Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brock Osweiler will start for Denver Broncos vs. Eagles

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    I don't think the Broncos have any other option than Osweiler at this point. They are in a pretty deep hole.

    Perhaps Siemian is moving to RT?
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
      It's not the timeline that I am talking about. It's the fact that people have continuously claimed OZ was "lowballed" by JE.

      Houston paid him what, $16 mil/year? Do you think he was overpaid by Houston? Or did he live up to that $16 mil they paid him?
      I think you are comparing two seperate questions.

      Elway initially offered less then market value then when the reality of the market was revealed he upped his offer.

      For example. If you put your house on the market and I come in and offer you 60 cents on the dollar "take it or leave it". Then when you get another offer I increase my offer to market value. Did I initially lowball you?

      To answer your other question. No way did he live up to that contract. Turned into a bad situation for him to thrive in IMO. He and O'Brian seemed to never be on the same page.

      I think Osweiler may surprise this time around. Not expecting him to play at an AllStar level. Just a more efficient option the what we have seen. Keep it simple and don't turn the ball over. We'll see how it turns out.

      Broncos need at least 6-3 to have a chance at a Wild Card spot. Starts this week.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
        Browns always do the opposite of what they are supposed to do. Maybe releasing him was the wrong thing to do and Brock proves them wrong
        Love this, Murph!!!!!

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
          Wasn't that only one season? And Trevor's 1st at that? I would hope the higher drafted 4 year vet would be higher on the chart than the 7th round rookie.

          I'm not sure what you are arguing? I'm just saying Brock is the better QB imo, was then, is now! If your opinion differs so be it....

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
            I think you are comparing two seperate questions.

            Elway initially offered less then market value then when the reality of the market was revealed he upped his offer.

            For example. If you put your house on the market and I come in and offer you 60 cents on the dollar "take it or leave it". Then when you get another offer I increase my offer to market value. Did I initially lowball you?

            To answer your other question. No way did he live up to that contract. Turned into a bad situation for him to thrive in IMO. He and O'Brian seemed to never be on the same page.

            I think Osweiler may surprise this time around. Not expecting him to play at an AllStar level. Just a more efficient option the what we have seen. Keep it simple and don't turn the ball over. We'll see how it turns out.

            Broncos need at least 6-3 to have a chance at a Wild Card spot. Starts this week.
            I don't think I am. Osweiler had played 6 full games, while behind benched in what would have been his 7th. I don't see how market value could be so high? I think Elway offered what he thought Brock was worth. Turns out Elway's offer was the more accurate offer for what Brock was worth.

            I think Brock can win some games. We will
            see if he can win enough.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
              I don't think I am. Osweiler had played 6 full games, while behind benched in what would have been his 7th. I don't see how market value could be so high? I think Elway offered what he thought Brock was worth. Turns out Elway's offer was the more accurate offer for what Brock was worth.

              I think Brock can win some games. We will
              see if he can win enough.
              If Elway initially offered what he thought Osweiler was worth then why did he significantly increase his offer?

              Underestimated the market? Lowball offer? Panic when he saw Osweiler ready to sign elsewhere? Maybe a little of all of them?

              Doesn't matter at this point. I am excited to see if Osweiler has learned anything in his year away. He showed flashes going 5-2. Can he be a more experienced version of that or more like the horrible QB he was last year.

              Guess we will find out on Sunday.

              Comment


              • #67
                One win, on the road, against the NFL's best team, and everything that happened in past with Brock will quickly be forgotten.

                Never underestimate somebody who has nothing to lose. It's kind of the perfect situation for him to revive his career, he comes in with 0 expectations from the fans and everybody pretty much thinking he's going to fail. He's has to be desperate to prove everybody wrong.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Once Brocklobster gets rag dolled behind the porous Oline, he’ll beg too be benched. Haha

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
                    Once Brocklobster gets rag dolled behind the porous Oline, he’ll beg too be benched. Haha
                    Considering he went 5-2 and was tremendous in us being in position to get home field and eventually to the SB, all while behind an OL that was 10x worse than this year’s OL. I think he’ll b just fine.

                    The line does have its issues. But the biggest one was the guy that’s been taking the snaps the last year and change.
                    #swapping

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Don't know who calls the offensive plays but they need to go as well. All the hype about the best defense in the league who have they been watching? The secondary sucks could not cover a receiver of their life depended on it.
                      Max Bronco Fan since 1970

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I for one am thrilled with this news and I fully support Brock. I think people have been overly hard on him for his performance in Houston. No, he wasn't good but any QB can have a bad season. He is clearly more comfortable in Denver and I really think he'll do well. It's his opportunity to become "the guy" somewhere and revive his career. This is probably his last chance to become an NFL starting QB because if he doesn't get the job done here then he'll be a career backup QB and mostly likely only play due to an injury to a starter. Brock looks like he has more fire and leadership ability than Trevor. He always struck me as a guy with a great attitude and his teammates seem to like and support him. I think we'll see a much better offensive performance this week. Don't be surprised in we beat Philly and NE and get right back in this thing. Neither of those teams have looked truly dominant this year but both are very good and will be hard to beat but we can do it. Go Broncos!!!
                        Proud resident of Broncos Country!!!

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                          One win, on the road, against the NFL's best team, and everything that happened in past with Brock will quickly be forgotten.

                          Never underestimate somebody who has nothing to lose. It's kind of the perfect situation for him to revive his career, he comes in with 0 expectations from the fans and everybody pretty much thinking he's going to fail. He's has to be desperate to prove everybody wrong.
                          That’s true, but (and I don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer) at some point or another, raw skill will need to assert itself. You had a guy in Texas flinging passes 20 feet over the heads of wide open receivers. Even if he’s improved his game 50%, that could still be 10 feet too high.

                          I’m seriously hoping Brock has improved and is able to sustain drives and put points up…I’ll just be surprised, that’s all.
                          To infinity...and beyond.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            Interesting......

                            Brock shows some good stuff over less than half a season, and gets this great contract. Sucks in Houston, then Cleveland doesn't give him a go (ooooohhh....not even Cleveland!!). Comes back to us at a very low price.

                            It is kind of funny though, that we were pressed hard to give him a contract well over $15M/yr, and now we get him for almost nothing, and to actually start!! I know, this was not planned, but karma is female dog. And if he plays really well again, which I have my doubts, I am sure negotiations would go much different. But for me, this is a temporary thing.

                            I will say this though, each of our QBs, and some of O should be taking out our D for supper every week, because without them, we are getting beat badly of late. Maybe some coaches need to chip in as well.





                            IT FIGUURES!
                            Last edited by FL BRONCO; 11-01-2017, 08:31 PM.
                            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                              That’s true, but (and I don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer) at some point or another, raw skill will need to assert itself. You had a guy in Texas flinging passes 20 feet over the heads of wide open receivers. Even if he’s improved his game 50%, that could still be 10 feet too high.

                              I’m seriously hoping Brock has improved and is able to sustain drives and put points up…I’ll just be surprised, that’s all.
                              We just need a QB that doesn’t turn the ball over and help us move until fg range or red zone. We have given opponents too many points because of turnovers returned for TD or short field with them already being in fg range.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                                We just need a QB that doesn’t turn the ball over and help us move until fg range or red zone. We have given opponents too many points because of turnovers returned for TD or short field with them already being in fg range.
                                Out of their 14 possessions, 5 of them started in Broncos' territory. Unreal.

                                I think it's impressive the D held them to just 9 points out of those 5 possessions.
                                Last edited by Bootleg; 11-02-2017, 01:19 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X