Deion Sanders implores Broncos to trade for Eli Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deion Sanders implores Broncos to trade for Eli Manning

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...ncosNewsletter Don't know if this has been discussed, yet. Neon Deion may be onto something here. Couln't be any WORSE than what we have here, right? He still has another season or two left, and after we revamp this worthless line, AGAIN, maybe he could do something! Could it really be any worse you know then what we are seeing now??? If this crap continues, even the DEFENSE is going to start not giving a damn.
    sigpicoh YEAH?

Eli equals Trevor, imo. Not worth the massive dollar number that comes with him. Plus, the article states it clearly at the bottom too, the o-line is bad and it wouldn't matter if were Eli or Trevor. Neither would have the time to make a difference. Fix the right tackle spot 1st, than see if we need a QB change

Comment

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
      https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...ncosNewsletter Don't know if this has been discussed, yet. Neon Deion may be onto something here. Couln't be any WORSE than what we have here, right? He still has another season or two left, and after we revamp this worthless line, AGAIN, maybe he could do something! Could it really be any worse you know then what we are seeing now??? If this crap continues, even the DEFENSE is going to start not giving a damn.
      We could get 4-5 seasons out of Eli. I would make that blockbuster trade in a heartbeat! Denver would be the only team that a mid-season trade for a QB could work, if it were for Eli. McCoy knows the "Manning" terminology, you hire PM as an offensive assistant. You dump Lynch and Trev, and roll with Brock as the backup to Eli. The ship is once again righted and we're back in business as the "Best in the West"!
      #swapping

Comment

Third bullet point down: 'FULL NO TRADE CLAUSE'

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-...-manning-4348/

Next Please...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
          Third bullet point down: 'FULL NO TRADE CLAUSE'

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-...-manning-4348/

Next Please...
          I'm guessing if Eli consents he can be traded

From my understanding, a no trade clause just means a team can't trade a player without his consent

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
            I'm guessing if Eli consents he can be traded

From my understanding, a no trade clause just means a team can't trade a player without his consent
            My guess is you are probably right, but it is not as if Eli can be traded just because Deion Sanders thinks it is a good idea because there indeed is a no trade clause and at the surface what we do know about it is that it has the words 'no trade' in it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
              Eli equals Trevor, imo. Not worth the massive dollar number that comes with him. Plus, the article states it clearly at the bottom too, the o-line is bad and it wouldn't matter if were Eli or Trevor. Neither would have the time to make a difference. Fix the right tackle spot 1st, than see if we need a QB change
              If Trevor were Eli we would be in a much better mood with the division lead right now. I'm not sure why the myth still exist that he has no time to throw on any plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
                Doesnt make any sense to make that trade. High dollar value, for a qb that is struggling behind a bad OL. He wouldn't fare any better behind our line...and it would take most of the rest of the season to be able to run the full offense.

Now, if we're talking about a trade for a solid RT, then we might be on to something.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                  My guess is you are probably right, but it is not as if Eli can be traded just because Deion Sanders thinks it is a good idea because there indeed is a no trade clause and at the surface what we do know about it is that it has the words 'no trade' in it.
                  I thinking if big brother and daddy tell him it's a good idea to ask for a trade, he will likely agree

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                    If Trevor were Eli we would be in a much better mood with the division lead right now. I'm not sure why the myth still exist that he has no time to throw on any plays.
                    Who knows, this kind of reminds me of the Carson Palmer trade the Raiders made years ago that was supposed to save their season.

They traded a ton for Palmer but he did nothing to stop the downward spiral the team was on.

I would love for it to be different, but the reality is there probably isn't a magic quick fix for this offense.

Comment

Who knows, this kind of reminds me of the Carson Palmer trade the Raiders made years ago that was supposed to save their season.

They traded a ton for Palmer but he did nothing to stop the downward spiral the team was on.

I would love for it to be different, but the reality is there probably isn't a magic quick fix for this offense.
                      I'm actually not a fan of trading for a QB mid season I think you need all the off season time to get things right but I do think I veteran QB that has proven to play through adversity would instantly lift this offense.

also there would be the question of how much do you give up for a guy that may only be a 2 year rental? I think this defense's window is about 2 more years when you step back and look at everyone's age and contracts and I think with Eli we could make a solid run before blowing it all up in a complete rebuild.

But I doubt he ever leaves the giants.

Comment

Massive difference between Carson and Eli. You bring Eli here, we're destroying everyone.
                        #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                          Massive difference between Carson and Eli. You bring Eli here, we're destroying everyone.
                          Depends on which Eli we get. He's a bit bi-polar.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                            I'm actually not a fan of trading for a QB mid season I think you need all the off season time to get things right but I do think I veteran QB that has proven to play through adversity would instantly lift this offense.

also there would be the question of how much do you give up for a guy that may only be a 2 year rental? I think this defense's window is about 2 more years when you step back and look at everyone's age and contracts and I think with Eli we could make a solid run before blowing it all up in a complete rebuild.

But I doubt he ever leaves the giants.
                            A complete rebuild is coming with or without Eli really soon. So do you win a few superbowls before you rebuild, or do you just wallow in mediocrity before finally blowing it up anyway.

I wouldn't be against this happening.
                            sigpic

Comment

For me it would depend on what we have to give up for Eli. I don't think Eli has been the quarterback he once was for quite some time now, but that doesn't mean he's not just burned out w/NY. Can he at least still be the clutch quarterback he was? Probably. I've never seen a guy completely lose that ability to be better late in the 4th quarter.

As a bit of a side note though, it does look like Eli has regressed in part due to NY's lack of a running game and pass pro. That's an inherent issue here (though I will say that McCoy typically has a good running game, and a lot of that probably has to do with quarterback play). Is he a better option than what we have? Most likely, if not for anything but experience. What would you have to give up, and is it worth the money though?

I doubt this could even happen. 'Course I doubted Brock Osweiler would ever put on a Broncos uniform again, too. Just like I doubted that I would ever see a quarterback with more picks than TDs win the SB again. Crazy stuff has happened for the Broncos organization. This is a fun team to be a fan of. We've had more excitement in one offseason or .500 season than some teams produce in a decade.

Comment

Working...
                              X