No announcement yet.

Wade Phillips to the Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last thing I wanted was for Wade to leave but I can't shake the feeling that we're in very, very good hands with Joe Woods. He's going to be phenomenal.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I just want everyone to know that I am getting crap all over Boston about these moves. From Starbucks, to the grocery store, to the liquor store, to the bakery, to the gas station. They all know me as an avid Bronco fan and are smack talking me whenever I go in. HELP. It's hard being a Bronco fan up here.

What should I say. Give me my talking points. lol

I even went in for my monthly Vitamin B shot today and got smack talked by my Gastroenterologist....

And how could I forget my boss...
      And my maintenance man, who poses as a Patriots fan but is really a Cowboys fan.

I'm in trouble here. lol
      Last edited by broncoslover115; 01-13-2017, 09:37 AM.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Wade Phillips
        ‏@sonofbum

Thanks to John for bringing me, to the Greatest staff, to Gary our leader, to the Best players ever and to the greatest fans. I will miss you
        :clap:

:lombardi:
        Denver Broncos
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks
        Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          I just want everyone to know that I am getting crap all over Boston about these moves. From Starbucks, to the grocery store, to the liquor store, to the bakery, to the gas station. They all know me as an avid Bronco fan and are smack talking me whenever I go in. HELP. It's hard being a Bronco fan up here.

I even went in for my monthly Vitamin B shot today and got smack talked by my Gastroenterologist....

And my maintenance man, who poses as a Patriots fan but is really a Cowboys fan.

I'm in trouble here. lol
          Honestly who cares what those plebs say? I usually just laugh it off and say we'll see cause thats all we can do. Why should you as a fan feel bad over something you have no control over?

Comment

I'm in trouble here. lol
            Ha ha.....at least folks know who you like and what you believe in. Or is the loud Broncos clothes you wear every day???!!!

:thumb:

I am disappointed, because Wade did us so proud, and I wish he could have stayed. But he leaves knowing that he was a major reason for our SB victory. He will never lose that distinction. And yes, about time The Rams got their act together.

BUT having said all of this, I am confident about our future!!!:lombardi:
            Last edited by CanDB; 01-13-2017, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
              I am fine with the move.
              It's like everyone thinks the players on this defense are suddenly going to forget how to play because Wade is not there.
              As high as players seem to be on Woods, I hope he is the guy and that he will continue the aggressive nature of the D. Heck maybe his desire to prove himself out of the gate in his first DC opportunity would make him play a little less conservatively.
              I agree with this. I heartily thank Wade for everything he did while he was the DC here, but it gets down to personnel and not coordinators. This team retains the heart of the defense and it can only get better through drafting and FA. Yes, it sucks that Wade is gone, but this defense was primed for success when Wade got here and I'm confident that VJ will not let them take a step backwards.

Comment

I'm in trouble here. lol
                You have to consider the source of the smack you're getting. After all, it is Boston.......

Comment

I'm in trouble here. lol
                  Tell them what you feel the truth is. If you don't like it, say it, if you do, say it too. We have talent, and the coaches may not be everyone's flavor, but they're respected coaches.
                  Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

2016 season, not even close to the goals set. 2017 , new coaching and for sure some new personnel on the field. Cant help but get excited for a new era in Bronco history.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      Ha ha.....at least folks know who you like and what you believe in. Or is the loud Broncos clothes you wear every day???!!!

:thumb:

I am disappointed, because Wade did us so proud, and I wish he could have stayed. But he leaves knowing that he was a major reason for our SB victory. He will never lose that distinction. And yes, about time The Rams got their act together.

BUT having said all of this, I am confident about our future!!!:lombardi:
                      It's definitely those loud clothes I wear.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I'm in trouble here. lol
                        The Broncos have remained successful through numerous coaching and player changes. The Patriots have enjoyed success through one coach and one quarterback. Tell them the Broncos have proven to have the ability to adapt and succeed. The jury is still out for the Patriots.

On a secondary note, Patriots fans laughed at us when we hired Wade, and cited Wade always failed against Brady. They sure do love their talking points, even if they don't stay consistent with them.

Comment

I'm in trouble here. lol
                          Well if we signed McDaniels they would call us geniuses, they don't know football, all they've ever known is Brady/Bellichek.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm going to take this as a positive, because I strive to be positive. I think, with Wade's desire for a pay raise, and Elway's changing of the gaurd at Head Coach, there is no reason for me or anyone else to harbor ill feelings towards either Wade or the front office.

The Rams new coach is bringing along Wade's son as TE Coach (or so I've heard) so that will provide father and son an opportunity to work together, something I imagine Wade would relish.

And for those upset at Elway, he really shouldn't hire someone to coach our Broncos if he doesn't trust them to pick their own staff. And I don't know that I would want to take a job of this magnitude and be told I "had" to take certain assistant coaches with me. We don't know the inner workings, but Wade could've just said, "Hey, I'm getting up there in years. Don't know how much longer I'll be able to do this, and I've got my ring with the organization I've spent the most time with, so I think I'd like a different challenge."

Still, another positive is Wade might help that defense do even more damage to its opponents in their division, specifically those Seahawks! 😂

Thanks son of bum.
                            Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                            Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                            Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Working...
                            X