Todd Davis in walking boot after sustaining right ankle sprain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd Davis in walking boot after sustaining right ankle sprain

Adding injury to insult, the Denver Broncos lost another starter during their inexplicable shutout in Week 7.

Inside linebacker Todd Davis, hobbled in the second half Sunday against the Chargers, was spotted in a walking boot after the game. Coach Vance Joseph announced Davis sprained his right ankle and will undergo further testing Monday.

Davis, who was in obvious discomfort on the Broncos' sideline, finished as the team's leading tackler with 10 total stops in the 21-0 defeat.

Denver can ill afford to lose another inside 'backer after placing Corey Nelson on injured reserve, and with Brandon Marshall (shoulder) playing at less than full health. Jerrol Garcia-Williams was promoted from the practice squad for the game to provide depth.

Zaire Anderson would be next in line to start at ILB.

Joseph will update Davis' status no later than Wednesday.
    https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...t-an-109328243

You can peg that injury to the play where he shot between the C n RG on a play action that he had to hit the brakes on. 5 yard dump over his head that went for 30 yards. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope now we can try anybody else.
    2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

In hindsight, maybe they should have shown some interest in Bowman.

I know it says the update will be Wednesday but has anyone heard anything about the severity?

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
        In hindsight, maybe they should have shown some interest in Bowman.

I know it says the update will be Wednesday but has anyone heard anything about the severity?
        Anyone in a boot is likely out a minimum of 2 weeks. Then there is the debate about being 100% vs not....

Comment

Hate to see him get hurt but he's the biggest weak spot on the defense. Unfortunately Elway doesn't value the position so we don't really have a capable replacement.

ILBs are way too undervalued across the league. Pittsburghs defense is a great example, that secondary isn't anything special but Shazier can do so much that they can get real creative with their play calls to get pressure and hide their problems in the secondary.

I know it was rumored that Elway wanted to trade back up for CJ Mosely when he came out, I really hope he goes after him this offseason. Him and Marshall would be a very good combo IMO.

Comment

Working...
          X