Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The few small adjustments that can take the Broncos from competitor to contender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The few small adjustments that can take the Broncos from competitor to contender

Came across a great read that summarizes why the Bronco's offense is struggling: http://bsndenver.com/the-few-small-a...-to-contender/

It all comes down to one stat. Broncos have gone 1 for 7 in the red zone (Bills and Raiders game combined). The offense is moving just fine down the field, but they have to figure out how to punch it in over this bye. They showed they have the potential going 7 for 9 in the red zone our first two games. If they can make any marginal improvement here, which I believe they can, watch out!

What do you guys think the Broncos can do to finish off drives? What plays/players would give us a better chance?

What do we have for red zone threats? DT has been beyond pedestrian this year. He had a TD in his hands yesterday, but he gator armed it... The biggest issue I have seen is we get in the redzone and we take a big sack, or a big penalty and suddenly it's 2nd and 20. We suck at making up that lost yardage and the drive stalls every time....

We shoot ourselves in the foot a lot on offense. There is a lot of blame to go around from QB running backwards, to WR's dropping passes, to o-line getting stupid penalties or blocking poorly.

The bottom line is that we really aren't a consistent offense. We have flashes of awesome followed by a lot of poor play.
    sigpic

Comment

New offense, new line, new things take work. No need to panic.

I believe.

Comment

I'm very supprised they arnt getting Charles involved in the short passing game in the red zone more.

Still wonder what threat Decker could have brought to the table in the red zone creating mismatches because of his height.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
          I'm very supprised they arnt getting Charles involved in the short passing game in the red zone more.

Still wonder what threat Decker could have brought to the table in the red zone creating mismatches because of his height.
          Speaking of height.. where the hell is Sunshine? He would be great in the red zone

Comment

I agree that it seems like there are lapses in the RZ; a dumb penalty, a dropped pass, a bad throw, etc. I personally still place the lion's share of blame on the o-line, there just seems to be bad o-line play across the board, but it sure seems to get worse in the RZ; hold, false starts, poor pass-pro.

Good news is this o-line is still improved from last year - especially running the ball. It is also encouraging to me that the offense is moving the ball better in general.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dotst View Post
              Speaking of height.. where the hell is Sunshine? He would be great in the red zone
              we cant question the coaches, they're football gods and know everything lolz.

Comment

Originally posted by Dotst View Post
                Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
                we cant question the coaches, they're football gods and know everything lolz.
                You can question the coaches decision all you want around here. This has never been prohibited.

Comment

Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
                  New offense, new line, new things take work. No need to panic.

The greatest QB in the game said "relax." Green Bay knew that the brief period of offensive frustration was a blip on the radar. The Broncos on the other hand have not had sustained offensive performance since early 2014 (pre-St. Louis). So what would give anyone a reason to believe we will turn it around?

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                    You can question the coaches decision all you want around here. This has never been prohibited.
                    I believe Salty was sarcastically inferring to many on the forum who seemingly have blinders on for the new coaching staff and are not willing or capable of offering objective criticism or approaching the discussion objectively period. While there is a lot of knee-jerk reactions there are also a lot of well supported critiques which are very valid.

1. Why aren't we seeing more variety in the RZ?
                    2. Where is the 6ft5 JT when we are getting closer to the RZ?
                    3. Why are we not seeing quick passes with well executed blocks?
                    4. Where are the sweeps or laterals to mix the plays up?
                    5. Why do we seem to be calling the same run plays when we have a lead?

The list goes on. Each point above has specific examples in multiple games which we can point to.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Would like to see what a screen game with Charles in the red zone would look like. I too have wondered why that hasn't been sprinkled in.

Comment

I would like to see a few back corner "drop it in a bucket" type attempts.

Simple, out of the QBs hand quickly and gives a WR a chance to make a play. When was the last time they threw one?

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                          I would like to see a few back corner "drop it in a bucket" type attempts.

Simple, out of the QBs hand quickly and gives a WR a chance to make a play. When was the last time they threw one?
                          I agree, they need to force feed DT when we get in the redzone. Not sure why they don't use him more. he may drop one or two but keep feeding him!!
                          https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FN_zd9ZXMAUYam4?format=jpg&name=large
                          BCMB Div I | BCMB FF Smackdown

Comment

We run the ball on goal to go downs too much

Rarely will a running play score on a goal to go play from the 6 or 8

We need to run more rub routes, fades, and roll outs.

Our only red zone passes have been slants, posts, and seams all year

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                              The greatest QB in the game said "relax." Green Bay knew that the brief period of offensive frustration was a blip on the radar. The Broncos on the other hand have not had sustained offensive performance since early 2014 (pre-St. Louis). So what would give anyone a reason to believe we will turn it around?
                              Lower your expectations back down to reality. Look at most of the league and tell me if you are seeing stellar offensive performances every Sunday from a single team. You're not going to find a lot of consistency.
                              I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X