired Wade Phillips as defensive coordinator.
                  It's a massive get for the resetting Rams. The Rams went bold at head coach, hiring 30-year-old Sean McVay. Phillips and his decades of NFL experience is the perfect counterweight, especially since he spent the past two years coordinating the most fearsome defense in the league. Born two years after World War II, Phillips will be working for someone who graduated high school in 2004. It's an awkward fit on paper, but Phillips has some talented players to work with, most notably perennial DPOY candidate Aaron Donald. If nothing else, there will be immediate improvement/increased consistency on Jeff Fisher's stunningly undisciplined unit.

Comment

This really sucks. Ugh.... Thanks Wade for everything! I think outside of Elway as GM you have been greatest hire Denver has made in last 10 or so years. You'll never be forgotten.
                    sigpic

Comment

I, like all of you, hope we don't fall off that much. I am just hoping that whoever takes over keeps up the pressure and the aggressive play calls on Defense. We have the secondary, which keeps getting better to allow for the blitzes(minus Ward in coverage). I hope whoever takes over isn't passive with his play calls since it might be his first time doing so during NFL games.
                      New England Patriots GM

Comment

Only time will tell if losing Wade is going to be a huge downfall for us. I'm interested to see how this changes up our schemes.

Comment

This is a sad day day, indeed. Wade was the best defensive coordinator we have ever had. I credit him for the Broncos taking the super bowl.

The Rams gain, our loss.

Thank You Wade, for a job well done!

Comment

I am ok with this. I guess it is because I am old enough to remember his first stint here as Defensive Coordinator and Head Coach.
                            Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                            sigpic

Comment

I am fine with the move.
                              It's like everyone thinks the players on this defense are suddenly going to forget how to play because Wade is not there.
                              As high as players seem to be on Woods, I hope he is the guy and that he will continue the aggressive nature of the D. Heck maybe his desire to prove himself out of the gate in his first DC opportunity would make him play a little less conservatively.

Comment

Working...
                              X