Brock Osweiler will start for Denver Broncos vs. Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    That’s true, but (and I don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer) at some point or another, raw skill will need to assert itself. You had a guy in Texas flinging passes 20 feet over the heads of wide open receivers. Even if he’s improved his game 50%, that could still be 10 feet too high.

I’m seriously hoping Brock has improved and is able to sustain drives and put points up…I’ll just be surprised, that’s all.
    What's interesting about that point is it clearly shows that they were trying to work on his trajectory, which was his biggest problem here. He's 6'7' and getting passes batted down at the LOS. O'Brien, being the almighty QB guru he is , works on his trajectory. But as a by-product his footwork got worse and his passes became more and more errant. Let's see how he pans out with the combo of McCoy/Musgrave. I do wish things worked outlast year and had another year under Kubes/Dennison/Knapp. Hopefully in his time in the background, McCoy/Musgrave have been getting him back on track.
    #swapping

Comment

Besides avoiding paying him so much money, didn't we also receive a comp pick from his departure as well?
      Winner of the 2012 Broncomania GM game

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
        Out of their 14 possessions, 5 of them started in Broncos' territory. Unreal.

I think it's impressive the D held them to just 9 points out of those 5 possessions.
        20-30 yard when we would be pinned back, i am not sure we are running enough but its not my call.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
          20-30 yard when we would be pinned back, i am not sure we are running enough but its not my call.
          I agree, they've been quick to abandon the run in recent weeks. They ran well against the Chiefs, should have doubled down and rammed it down their throats.

Comment

I agree, they've been quick to abandon the run in recent weeks. They ran well against the Chiefs, should have doubled down and rammed it down their throats.
            Problem is that when you keep turning the ball over and special teams keeps giving up field position, eventually you will give up points. And when you’re down by two possessions, you tend to get away from the whole control the clock approach.

Now we ran the ball very well on Monday, only problem is that it’s was after we were already down 14pts, which was early in the 1st quarter. When you get in that type of hole, things get off track fast, real fast.
            #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
              Problem is that when you keep turning the ball over and special teams keeps giving up field position, eventually you will give up points. And when you’re down by two possessions, you tend to get away from the whole control the clock approach.

Now we ran the ball very well on Monday, only problem is that it’s was after we were already down 14pts, which was early in the 1st quarter. When you get in that type of hole, things get off track fast, real fast.
              ya but we could have alot better things i think we ended up not being to far behind to stop running and we had a productive thing going.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Scheyjosh View Post
                Besides avoiding paying him so much money, didn't we also receive a comp pick from his departure as well?
                Yes, in part. We received a total of 4 comp picks - mostly because of the losses of Oz, Malik & Trevathan.

We ended up actually drafting with just 2 of those picks - - one was Langley, and the other was for Mr. Irrelevant himself... ironically enough.
                Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                  Interesting. Don't think i ever heard the negotiations ever got that close to being signed.

No disrespect meant, but do you remember the source or where you heard that? Just want to check that m opinion is fact based.

Of course and none taken.

We have some pretty good connections within the organization, and a few others around the league. Sorry for the delay, I do not post here often.
                  Oh, and that is not my opinion. This is the account we were told not too long after the whole thing went down. This matches up with what we have heard from his family members too. (Dont ask me how someone got connected with brocks fam, but they were or are....or whatever)
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Working...
                  X