Report: Buffalo Bills "quite open" to trading Dareus before deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Buffalo Bills "quite open" to trading Dareus before deadline

How much would Bronco fans like to see this. Do a 28 year old Darues have enough in the tank to play fir the Broncos defense and in their defensive line?

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/rep...efore-deadline

Buffalo Bills are attempting to trade the controversial defensive tackle however most teams have deemed him untrade able due to his high salary and off the field issues.

Would he provide that nastiness that Malik Jackson brought? He'd also have to be as productive as Malik as well...

Here is his contract

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-b...l-dareus-7718/

What is the out in the offseson?

What do we have to give up I wonder?

Does he even fit our scheme? I assume we talking about a front of Ray, Dareus, Pecko, Wolfe, Von....does that work?

Personally I would like to see a good OL aquired even if we had to give up a good draft pick or two. Gotta be careful tho....may end up with a high draft status.
    Lets Ride!

Comment

Our DL isnt our issue, the OL is.

But it sure would be interesting to have the #2 and #3 overall picks from the 2011 draft.
      Denver Broncos
      New York Yankees
      New York Knicks
      Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

His cap numbers over the next few years are huge. He would have to restructure.

Comment

Elway would be ran out of town if he spent what cap room we have available for NT now.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Dareus is making $9.75 million, will make $9.92 million in 2018. Malik Jackon gets $13.5 million this season and $14.5 million in 2018. If Dareus stays motivated, he can be a force. The Ravens used a 340-pound Haloti Ngata at DE and it worked, so I don't know why Dareus would not be a fit, especially considering how many snaps the Broncos are playing with only 2 defensive linemen. The problem is trusting Dareus to stay motivated and work hard. Since he got paid in 2015, his production has not been the same. He seems to have some maturity issues. When he is at his best, he can be the missing piece to replace Malik Jackson's interior pass rush.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
              Dareus is making $9.75 million, will make $9.92 million in 2018. Malik Jackon gets $13.5 million this season and $14.5 million in 2018. If Dareus stays motivated, he can be a force. The Ravens used a 340-pound Haloti Ngata at DE and it worked, so I don't know why Dareus would not be a fit, especially considering how many snaps the Broncos are playing with only 2 defensive linemen. The problem is trusting Dareus to stay motivated and work hard. Since he got paid in 2015, his production has not been the same. He seems to have some maturity issues. When he is at his best, he can be the missing piece to replace Malik Jackson's interior pass rush.
              Best post of the day, thanks for your knowledgeable info. Lol seems everyone has something to say but little based on accurate facts. But you are right, Dareus is making Derek Wolfe money at this point however he could present a bad influence with his off the issues and lack of motivation.

Comment

Unless he could play qb or offensive tackle no
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Yes I’m going to have to agree with majority here. The little money remaining needs to go to getting quality oline and a Qb.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                    Best post of the day, thanks for your knowledgeable info. Lol seems everyone has something to say but little based on accurate facts. But you are right, Dareus is making Derek Wolfe money at this point however he could present a bad influence with his off the issues and lack of motivation.
                    But it will still cost us a pretty draft picks. I’d like to spend our first on get that star olineman from ND

Comment

The d-line isn't the problem, and actually is really good. Adding Dareus would add to the depth and take it to another level, but does that help score touchdowns? And as you've pointed out teams are wary of him because he's been suspended twice for drugs, next slip up costs him a season.

So I look at it like this, he's a good player, but is the investment both in picks and money worth it considering the needs of the team? I would lean towards no.

Comment

DT to the Bills for an offensive line piece. Make it happen.

Comment

He's a professional headache with a Quarterback contract

Comment

The better question is how thankful should be that Elway stood with the #2 pick and chose the player he did instead of the player that a lot of talking heads thought we should take, and that he later brought in DWARE to spank Von's bottom when Von did not behave.

Comment

He got traded to the jags for a 6th!

Comment

Working...
                              X