Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qbronco
    replied
    We have several areas that need to be addressed: OL, TE, RB, QB, DL, ILB, and KR. With the right additions, in free agency and the draft, and good coaching, I believe we will see improvement. I would like to the see the OL and DL positions improved through free agency just because there is such a high learning curve with these position groups. I hope one of our young quarterbacks makes a leaps and bounds improvement this year. The other areas could be addressed in the draft. It will be entertaining from a fan's prospective to see what happens this offseason. I am looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    It's going to be a fun and exciting season on both sides of the ball and as we all already know it all starts up front.

I'm hoping that John Elway goes out and signs not only a few offensive line men but a defensive lineman or two.

I would really like to see John Elway sign Brandon Williams away from the Baltimore ravens. I'm not sure if that is possible or realistic but I was advocating hard for the Broncos to draft this kid back in 2013 when they drafted Sylvester Williams.

The guy is very versatile and can run from side to side at a high speed, even though he's over 300lbs. This guy has a ton of untapped potential still.

Defense of and I would love to see Callais Campbell come in and play for the Denver Broncos and I actually think that will be reality come free ag defensive and I would love to see Callais Campbell come in and play for the Denver Broncos and I actually think that will be reality come this March during free-agency.
    That's it bud....looking forward is a good thing! And believe me, we will soon be deep into offseason "excitement"!

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    It's going to be a fun and exciting season on both sides of the ball and as we all already know it all starts up front.

I'm hoping that John Elway goes out and signs not only a few offensive line men but a defensive lineman or two.

I would really like to see John Elway sign Brandon Williams away from the Baltimore ravens. I'm not sure if that is possible or realistic but I was advocating hard for the Broncos to draft this kid back in 2013 when they drafted Sylvester Williams.

The guy is very versatile and can run from side to side at a high speed, even though he's over 300lbs. This guy has a ton of untapped potential still.

Defense of and I would love to see Callais Campbell come in and play for the Denver Broncos and I actually think that will be reality come free ag defensive and I would love to see Callais Campbell come in and play for the Denver Broncos and I actually think that will be reality come this March during free-agency.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...dates-for-2017

As every year ends, I look forward to some of the major offseason events. This link details specifics of what is happening in the league, right from January 1. For sake of time and space, if I had to choose 4 key dates, ones that will be significant to our Broncos and the rest of the league, they would be:

[B]Feb. 15 - Begin Designation of Franchise Players (not as big as the following dates, but initially sets the table for one key aspect of the roster)

Feb. 28 to March 6 - Scouting Combine

March 9 - Free Agency Begins

April 27 to 29 - The Draft

Plenty more of course!

This is a 12 month a year league, and just like money, the NFL never sleeps. And I really get pumped each year, once the Lombardi is rewarded to The Champs, knowing that significant activity will soon follow, and in this case, hopefully find us the right combination of players to get back to our championship ways!!:lombardi:
    Some big offseason dates coming fast folks!

Leave a comment:

• champ&dreallday
    replied
    I'm very curious to see the defensive philosophy of the new coaches. The offense is such a mystery. Will the O line improve, will either of the young QBs develop quickly, can CJ return to being a great RB? Those are all up in the air.

I'm curious about the defense. Will they remain aggressive, will they use Talib as a shut down CB (even though Harris is great as well). Just looking at the KC game in week 16, I loved Wade, but he didn't make an impact on that game. For one their main receiving threat was Kelce. I have no clue why Talib didn't shadow him all game. Instead he guarded sub par WRs and Kelce had a field day. Secondly, Alex Smith is typically a dink and dunk QB, but can be surgical if you give him space. We should've been crowding the LOS and bringing safties up to stop the underneath stuff. We gave them space and got killed. The Steelers used that very same strategy of daring Smith to go deep and KC didn't score a TD (I believe).

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    The Season Is Over....Lets Begin The 2018 SB Journey

OK.....The Pats won (though I think Atlanta should get more credit for losing), Billy B knows how to coach, and Tommy sure can play QB. No matter the argument, no matter how I feel about them, I get that. They are a dynamic duo. Folks can get all "est" crazy, that's cool. The great-est, the smart-est, the classi-est (or other way around). Folks like to obsess about the old "est" labels. And when I get into dialogue with someone and they pretty much force my back to a wall and state: "but you have to admit he is the best (or the greatest)!!!" I soon learn to take a side route when they are walking towards me. But for the sake of honesty, the B & B tandem is probably the best ever. < hard for me to say it.

I DIGRESS!

So guess what.....it's time to talk about the new season, not that others haven't already. It's time to wipe off our shoulders, and get ready to battle for another championship. Maybe it is a leap for some, but not for me. Hey, we ended with a 9 and 7 record, and I AM CONVINCED we can beat The Pats this coming season.....and anyone else in our way. 9 and 7 with inexperienced QBs, and you know it, not a great Oline.

But lets start with the cornerstones....

1) Still a great D, and one that can be the best in the league with some tweaking. I still hope for a FA signing for the Dline, because Dliners, especially DTs, do not usually perform at a high level as rookies. But we can also draft, because conversely to what I just said, a quality LB or DB can perform effectively in year one.
    2) An O that needs a few parts.....but pending some time to bond, can easily upgrade their performance. No doubt, if one of our young QBs steps it up, as they might, that will accelerate the delivery of goods. And yes, maybe we bring in a vet, to give our camp more stability.
    3) Although I can not speak to what our new coaching group will do, I have a good feeling that we will benefit in the end. This may not be a cornerstone as we speak, but there are some coaching staffs I am glad we do not have! I can think of a certain team that just played the worst 4th Q possibly in history!! (oops....got off track again)
    4) John Elway

I repeat......9 and 7. With some smarts, a few new faces, and good execution, that is easily 12 and 4.

Now, given The Pats are in our way, I honestly believe we will stop them this season. I am rushing my life away, but I can not wait for that home game when they visit. I strongly believe our D, with a revved up pass rush, and likely a better group against the run, can stop Brady better than anyone.......and definitely in mile high country!

So lets begin that journey. The past is gone, other than memories and lessons learned. We start over.....every team. And in my books, a 9 and 7 team with some new folks, and more experience, and creativity, and heart.....can get the job done!

:lombardi:

Leave a comment:

• MHOC
    replied
    Guess the earliest would be 3/9/17 but it would be after that

I could see Ware getting. Overpaid by LA
    MYbe Dal if they get rid of Romo

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Whens the soonest Romo can become a bronco?

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    While I see no one on that list deserving a TAG there are a couple players we should try and keep. For instance; Ware for his leadership, Paradis, Taylor, Barrett, McMannus, Walker, etc. I think the others are fringe players and depending on how we draft this could all change.

Leave a comment:

• MHOC
    replied
    So ready for March 9th!!

Leave a comment:

• Dean
    replied
    Yes, Elway knows where the gaps are. However, the biggest gap is our OL and we have not been overly successful in drafting or signing talented O-linemen.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Unrestricted FAs

15 Marlon Brown WR
    20 Justin Forsett RB
    45 Thomas Gafford LS
    11 Jordan Norwood WR
    96 Vance Walker DE
    94 DeMarcus Ware OLB
    57 Dekoda Watson OLB
    36 Kayvon Webster CB
    92 Sylvester Williams NT
    97 Billy Winn DE

Restricted FAs

67 Sam Brenner C
    51 Todd Davis ILB
    8 Brandon McManus K

Exclusive-Rights FAs

50 Zaire Anderson ILB
    48 Shaquil Barrett OLB
    35 Kapri Bibbs RB
    53 James Ferentz C
    16 Bennie Fowler WR
    49 Quentin Gause ILB
    42 Casey Kreiter LS
    84 Henry Krieger-Coble TE
    39 Taurean Nixon CB
    61 Matt Paradis C
    90 Kyle Peko NT
    87 Jordan Taylor WR

there you go a free agent list no one seems worth tagging. next year i expect mcmanus to get a high tender and then if he doesn't sign long term good chance he could be franchised
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Good list. I love lists.

Denver may try to re-sign four or five of their UFAs which may leave them with the cap space to sign other UFAs. They will tender Davis and McManus, but maybe not Brenner. They will probably keep most or all of their ERFAs.

I agree with you that the franchise tag will most likely not be exercised.

The whole situation seems manageable and between free agency, the draft and maybe a trade, Elway should be able to assemble an upgraded roster.
    Yes I second that....good list and thanks for providing!

And yes, I believe Elway will do a nice upgrade. He knows where the gaps are. He must be losing sleep watching The Pats run over everyone in The AFC. When our D is on, Brady has major issues. Couple of maneuvers on D should suffice, but clearly we know that our O needs a little more work. Sometimes it is surprising how a few good roster changes can make a huge difference in the results. That and good coaching.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Unrestricted FAs

15 Marlon Brown WR
    20 Justin Forsett RB
    45 Thomas Gafford LS
    11 Jordan Norwood WR
    96 Vance Walker DE
    94 DeMarcus Ware OLB
    57 Dekoda Watson OLB
    36 Kayvon Webster CB
    92 Sylvester Williams NT
    97 Billy Winn DE

Restricted FAs

67 Sam Brenner C
    51 Todd Davis ILB
    8 Brandon McManus K

Exclusive-Rights FAs

50 Zaire Anderson ILB
    48 Shaquil Barrett OLB
    35 Kapri Bibbs RB
    53 James Ferentz C
    16 Bennie Fowler WR
    49 Quentin Gause ILB
    42 Casey Kreiter LS
    39 Taurean Nixon CB
    61 Matt Paradis C
    90 Kyle Peko NT
    87 Jordan Taylor WR

there you go a free agent list no one seems worth tagging. next year i expect mcmanus to get a high tender and then if he doesn't sign long term good chance he could be franchised
    Good list. I love lists.

Denver may try to re-sign four or five of their UFAs which may leave them with the cap space to sign other UFAs. They will tender Davis and McManus, but maybe not Brenner. They will probably keep most or all of their ERFAs.

I agree with you that the franchise tag will most likely not be exercised.

The whole situation seems manageable and between free agency, the draft and maybe a trade, Elway should be able to assemble an upgraded roster.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Unrestricted FAs

15 Marlon Brown WR
    20 Justin Forsett RB
    45 Thomas Gafford LS
    11 Jordan Norwood WR
    96 Vance Walker DE
    94 DeMarcus Ware OLB
    57 Dekoda Watson OLB
    36 Kayvon Webster CB
    92 Sylvester Williams NT
    97 Billy Winn DE

Restricted FAs

67 Sam Brenner C
    51 Todd Davis ILB
    8 Brandon McManus K

Exclusive-Rights FAs

50 Zaire Anderson ILB
    48 Shaquil Barrett OLB
    35 Kapri Bibbs RB
    53 James Ferentz C
    16 Bennie Fowler WR
    49 Quentin Gause ILB
    42 Casey Kreiter LS
    39 Taurean Nixon CB
    61 Matt Paradis C
    90 Kyle Peko NT
    87 Jordan Taylor WR

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
    The tag next year goes on Roby. But Talib may be gone after 1 more year to lock in Roby. We shall see.
    Roby won't get it next year, Denver can choose to exercise the 5th year option on him (which needs to be done by this summer but isn't guaranteed until the league year in 2018) which will lock him in for much cheaper than the franchise tag.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X