Shane Ray, Jake Butt to resume practicing next Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane Ray, Jake Butt to resume practicing next Monday

Reinforcements are on the way for the Denver Broncos.

Coach Vance Joseph announced Monday that outside linebacker Shane Ray and rookie tight end Jake Butt will practice for the first time next Monday, ahead of the Week 7 game against the Los Angeles Chargers.

Out of commission since the summer, Ray and Butt landed on injured reserve and the Non-Football Injury list, respectively, to start the regular season.

Ray recently had the screws removed from his surgically-repaired wrist and is fully expected to play in the team's Monday Night Football showdown in Kansas City on Oct. 30.

"I can't wait," he said.

A fifth-round draft pick, Butt is on the mend after undergoing January knee surgery to repair a torn ACL, suffered in last season's bowl game with Michigan. There's no timetable for his debut, though he's progressing well and has avoided setbacks.

"I want to make this team," said Butt.

The Broncos would need to clear spots on the 53-man roster, which is at capacity, in order to get both players on the field. In Butt's case, they'll have 21 days to activate him from the day he resumes practicing, per NFL rules.
    https://den.247sports.com/Article/Fi...Top--108681109

Sweet. I wanna see both on the field..

See that sweet but catching .... passes ..... from TS
    sigpic

Comment

Greeeeaaaaat news!!!

Very interested in seeing both. Hopefully Sean will come back to form and give Von a little more help and I am very interested to see Butt at TE.
      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Who gets cut?

Lorenzo Doss? Paxton Lynch? Kasim Edebali?

There is no easy move here. None

I guess if Siemian goes down and the team is in the playoffs who is the most expendable? Lynch?
        Last edited by Rancid; 10-09-2017, 07:51 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
          Who gets cut?

Lorenzo Doss? Paxton Lynch? Kasim Edebali?

There is no easy move here. None

I guess if Siemian goes down and the team is in the playoffs who is the most expendable? Lynch?
          Not Lynch for certain. Peko, Doss, Turner, Edebali, Heuerman. I’ll go with Edebali for Ray and if Butt isn’t placed on IR I’d go with Turner or Heuerman

Comment

I can't see Edebali being cut, he played too well in preseason. I think it'll be someone like Kyle Peko, Ahtyba Rubin or Billy Turner.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
              I can't see Edebali being cut, he played too well in preseason. I think it'll be someone like Kyle Peko, Ahtyba Rubin or Billy Turner.
              Turner is hard to evaluate since he hasn't been active. Based on what I've seen, I'm more inclined to think that if an O-Lineman is released, it will be Donald Stephenson, but that's just me.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I could not be more excited about both these players coming back. Shane Ray seems so motivated it makes me motivated hahah. Plus we have been lacking a true second pass rusher badly. No disrespect to Shaq because he has played very well especially in the run which was Ray weakness last year to me.

Jake Butt could bring our offense to the next level. Usually TE don’t make huge impacts their first year but I am still intrigued to see what he can bring to the table. I was listening to DMac last night talk about about how good he looks in his drills. This guys tape in college reminds me of Witten/ Olsen so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                  I could not be more excited about both these players coming back. Shane Ray seems so motivated it makes me motivated hahah. Plus we have been lacking a true second pass rusher badly. No disrespect to Shaq because he has played very well especially in the run which was Ray weakness last year to me.

Jake Butt could bring our offense to the next level. Usually TE don’t make huge impacts their first year but I am still intrigued to see what he can bring to the table. I was listening to DMac last night talk about about how good he looks in his drills. This guys tape in college reminds me of Witten/ Olsen so much.
                  The problem we face is there isn't a lot of room in our offense right now for a TE to be productive. We had some productivity early this week, but that went away once we had to start using the TE to help Watson's pathetic butt... Our TE's are being mostly to help in blocking support which is why I don't see Butt having an impact this season.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    Turner is hard to evaluate since he hasn't been active. Based on what I've seen, I'm more inclined to think that if an O-Lineman is released, it will be Donald Stephenson, but that's just me.
                    I mean, I think all of us would like to see him gone. He's the focus of a lot of ire right now.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      The problem we face is there isn't a lot of room in our offense right now for a TE to be productive. We had some productivity early this week, but that went away once we had to start using the TE to help Watson's pathetic butt... Our TE's are being mostly to help in blocking support which is why I don't see Butt having an impact this season.
                      This is why I said “could” and also mentioned that rookie TE’s usually don’t do well their rookie year. Just because Waston isn’t performing well doesn’t mean the TE spot can’t show up in the passing game. You can always use a RB instead of the TE spot. McCoy system helps TEs out and we need to start getting them involved imo. DT and Sanders can’t be the only receiving threat and Fowler’s has shown promise but has also shown inconsistency to get open.

Comment

I'm very excited about Jake Butt

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                          I'm just ready to begin the butt puns many of us have been holding onto this whole time. It's like constipation, the puns are there, they want to come out, but Butt just isn't ready yet.
                          sigpic

Comment

Butt won't be back for a few weeks, so I think I'd wait to see who goes on IR before any discussion about who gets released to make room.
                            2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                              Stay away from my... Jake Butt.
                              sigpic
                              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Working...
                              X