Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos players take issue with Elway's 'soft' label

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Broncos players take issue with Elway's 'soft' label

    Things start to get a little tense when the losses pile up. Just ask the Denver Broncos.

    After starting 3-1, the Broncos have lost six straight. They've sent their starting quarterback from the lineup, to the backup role, to inactive in Week 11. They've surrendered 40-plus points in consecutive weeks before coming back to earth in a 20-17 loss on Sunday to the Bengals.



    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ays-soft-label



    Yeah, this has NOT been our season!

  • #2
    Win a game....prove him wrong.....

    Please......
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      Win a game....prove him wrong.....

      Please......
      You said it!


      We were all alone in second on Oct. 30th and now are LAST place in our division............What a pathetic display!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
        Win a game....prove him wrong.....

        Please......
        Pretty much this.

        Comment


        • #5
          B Marshall is an idiot, if the defense gave 100% then we are paying the wrong people because they suck out there. Should of kept Danny, B Marsh has been crap since he got paid. Hope we get a real ILB this off season and get rid of this Bum. Team is Soft right now and its a fact.
          Last edited by Chronoless; 11-19-2017, 10:33 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            The general manager can't just call the players 'soft' publicly and deflect any responsibility for the current state of the team. Every player and coach on this team has been signed or re-signed by Elway. Show some accountability for the 'softness' you're seeing in this team because you built it.

            Chris Harris said it best:

            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
              Win a game....prove him wrong.....

              Please......
              EXACTLY! They are SURELY tanking it , right? If they aren't , then they are the Slowest, Weakest, Dumbest Bronco team I have ever seen in 42 years of watching them!!!
              sigpicoh YEAH?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                Win a game....prove him wrong.....

                Please......
                I'd prefer they didn't. Time to start sucking for draft picks at this point. Every game we win moves us back. As of right now we'd draft 4th overall.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  I'd prefer they didn't. Time to start sucking for draft picks at this point. Every game we win moves us back. As of right now we'd draft 4th overall.
                  Broncos fans still want the team to win every week. We can hope other teams like the Browns, Giants, and 49ers win to help us move up as we continue to win our own games. We can make up hypothetical trades in Feburary, when all 32 first round picks are official. I can name many players who should have been picked much earlier or later than they turned out to be worth after being drafted. There is no reason to want a high draft pick until there is a 100% guarantee John Elway will not make a mistake in the first round.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                    The general manager can't just call the players 'soft' publicly and deflect any responsibility for the current state of the team. Every player and coach on this team has been signed or re-signed by Elway. Show some accountability for the 'softness' you're seeing in this team because you built it.

                    Chris Harris said it best:

                    why not? He signed players he thought would go kicking and screaming and so far they have not. So calling them soft is how i would describe them. He's done all he can do. Paid people who he thought would do good for this team and none of it is working out. Maybe Elway is partially to blame but short of actually going out on the field himself what more can he do?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                      why not? He signed players he thought would go kicking and screaming and so far they have not. So calling them soft is how i would describe them. He's done all he can do. Paid people who he thought would do good for this team and none of it is working out. Maybe Elway is partially to blame but short of actually going out on the field himself what more can he do?
                      Sign better free agents than Donald Stephenson and Menelik Watson, draft better, find a proper quarterback, not miss on a 1st-round quarterback, not leave the franchise in the hands of an inexperienced head coach, inexperienced defensive coordinator and inexperienced special-teams coordinator. Things like that. He built this soft team and hired the coaches that are coaching this soft team.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Elway is blaming everyone; McCoy; the players. Next he will blame the cheerleaders for not having enough spirit.

                        After that I suspect Bigfoot, Elvis, and the Easter Bunny will be identified as having done something wrong.

                        I think Elway has dementia.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm just gunna leave this here, and hit the pause button on a few occasions...



                          1:10: DT
                          1:28: Roby, Harris
                          4:00: Pretty much the entire offensive line getting sledded
                          4:14: Harris, Stewart

                          There were a lot of guys working hard throughout. Even the guys who showed some lack of effort on these plays were playing hard most of the time, just not here. There was a lot of dumb football, too. Bad angles, bad tackling, BAD reads. The real kicker is that on a few of those big plays, guys like Wolfe and Harris were being obviously held. It didn't matter in the grand scheme, though. Dumb football was the main issue.

                          Does Elway deserve some of the blame for putting these guys in this position, yeah, but that doesn't necessarily excuse some piss poor efforts that led to big plays. And there is a difference between dumb football, and lack of effort.
                          Last edited by Spice 1; 11-22-2017, 08:24 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                            Sign better free agents than Donald Stephenson and Menelik Watson, draft better, find a proper quarterback, not miss on a 1st-round quarterback, not leave the franchise in the hands of an inexperienced head coach, inexperienced defensive coordinator and inexperienced special-teams coordinator. Things like that. He built this soft team and hired the coaches that are coaching this soft team.
                            This is what I want to see come draft time. Hit on an offensive player for a change. I know the draft is not a sure thing, but based on Elway's draft history, he hasn't shown he can see talent in this area.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
                              B Marshall is an idiot, if the defense gave 100% then we are paying the wrong people because they suck out there. Should of kept Danny, B Marsh has been crap since he got paid. Hope we get a real ILB this off season and get rid of this Bum. Team is Soft right now and its a fact.
                              Add Miller and Thomas to that list, If only there was a way to motivate players like they're in a contract year every game.
                              [sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X