X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underrated29
    replied
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Interesting. Don't think i ever heard the negotiations ever got that close to being signed.

No disrespect meant, but do you remember the source or where you heard that? Just want to check that m opinion is fact based.

Of course and none taken.

We have some pretty good connections within the organization, and a few others around the league. Sorry for the delay, I do not post here often.
    Oh, and that is not my opinion. This is the account we were told not too long after the whole thing went down. This matches up with what we have heard from his family members too. (Dont ask me how someone got connected with brocks fam, but they were or are....or whatever)

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    Originally posted by Scheyjosh View Post
    Besides avoiding paying him so much money, didn't we also receive a comp pick from his departure as well?
    Yes, in part. We received a total of 4 comp picks - mostly because of the losses of Oz, Malik & Trevathan.

We ended up actually drafting with just 2 of those picks - - one was Langley, and the other was for Mr. Irrelevant himself... ironically enough.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
    I agree, they've been quick to abandon the run in recent weeks. They ran well against the Chiefs, should have doubled down and rammed it down their throats.
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    Problem is that when you keep turning the ball over and special teams keeps giving up field position, eventually you will give up points. And when you’re down by two possessions, you tend to get away from the whole control the clock approach.

Now we ran the ball very well on Monday, only problem is that it’s was after we were already down 14pts, which was early in the 1st quarter. When you get in that type of hole, things get off track fast, real fast.
    ya but we could have alot better things i think we ended up not being to far behind to stop running and we had a productive thing going.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    I agree, they've been quick to abandon the run in recent weeks. They ran well against the Chiefs, should have doubled down and rammed it down their throats.
    Problem is that when you keep turning the ball over and special teams keeps giving up field position, eventually you will give up points. And when you’re down by two possessions, you tend to get away from the whole control the clock approach.

Now we ran the ball very well on Monday, only problem is that it’s was after we were already down 14pts, which was early in the 1st quarter. When you get in that type of hole, things get off track fast, real fast.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    20-30 yard when we would be pinned back, i am not sure we are running enough but its not my call.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Out of their 14 possessions, 5 of them started in Broncos' territory. Unreal.

I think it's impressive the D held them to just 9 points out of those 5 possessions.
    20-30 yard when we would be pinned back, i am not sure we are running enough but its not my call.

Leave a comment:

• Scheyjosh
    replied
    Besides avoiding paying him so much money, didn't we also receive a comp pick from his departure as well?

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    That’s true, but (and I don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer) at some point or another, raw skill will need to assert itself. You had a guy in Texas flinging passes 20 feet over the heads of wide open receivers. Even if he’s improved his game 50%, that could still be 10 feet too high.

I’m seriously hoping Brock has improved and is able to sustain drives and put points up…I’ll just be surprised, that’s all.
    What's interesting about that point is it clearly shows that they were trying to work on his trajectory, which was his biggest problem here. He's 6'7' and getting passes batted down at the LOS. O'Brien, being the almighty QB guru he is , works on his trajectory. But as a by-product his footwork got worse and his passes became more and more errant. Let's see how he pans out with the combo of McCoy/Musgrave. I do wish things worked outlast year and had another year under Kubes/Dennison/Knapp. Hopefully in his time in the background, McCoy/Musgrave have been getting him back on track.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    We just need a QB that doesn’t turn the ball over and help us move until fg range or red zone. We have given opponents too many points because of turnovers returned for TD or short field with them already being in fg range.
    Out of their 14 possessions, 5 of them started in Broncos' territory. Unreal.

I think it's impressive the D held them to just 9 points out of those 5 possessions.
    Last edited by Bootleg; 11-02-2017, 01:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
    That’s true, but (and I don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer) at some point or another, raw skill will need to assert itself. You had a guy in Texas flinging passes 20 feet over the heads of wide open receivers. Even if he’s improved his game 50%, that could still be 10 feet too high.

I’m seriously hoping Brock has improved and is able to sustain drives and put points up…I’ll just be surprised, that’s all.
    We just need a QB that doesn’t turn the ball over and help us move until fg range or red zone. We have given opponents too many points because of turnovers returned for TD or short field with them already being in fg range.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Interesting......

Brock shows some good stuff over less than half a season, and gets this great contract. Sucks in Houston, then Cleveland doesn't give him a go (ooooohhh....not even Cleveland!!). Comes back to us at a very low price.

It is kind of funny though, that we were pressed hard to give him a contract well over $15M/yr, and now we get him for almost nothing, and to actually start!! I know, this was not planned, but karma is female dog. And if he plays really well again, which I have my doubts, I am sure negotiations would go much different. But for me, this is a temporary thing.

I will say this though, each of our QBs, and some of O should be taking out our D for supper every week, because without them, we are getting beat badly of late. Maybe some coaches need to chip in as well.

IT FIGUURES!
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 11-01-2017, 08:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    One win, on the road, against the NFL's best team, and everything that happened in past with Brock will quickly be forgotten.

Never underestimate somebody who has nothing to lose. It's kind of the perfect situation for him to revive his career, he comes in with 0 expectations from the fans and everybody pretty much thinking he's going to fail. He's has to be desperate to prove everybody wrong.

Leave a comment:

• snowman33
    replied
    I for one am thrilled with this news and I fully support Brock. I think people have been overly hard on him for his performance in Houston. No, he wasn't good but any QB can have a bad season. He is clearly more comfortable in Denver and I really think he'll do well. It's his opportunity to become "the guy" somewhere and revive his career. This is probably his last chance to become an NFL starting QB because if he doesn't get the job done here then he'll be a career backup QB and mostly likely only play due to an injury to a starter. Brock looks like he has more fire and leadership ability than Trevor. He always struck me as a guy with a great attitude and his teammates seem to like and support him. I think we'll see a much better offensive performance this week. Don't be surprised in we beat Philly and NE and get right back in this thing. Neither of those teams have looked truly dominant this year but both are very good and will be hard to beat but we can do it. Go Broncos!!!

Leave a comment:

• max01
    replied
    Don't know who calls the offensive plays but they need to go as well. All the hype about the best defense in the league who have they been watching? The secondary sucks could not cover a receiver of their life depended on it.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
    Once Brocklobster gets rag dolled behind the porous Oline, he’ll beg too be benched. Haha
    Considering he went 5-2 and was tremendous in us being in position to get home field and eventually to the SB, all while behind an OL that was 10x worse than this year’s OL. I think he’ll b just fine.

The line does have its issues. But the biggest one was the guy that’s been taking the snaps the last year and change.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X