104.3 Right Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 104.3 Right Now

Sandy Clough is ripping into the Broncos coaching right now and he is 100% right. Not using charles enough and not using Deangelo Henderson.

http://player.listenlive.co/28371

You can blame the coaches all you want but the coaches aren’t the ones that started down the WR that lead to a pick 6. The coaches weren’t the ones that couldn’t block on the RT and allow 3 sacks.

Yea the game planning is solely on the coaches and deserve some of the blame but the players need to go out there and perform.

We do need to use Charles more and stop using Booker. I have a gut feeling we are only showing him so we could use him as trade bait.

Comment

Broncos are 9-1 when TS throws less than 35 times

Broncos are 2-7 when TS throws more than 35 times

The formula seems pretty darn obvious to me. RUN, RUN, RUN

Comment

What this coaching staff has done with the pass/run ratio and the defense in zone coverage is worthy of a nice rant.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post

Well, the formula is more toward balance, balance, balance.

vs. Giants: 54 pass plays, 17 rushing plays (L)
          vs. Raiders: 26 pass plays, 32 rushing plays
          vs. Bills: 40 pass plays, 23 rushing plays (L)
          vs. Cowboys: 32 pass plays, 39 rushing plays
          vs. Chargers: 28 pass plays, 36, rushing plays

What's evident is our last two losses we couldn't establish a running game. Both the Bills and the Giants forced the offense to run by having their defense sell out for the run.

Even in the Raider's game, though a win, though TS' stats weren't horrible, neither were they good 16/26 (61%) ,179 yards, 1 TD, really highlighting that without a run game, it's going to be a uphill battle for him to win with his arm.

But the two losses also showed that if we go RUN, RUN, RUN, or lean heavy on the run (Tebow anybody?) teams will just play us accordingly knowing Siemian is not likely to torch them for it.

Our RBs have shown they can be effective. We need a QB to do that as well for there to be any success in either the rush or the passing game.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
            What this coaching staff has done with the pass/run ratio and the defense in zone coverage is worthy of a nice rant.
            Pass/run ratio: Yes
            Zone coverage on defense: No

Comment

I think we'd be undefeated with our old coaching staff

Siemian is so much better out of the bootleg.

We ought to pound the rock on zone stretches out of the I-Formation. We ought to blitz the hell out of the QB, stack the box, and put our phenomenal CBs on islands with Simmons up top.

Our schemes last year fit our team really well. With the given player upgrades, I think it's pathetic that we are struggling so badly. I guess it's just part of change...

Comment

Well said

Defense first teams POUND THE ROCK!!

The best CBs in the league should be MANNED UP!

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post

I agree

Don't forget the BOOTLEG!!

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                    You can blame the coaches all you want but the coaches aren’t the ones that started down the WR that lead to a pick 6. The coaches weren’t the ones that couldn’t block on the RT and allow 3 sacks.

Yea the game planning is solely on the coaches and deserve some of the blame but the players need to go out there and perform.

We do need to use Charles more and stop using Booker. I have a gut feeling we are only showing him so we could use him as trade bait.
                    All players make mistakes!!

Coaches job is putting them in positions to succeed and limit mistakes

Siemian is getting hung out to dry every time he takes a 5 step drop.... pass defense is getting hung out to dry when we sit back and let QBs pick apart zones...

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                      Pass/run ratio: Yes
                      Zone coverage on defense: No
                      Per PFF, the Broncos are not in the top 5 of man coverage %. I think we should be, considering the quality of our secondary and the skills of our CBs. The Broncos should probably be 1st in man coverage snaps.

Then there is the lack of pass rush. We are 18th in sacks. Where is DeMarcus Walker who was supposed to be an inside rusher on passing downs? The guy has been playing out of position at OLB and has 1 tackle so far. That's how you waste a 2nd-round pick. He should be rotating with Shelby Harris as an inside pass rusher.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, the zone coverage has led to them giving up 0.9 yards more per game than last year....

Almost 12 less yards per game than 2015. What a shameful display...

Comment

Problem is they try and run and have been unsuccessful as of late. Too many 3rd and longs

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                            Oh yeah, the zone coverage has led to them giving up 0.9 yards more per game than last year....

Almost 12 less yards per game than 2015. What a shameful display...
                            I did not know games were won by scoring yards per game. Thanks.

I thought creating turnovers and preventing points were the things that mattered most.

Very few turnovers, 1 interception and no fumble recoveries in the last 4 games, ranked 21st with only 4 interceptions, points per game are up from 2016 and 2015.

The defense is forcing less turnovers, 21st in interceptions (2016: 12th; 2015: 13th), getting less pressure, 13th in sacks (2016: 3rd; 2015: 1st) with the QBs finding open spots in the zone defense.

Ray Crockett said the other day on the radio he's never seen so many receivers wide open against the No Fly Zone. Travis Benjamin scored touchdown passes of 38 and 42 yards against this defense. Jordan Matthews averaged 20.3 yards per catch in week 3. The Raiders scored a 64-yard touchdown with Johnny Holton with the defense playing zone.

Let's play more zone when we have CBs that excel in man coverage. Oh yeah.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well then! What is Elway waiting for?

He should fire Vance Joseph and hire Sandy Clough!

Playoffs here we come!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X