Deion Sanders implores Broncos to trade for Eli Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Eli equals Trevor, imo. Not worth the massive dollar number that comes with him. Plus, the article states it clearly at the bottom too, the o-line is bad and it wouldn't matter if were Eli or Trevor. Neither would have the time to make a difference. Fix the right tackle spot 1st, than see if we need a QB change
    I disagree, there have been rare moments when Trevor has been given time to throw the ball yet he still holds onto the ball way too long. He doesn't throw with anticipation...

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
      We could get 4-5 seasons out of Eli. I would make that blockbuster trade in a heartbeat! Denver would be the only team that a mid-season trade for a QB could work, if it were for Eli. McCoy knows the "Manning" terminology, you hire PM as an offensive assistant. You dump Lynch and Trev, and roll with Brock as the backup to Eli. The ship is once again righted and we're back in business as the "Best in the West"!
      I'm with you on this. I'd go Manning at starter with Oz at backup again in a heartbeat. I dunno about us destroying anyone with that combo... but it would at least make me feel some hope (even if only a little). I have NO hope for this offense right now... NONE, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        I disagree, there have been rare moments when Trevor has been given time to throw the ball yet he still holds onto the ball way too long. He doesn't throw with anticipation...

Yup. Any glimmer of being a solid QB that Trevor showed in the first few games is LONG gone now. He's toast and has clearly lost his nerve to stand and deliver. Some guys can do that in the face of being trampled and hit, while other guys just can't. I don't see him regaining his nerve this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
          Yup. Any glimmer of being a solid QB that Trevor showed in the first few games is LONG gone now. He's toast and has clearly lost his nerve to stand and deliver. Some guys can do that in the face of being trampled and hit, while other guys just can't. I don't see him regaining his nerve this season.
          Eli has proven that he can stand in the pocket and deliver!

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
            Well see, that just adds more to his inability to be our QB. Although he's not on the same level as Eli, Brady and Rodgers but guys like Alex Smith, Philip Rivers and Joe Flacco have all been proven to do just that, get rid of the ball quickly in the face of danger, Siemian has open recievers down field very quickly to dump it off quick.

Von Miller gets to the QB in 0.9 seconds, Brady throws the ball in 0.7. It can be done. Mack, Bosa and Houston are not faster than Von Miller however Siemian makes those guys look faster. Just get rid of the damn ball, throw it with the anticipation that your WR will be there when the ball gets there. Don't wait until that WR is there draped with defenders for crying out loud. Then forcing the rest of us to listen to the asinine excuses of Big Al and Mark Stinkin Schlereth. Idk what QB they are watching but I completely disagree with their opinions.
            Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-26-2017, 12:28 PM.

Comment

I love Siemian as much as anybody but cmon.. who isn't game for Eli Manning

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                Third bullet point down: 'FULL NO TRADE CLAUSE'

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-...-manning-4348/

Next Please...
                Since when are contracts non negotiable?

Comment

Whats even worse, if this play by the Offense continues, there is about to be Mutiny by the DEFENSE and who can blame them? This is the 3rd season they have almost have had to carry this team, and it has to be getting old! Not to mention the fans, and the Honeymoon with this Coach is assuredly OVER now! Better get it figured out start doing their jobs and looking like a real NFL team and soon
                  sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                    Since when are contracts non negotiable?
                    Sure they are negotiable unless their terms prohibit it. But the words 'No Trade' are pretty clear.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                      I love Siemian as much as anybody but cmon.. who isn't game for Eli Manning
                      I’d be all over that trade! It works too well. He could come in mid-season with very little tweaking necessary. And as I said earlier, I’d hire PM as an offensive assistant.

Could u imagine having Elway and BOTH Manning’s on team pay roll! Get Eli one more to show off his 3 to Peyton’s 2 at their family dinners.
                      #swapping

Comment

I am cool with acquiring a proven vet at this point, but it would very likely not take place. But my view is as follows: many feel like Trevor is regressing to some degree, and we really do not have a solid backup plan other than throwing Brock back in, and we know how effective he has been since leaving us.

So, if we want to talk playoffs, this might be the only sustainable plan. But if we are ok to develop our players, hopefully for a big future return, than stay the course. The difficult part of this is wondering how long our D can keep us in games. Sooner or later our O has to become a regular contributor, and sooner or later our D may not be able to hold the fort, as often as it has.

Comment

I did not like this idea because of his contract but the Dareus deal made me think that if we were to trade for Eli....which I highly doubt it would happen....I think the Giants would be liable for the signing bonus part of the contract in terms of cap hit.

While that means we would have a 6 mil less cap hit each year I think that means NYG would take an immediate 19 mil cap hit. Which imo means this is essentially fake news.

edit - oh btw a lot of people talking about trading for Eli or Luck....does anyone realize how much we would probably need to give up to get a young franchise qb or super bowl winning qb.....guess it worth kicking the tires on the deal to see but I really hope we do not give away that many draft picks while our OL still sucks this bad just to watch a high paid qb not be able to win games.
                          Last edited by Hadez; 10-28-2017, 07:34 PM.
                          Lets Ride!

Comment

Working...
                          X