The NFL Has Figured Out Trevor Siemian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NFL Has Figured Out Trevor Siemian

I've been a Siemian supporter but I am now just waiting out this season. This article outlines many truths and what the Giant's players were noticing about our game plan and Siemian, so here is the blueprint for all our foes. I think our next opponents will be licking at the chops to test this blueprint out.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...revor-siemian/

It is going to be a rough season!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
    I've been a Siemian supporter but I am now just waiting out this season. This article outlines many truths and what the Giant's players were noticing about our game plan and Siemian, so here is the blueprint for all our foes. I think our next opponents will be licking at the chops to test this blueprint out.

I was thinking about this the other day. Its quite easy, stack the box to take away the running game and make TS try to beat you with his arm. Brady\Rodgers\Brees\Ryan would destroy the defense if they did that to them

Comment

We have a decent chance of losing the next four in a row, which would pretty much end any playoff hopes. At that point if Siemian is still struggling it would be wise to put in either Lynch or Kelly.

Comment

I think the next game is 50/50. After that the next 3 are all likely losses. Some will say after that stretch (assuming they go as we think) that Siemian needs to be replaced. Other will say they were good opponents so he should get a pass.

I honestly don't see the coaches making a change unless Paxton is back and looking good in practice.

Comment

Unfortunately this is nothing new. We've been saying the same thing on these boards. Doesn't take a genius to get the skinny on what ails us and Trevor offensively. I could have written that article. Hell, anyone of us could have written it.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

So, NFL defenses are loading the box against a strong run-blocking offensive line and daring a young QB to throw behind a porous pass-blocking offensive line? Is there anything new or surprising about it?

I am sure Mike McCoy can do something about it. "Run blitz after run blitz"? Where are the screen passes? Where are the screen passes to DT? Why so many tight formations inviting LBs and safeties to load the box? Why won't McCoy use more spread formations to force the defense to put more DBs on the field instead of LBs?

Using bunch formations and running up the middle against a loaded box certainly does not sound like a recipe for success. Also, the run-pass ratio needs to stay balanced no matter how defenses are playing. Keep pounding the rock. McCoy needs to find ways to run the ball more effectively from the shotgun, spreading defenses and forcing them to use more nickel and dime personnel.

It makes no sense to leave the first half calling only 10 runs and 28 passes in a close game like that. The Broncos built a run-blocking offensive line this offseason. They can't pass block very well. Use it properly.
            sigpic

Comment

Cecil Lammy has putting it out there all season. All teams will have to donis sit on the sticks and because they know they can do so and force Trevor into a one dimensional role.

Comment

Wow CBS, where'd you pull this article? From this book:

Of course a defense is going to stack the box against a team that wants to run it and has a struggling QB. Why do they have to continue to dumb everything down like nobody knows anything about football?

Anyway, it wasn't the stacked box that was the problem against the Giants, the offense still had over 400 yards. It was the turnovers, missed kicks, and inability to score TDs. Our QB needs to stop trowing boneheaded picks, we need to run the ball more in the redzone, and our kicker needs to figure out how to make kicks again. We do those 3 and we'll be rolling again.

Comment

some of us on these boards have been pointing that exact same issues since last season...he hasn't improved
                  sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                    Wow CBS, where'd you pull this article? From this book:

Of course a defense is going to stack the box against a team that wants to run it and has a struggling QB. Why do they have to continue to dumb everything down like nobody knows anything about football?

Anyway, it wasn't the stacked box that was the problem against the Giants, the offense still had over 400 yards. It was the turnovers, missed kicks, and inability to score TDs. Our QB needs to stop trowing boneheaded picks, we need to run the ball more in the redzone, and our kicker needs to figure out how to make kicks again. We do those 3 and we'll be rolling again.
                    Wow, I didn't realize that. That kinda give me hope, hope in McCoy at least. I just don't want to see a fade route to the corner of the endzone to Booker again!
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Wow, I didn't realize that. That kinda give me hope, hope in McCoy at least. I just don't want to see a fade route to the corner of the endzone to Booker again!
                      Yeah, here's a crazy idea, instead of a fade route to Booker, why don't we just try handing it off to him? I think McCoy still thinks he has Manning as his QB calling 50+ throws

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                        Unfortunately this is nothing new. We've been saying the same thing on these boards. Doesn't take a genius to get the skinny on what ails us and Trevor offensively. I could have written that article. Hell, anyone of us could have written it.
                        I wrote that article. Well, my wife wrote it, but I helped. :thumb:

Her pen name is Chad.
                        sigpic

Comment

They've figured out Mike McCoy
                          Last edited by SoundsOfSuccess; 10-19-2017, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                            They've figured out Mike McCoy
                            Sure they have. MCCoy has not delivered on his promise to mix up the offensive strategy game to game. I have seen very little to no variation in play calling and I have seen no new plays or variations on plays being added.

Comment

We have reached the point where it is fair to ask if it is the McCoy's play calling or Siemian's ability to make the play.

How many counters to the way defenses are playing the Broncos have actually worked? On too many plays where McCoy wins the chess match in play calling Siemian fails to deliver with a bad throw or choosing the wrong receiver. No arguing that the oline has struggled but when there are still plays to be made and Siemian is not making them. Unfortunately with the inconsistency they have been playing with those missed opportunities are under the spotlight even more. Simply can't keep missing them.

Comment

Working...
                              X