Trevor invited to Pro Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor invited to Pro Bowl

But he has to pass it up because of surgery. I guess the Broncos already have a pro bowl QB.

http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denv...vite/391652290

A few weeks ago someone said that Siemian would never be a Pro Bowler, and I told him to wait until the "injuries" pile up and the SB QB was removed and he'd probably get an invitation, that was before his surgery, I was saying it half in jest, but also because of how many players hate the Pro Bowl.

I'd also like to point out that they asked Siemian before Rivers.

Comment

Is this the only sport where players avoid the all star game?

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
        Is this the only sport where players avoid the all star game?
        Pretty much, but it's the only sport that has the all star game at the end of the season, and I can't blame players who have been off for 3 weeks not wanting to go take part in a half speed scrimmage.

In the NHL if you don't have a legitimate injury, and you skip the all star game the league will suspend the player for the first game back after the ASG. They did that to Crosby either last year or the year before, and for some reason I think it happened to Ovechkin as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          Pretty much, but it's the only sport that has the all star game at the end of the season, and I can't blame players who have been off for 3 weeks not wanting to go take part in a half speed scrimmage.

In the NHL if you don't have a legitimate injury, and you skip the all star game the league will suspend the player for the first game back after the ASG. They did that to Crosby either last year or the year before, and for some reason I think it happened to Ovechkin as well.
          Yeah football is odd in that they wait until the end of the year to vote for all stars and play the all star game after the season. I think they should make the pro bowl the first game of the preseason, like preseason week 0. Everyone shows up, goes half speed for a scrimmage, you get a look at what last years probowlers looked like, etc. everyone gets to play no one gets hurt and you can use it to kick off the season.

I don't think you could ever convince the owners or the players union to play the game in the middle of the season.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

And this is why I don't take the Pro Bowl seriously anymore. Siemian did fine for us in the regular season, but he is not currently among the best QB's in the NFL.
            sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

I think they need to just scrap the pro bowl. Just name an All-Pro team at seasons end and be done with it.

Comment

They need to scrap the Pro Bowl game and introduce a strict skills challenge that all of the players could take part in.

Comment

Just another example of how absurd the Pro Bowl game has become. Cancelling the game is long overdue.

Maybe if enough olineman decide to stay home the Broncos could have Okung or Schofield named too.

IMO just name the deserving players, give them a nice bonus check and maybe a free vacation and award ceremony. Then even the injured players can show up and receive their awards. This practice of having to scramble to field two teams is kind of silly. Just how much of an honor is it to be named when you are the fourth alternate that conveniently hadn't booked your vacation yet.

Comment

Maybe the first 100 KR/PR options will decline or pull out and then Norwood can finally go to the Pro Bowl
                    Denver Broncos
                    New York Yankees
                    New York Knicks
                    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

I like Trevor and all, but they must be desperate for a quarterback. I don't watch the Pro Bowl anymore. I just don't find it entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
                        I like Trevor and all, but they must be desperate for a quarterback. I don't watch the Pro Bowl anymore. I just don't find it entertaining.
                        I heard there were nine replacements sought out before him that read fused the invitation so if that's accurate the NFL is on quarterback number 12.

I guess they still make some pretty good money with the Pro bowl but it seems like none of the players want any part of it anymore.

Comment

The only reason he was invited was how many injuries to QBs in the AFC this season

From an article on PFT

The three quarterbacks selected for the Pro Bowl in the AFC were Tom Brady, Derek Carr and Ben Roethlisberger, but none of them are going to be in Orlando.

Brady’s going to the Super Bowl, Carr is recovering from a fractured fibula and Roethlisberger has opted out of the game. Andy Dalton and Alex Smith are in as replacements, but a third is getting hard to find. Marcus Mariota and Ryan Tannehill were injured to end the year and Colts quarterback Andrew Luck just had shoulder surgery.

Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor turned down an invite after groin surgery and Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian has done the same after a shoulder operation of his own.
                          There are certainly some names you'd expect to see before Seimian or Taylor, but with Dalton and Smith, who of the remaining "respectable" QBs wants to play third fiddle in a meaningless game?

If they called me I'd turn them down too.

Comment

I think less would decline the event if it was a skill challenge. For example, wouldn't it be interesting to see Aaron Rodgers against someone like Ben Roethlisberger in an accuracy or arm strength challenge?
                            sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                              I think less would decline the event if it was a skill challenge. For example, wouldn't it be interesting to see Aaron Rodgers against someone like Ben Roethlisberger in an accuracy or arm strength challenge?
                              The Pro Bowl Skills Challenge, now called Pro Bowl Skills Showdown, returns after a 10-year hiatus this week. The reimagined version, which will tape on Wednesday and air Thursday night on ESPN, features a dodge ball game, a "power relay challenge," a precision passing competition and a best hands showdown. But in its essence, the best part about the competition -- athletes on vacation, letting their hair down but still unable to shed the fear of athletic humiliation -- remains unchanged.
                              http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...te-competition

Skills challenge is finally back!

Comment

Working...
                              X