Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bronx_2003
    replied
    It really makes you wonder what Elway is thinking sometimes. Watson was always injured and rubbish in Oakland...... so why sign him ? Surprise surprise he is rubbish and injured again. Just like DS wasn't very good in KC. Why are we signing other peoples trash ?!!

Apparently Watson was ranked 71 out of 75 OT's. I can't believe there are 4 worse then him in the league.

Anyway, this season is done anyway but lets stop with this bad joke our FA and drafts on offense have become. Watson, DS, and Garcia need to be cut after the season....... or as soon as possible. We got rid of 2 awful pieces of dead weight in Schofield and Ty S, lets get rid of the other 3 useless lineman.

When you look at who we have drafted - Sambrailo, Schofield, Garcia...... and took in FA - Watson and DS, then its no wonder our OL is so terrible.

We are not a team with a ton of holes, what we are seeing is a team with no QB and 2 huge holes on the OL - LG and RT. Its hard to overcome these 3 positions but fixable in the offseason.

What we really need out of this season is to see 6-7 games from Lynch so we know what we have

Sign Cousins, draft Quenton Nelson

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
    I saw his PFF grades (for what they're worth) from last season earlier, they were really inconsistent: 66.7, 46.4, 52, 60, 50.6, 53.4, 70.5, 85.5, 91.4, and 50.5.

I've also just realised that he's the player that was found wandering in the farmer's field without any pants on earlier this year
    Yea he's a special person...Inspires all kinds of hope and all...

That's why i'm saying, don't expect a christmas miracle here.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Don't get too hopeful, he's been trash his entire career.
    I saw his PFF grades (for what they're worth) from last season earlier, they were really inconsistent: 66.7, 46.4, 52, 60, 50.6, 53.4, 70.5, 85.5, 91.4, and 50.5.

I've also just realised that he's the player that was found wandering in the farmer's field without any pants on earlier this year

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
    Hopefully Kouandjio will turn out to be an upgrade once he has some familiarity. Watson was a liability in pass pro, which is a shame because he's a solid run blocker.
    Don't get too hopeful, he's been trash his entire career.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    Hopefully Kouandjio will turn out to be an upgrade once he has some familiarity. Watson was a liability in pass pro, which is a shame because he's a solid run blocker.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
    Ugh, this is bad. Watson was absolutely terrible, but unfortunately was the best the Broncos had at that spot. Now somehow the o-line is going from "Terrible" to "Even Worse".
    It’s like we made it to the ground floor and could see some daylight, but we knew more improvements were still needed. Now we’re jettisoned back to sub-level 4 maintanece parking only next to the trash compactor

Leave a comment:

• MileHighInNY
    replied
    Ugh, this is bad. Watson was absolutely terrible, but unfortunately was the best the Broncos had at that spot. Now somehow the o-line is going from "Terrible" to "Even Worse".

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I didn't think his injury was that serious?? A change needed to be made on the oline unfortunately I think it would've been better to move Watson inside rather than put him on IR

Also isn't this the guy that fell in his house and hurt his hip? As well as managing to get past an electric fence and be found by police naked in a field?

Are we officially a circus?
    Yes that’s him and we’re very close to being a circus. All we need to do now is bring in Johnny Football and cut Trev!

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    I didn't think his injury was that serious?? A change needed to be made on the oline unfortunately I think it would've been better to move Watson inside rather than put him on IR

Also isn't this the guy that fell in his house and hurt his hip? As well as managing to get past an electric fence and be found by police naked in a field?

Are we officially a circus?
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 11-08-2017, 07:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Hopefully Cyrus can start right away. Schofield should have been our swing tackle this year

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Well the OL just went from marginally bad to epically bad. Because as bad as Watson was, Stephenson is on a whole ‘notha level of terrible. Awkward and sketchy 7’ QB’s and terrible OT’s that’s the new Bronco way

Leave a comment:

• SecondsAway131
    started a topic Broncos send RT Watson to IR, sign Kouandjio

Broncos send RT Watson to IR, sign Kouandjio

Broncos send RT Watson to IR, sign Kouandjio

"Broncos placed RT Menelik Watson on injured reserve with a foot injury, ending his season.
    Former Bills OT Cyrus Kouandjio was signed to take his roster spot. Watson got $5.5 million guaranteed in March and started 7-of-8 games. He was a huge bust and major part of the Broncos' offensive line woes; Watson is Pro Football Focus' No. 71 offensive tackle out of 75 qualifiers. Even in Oakland, Watson couldn't stay healthy. Donald Stephenson figures to replace him.
    "

Source: Mike Klis on Twitter
Working...
X