No announcement yet.

Brock Osweiler will start for Denver Broncos vs. Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagles have #1 Run D but the #26 Pass D. Oz will have plenty of opportunity on Sunday to show something promising. Following the Eagles #26 Pass D is the Patriots #32 Pass D, the worst in the league.

If our passing game doesnt show signs of life the next 2 weeks, oh boy...
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Ahhh...... Let the flame fest begin

Comment

We have limited options (since Sloter is gone ) but I think we would've beat KC decisively with Oz under center last week.

I supported Trev until I just couldn't, Brock is the man Sunday!

Broncos by 3 on a 60+ yarder from McMiracle!
        [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
          Eagles have #1 Run D but the #26 Pass D. Oz will have plenty of opportunity on Sunday to show something promising. Following the Eagles #26 Pass D is the Patriots #32 Pass D, the worst in the league.

Eagles secondary is very suspect but what is a secondary best friend? A great Dline that can create pressure. Eagles have that. Add that we have a bad oline.

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post

I wonder if Sanders will be back this week

Comment

Listen, everyone knows I am not a Brock fan right now, ever since he left the team. But I will give him the benefit of the doubt right now because we need change. I don't expect us to win but I want to see a lively offense that puts up a fight and I will be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
                Elway did offer the Brocklobster BIG. Money to stay, but he wouldn’t even return Elway’s calls, but go on and keep thinking it was all about money when he left us high and dry.
                This criticism of Osweiler has always been interesting to me.

Do you remember the timeline? Broncos left him hanging for weeks without negotiating until Manning officially announced retirement. When negotiations started the low balled him, complained in the media about the market value of QBs and then told him to see what he could get from other teams. Then didn't even match the offer when given the opportunity to do so.

Not sure how Osweiler would not feel a bit disrespected at that point. His not calling his teammates I do see as an issue. But not calling back the FO or Elway. It wasn't like they were enthusiastically breaking down his door either until it was too little too late.

Obviously he failed in Houston. As have a dozen other QBs until Watson. Not arguing that Osweiler was worth that contract or it was handled well by either side. But I do not see how he gets so much crap for leaving Denver. And as mentioned, they must have worked through it or the FO or his teammates would not have welcomed him back. Going to be interesting to see if the offense rallies around him or just more lackluster efforts and results.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
                  Elway did offer the Brocklobster BIG. Money to stay, but he wouldn’t even return Elway’s calls, but go on and keep thinking it was all about money when he left us high and dry.
                  Some of it might have had to do with getting benched for Peyton, and that goes both ways. The fans can say, "We won the SB, and hello, it's PFM." Brock could look at it like, "I could've won those games, and I deserved to be in there because I saved the season". Regardless, Brock is past it. Elway is clearly past it. They're professionals. I don't blame other fans for not getting past it, but I am.

Comment

Best news of the week. Change had to happen. At worst, we continue to lose, at best we get back in the win column. I can't imagine the offense could be worse, and wouldn't be surprise if we come out Sunday with a W
                    sigpic
                    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

On the road against a 7-1 team. Tough game to go into with limited reps with the starters. That said, expectations are currently low, so this is Brock's chance to be a hero.

Comment

I don't think Brock leads us to a win, but staying with the status quo after what we have all just watched would not make any sense. 2 of those games if our offence was even decent we would have win. The D was excellent in general...

I will say this, if we can run the ball and NOT have QB generated turnovers despite the final score it would have to be considered progress in the right direction.

My main worry is that this emphasizes the lack luster offensive play calling.

Comment

Brock leaving and coming back is something the players, Elway, and hopefully most fans have put behind them by now. Time can heal all wounds, but 3TDs per game is even better.
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
                            I really don't understand why people are angry at Osweiler for leaving.
                            I’m glad we dodged that bullet. I’m mad at him for being a poor QB, running into collapsing pockets, holding on to the ball, errant throws into the ground, getting throws blocked at the LOS.. the list is long.

Don’t expect miracles., it’s Brock

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                              This criticism of Osweiler has always been interesting to me.

Do you remember the timeline? Broncos left him hanging for weeks without negotiating until Manning officially announced retirement. When negotiations started the low balled him, complained in the media about the market value of QBs and then told him to see what he could get from other teams. Then didn't even match the offer when given the opportunity to do so.

Not sure how Osweiler would not feel a bit disrespected at that point. His not calling his teammates I do see as an issue. But not calling back the FO or Elway. It wasn't like they were enthusiastically breaking down his door either until it was too little too late.

Obviously he failed in Houston. As have a dozen other QBs until Watson. Not arguing that Osweiler was worth that contract or it was handled well by either side. But I do not see how he gets so much crap for leaving Denver. And as mentioned, they must have worked through it or the FO or his teammates would not have welcomed him back. Going to be interesting to see if the offense rallies around him or just more lackluster efforts and results.
                              I don't see how people can say Oz was low balled? He certainly wasn't worth the contract he ended up with. I think most people are glad we didn't ended up with that contract.

Comment

Originally posted by River Side View Post
                                I’m glad we dodged that bullet. I’m mad at him for being a poor QB, running into collapsing pockets, holding on to the ball, errant throws into the ground, getting throws blocked at the LOS.. the list is long.

Don’t expect miracles., it’s Brock
                                Lol, for a minute I thought you were talking about Siemian, then I read the last part

Comment

Working...
                                X