Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khalil Mack wins NFL Defensive Player of the Year-Von miller just got screwed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Mack is deserving. I'm sure Oakland making the playoffs had an impact.

    Comment


    • #17
      It's not like mack did not deserve it tho...

      But Von is snakebitten for that awards, he keeps losing to guys who have slightly better stats, except for the one season where Watt was a monster.
      sigpic

      Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by BroncoBrennan89 View Post
        Mack is deserving. I'm sure Oakland making the playoffs had an impact.
        The main reason they made it to the playoffs is because of Carr's progression because that defense was awful

        Comment


        • #19
          The upside to this is that when Denver adds an effective DE to compliment Wolfe next season along with somebody new manning the middle and actually applying pressure (Williams was never going to be THE guy), Miller won't be double and triple teamed like he was this year. Do you think for a second he won't take this personally and his offseason prep won't reflect it? It hurts the accolades now, but will boost the intensity next season.......

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
            It's not like mack did not deserve it tho...

            But Von is snakebitten for that awards, he keeps losing to guys who have slightly better stats, except for the one season where Watt was a monster.
            The crazy thing is when it comes to HOF consideration for him down the line, the DPLOY carries more weight that SBMVP for defenders.
            #swapping

            Comment


            • #21
              I'm ready to protest and riot whenever you guys are ready.
              /sarcasm

              Comment


              • #22
                I hope the DPOY award with Von doesn't turn into the MVP award with Derek Jeter.
                Denver Broncos
                New York Yankees
                New York Knicks
                Colorado Avalanche


                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by BigSkyBronco View Post
                  The upside to this is that when Denver adds an effective DE to compliment Wolfe next season along with somebody new manning the middle and actually applying pressure (Williams was never going to be THE guy), Miller won't be double and triple teamed like he was this year. Do you think for a second he won't take this personally and his offseason prep won't reflect it? It hurts the accolades now, but will boost the intensity next season.......
                  how often was he double and triple teamed?
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                    I hope the DPOY award with Von doesn't turn into the MVP award with Derek Jeter.
                    I was thinking same thing or Kobe Bryant hard to believe he only won one MVP reward when he should of had at least one or two more.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      The year Champ should have won. I remember Shaun Merriman got votes and he tested positive for PED's and I'm sure some of those votes would have pushed Champ over Jason Taylor that year.

                      Denver get's no respect, no respect at all!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        i don't see it miller had more sacks more tackles and played on a better defense. miller lifts every one around him with his play. mack i can't say the same
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          nfl.com posted their disruption stats on the season not long ago; Von was ranked 1st in the league with a 3.76. In comparison, Mack was ranked 13th:

                          http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...e-pass-rushers

                          Mack won by a single vote too, talk about the narrowest of margins.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Von is a more complete player than Mack and is more clutch when the game is on the line but for some reason the media wants to ride Mack's jock. I don't get it. Look at the HOF and count how many Broncos are in there. They can't even bring themselves to vote 2-time super bowl champion Atwater in and he was the best safety of his era, along with Lott. The bias is real.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              #NotMyDefensiveMVP

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I don't think Von Miller got screwed at all. He did not play like a DPOY. Khalil Mack also did not have an amazing season. It was a coin toss IMO, without a really strong candidate. Miller did not get a single sack in the final quarter of the season. He can't perform like that and expect to win DPOY. The media seems to pay too much attention to PFF and they had Mack as the highest graded edge rusher and also had him with 96 QB pressures, most in the NFL. There wasn't a clear DPOY favorite this season. That's why Mack won by only 1 vote.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X