Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    Bolles - Barbre - Paradis - Leary - Watson

This is the OL the team wants to put on the field in week 1. No matter if Leary moves back to LG or stays at RG, rookie Bolles will have a veteran presence next to him. This trade likely sends Garcia back to the bench, which is a good thing for the offense.
    A massive improvement to last season's line, at least on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
      I don't care how long it took him. He was easily better than anything we had at guard last year. All that matters is where he is now. Not where he was 8 years ago.
      Maybe, but my point mostly is that the young guys we have could be there/better maybe even this season, maybe it will take a little longer maybe they won't work out. Barbre started just 12 games last season; do you know why? and they were ready to cut him at 33 years old. We will see if he beats out who we already have, there is no conclusion that he easily is better than what we had last year ... and its not last year either.
      There are a lot of OL that take a few/many years before they come along - Mathis? - patience is sometimes a good strategy.
      I am rooting for the guys we already have but the competition can't hurt - I don't think.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
        Maybe, but my point mostly is that the young guys we have could be there/better maybe even this season, maybe it will take a little longer maybe they won't work out. Barbre started just 12 games last season; do you know why? and they were ready to cut him at 33 years old. We will see if he beats out who we already have, there is no conclusion that he easily is better than what we had last year ... and its not last year either.
        There are a lot of OL that take a few/many years before they come along - Mathis? - patience is sometimes a good strategy.
        I am rooting for the guys we already have but the competition can't hurt - I don't think.
        I think another big reason they let Barbre go is because he is on his last year of his contract. So with the expectation he plays well for us, it shouldn't be a surprise that he becomes an expensive vet at 34 years old. But that's a better problem to have than another poor season from subpar guard play. I'm hopeful though that Garcia plays better in a power scheme, but time is ticking for him and I believe Schofield is already himself a camp body with all the additions that have been made.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Some may remember Barbre for this play in the 2016 season:

Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

He's had one of the best LTs in the game around him the last two seasons in Jason Peters. That can be an immense help to Bolles or whoever starts at LT.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
              Some may remember Barbre for this play in the 2016 season:

Nice hit. I like how he got his head and arm in front.

Was he lined up at RT on that play?
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                Nice hit. I like how he got his head and arm in front.

Was he lined up at RT on that play?
                yep! He's played RT for the Eagles a few times after their RT starter went down
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                  yep! He's played RT for the Eagles a few times after their RT starter went down
                  He came out of Missouri Southern as a Tackle, I believe.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    He came out of Missouri Southern as a Tackle, I believe.
                    yep, he was labeled as an 'explosive tackle' coming out of M Southern. A lot of Eagles fans are really disappointed to see him go, based on the fact that he was so versatile and solid for the team last season, which tells me he was a great pick up for us, at a 7th rounder no less.
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                    X