X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    That jags defensive line just gets deeper and deeper sheesh.
    Assuming coaches take advantage the Jax defense should be extremely hard to score on....maybe good enough to carry their team like how our 2015 defense did.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Except for Khan's checkbook. That's an awful contract.
    Suh's contract is awful. It is the benchmark for awful and his agent should get an award.

Actually if you look at Jax cap page Dareus cap hit is less than Malik's and Cambell this year and each year through 2020

This year his cap hit is less than Ivory's

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/cap/

My guess is Buff got stuck with the signing bonus part of the contract (and cap hit) but did not research it

Actually looking at the 6 mil cap hit this year, 10 mil next year and 11 the year after that....add in that he can be released with a small cap hit, no cap hit after 2018....it was a brilliant move by Jax.

Not sure what the out option is in Dareus contract but for a 6th got to think the risk is small.
    Last edited by Hadez; 10-28-2017, 07:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    I hope the Jax start winning so they have to actually pay some of their players and stop stealing all of our players and targeted players because of the low salary cap from having a garbage team.

Leave a comment:

• shawinkerpoppin
    replied
    That jags defensive line just gets deeper and deeper sheesh.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    That would be a bad trade. Considering one of their best OL’men we actually could’ve signed back in 2015. Everyone thought it was a done deal. Incognito was in Denver for two days, and somehow Elway let him walk. It was almost two weeks later when he signed to Buffalo for peanuts.
    Someone needs to take over when Elway starts to evaluate QBs and Oline. Anytime he thinks about it someone should go up to him and say, “ I got it from here, Mr. Elway.”

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
    DT to the Bills for an offensive line piece. Make it happen.
    That would be a bad trade. Considering one of their best OL’men we actually could’ve signed back in 2015. Everyone thought it was a done deal. Incognito was in Denver for two days, and somehow Elway let him walk. It was almost two weeks later when he signed to Buffalo for peanuts.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Something tells me Klan will be okay

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    The rich get richer. That defense was already nasty

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    He got traded to the jags for a 6th!
    The rich get richer. That defense was already nasty

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    He got traded to the jags for a 6th!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    The better question is how thankful should be that Elway stood with the #2 pick and chose the player he did instead of the player that a lot of talking heads thought we should take, and that he later brought in DWARE to spank Von's bottom when Von did not behave.

Leave a comment:

• SoundsOfSuccess
    replied
    He's a professional headache with a Quarterback contract

Leave a comment:

• SMR81
    replied
    DT to the Bills for an offensive line piece. Make it happen.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    The d-line isn't the problem, and actually is really good. Adding Dareus would add to the depth and take it to another level, but does that help score touchdowns? And as you've pointed out teams are wary of him because he's been suspended twice for drugs, next slip up costs him a season.

So I look at it like this, he's a good player, but is the investment both in picks and money worth it considering the needs of the team? I would lean towards no.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Best post of the day, thanks for your knowledgeable info. Lol seems everyone has something to say but little based on accurate facts. But you are right, Dareus is making Derek Wolfe money at this point however he could present a bad influence with his off the issues and lack of motivation.
    But it will still cost us a pretty draft picks. I’d like to spend our first on get that star olineman from ND

Leave a comment:

Working...
X