Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Ray on IR

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
    It begs the questions, "has he been lifting weights with that bad wrist"? What kind of shape is he in? How much does he weigh? And were the Broncos FO and Coaching Staff taken by surprise by this news, because I hadn't heard a word about Ray not having the surgery until now?
    According to reports he should be cleared for TC and expected to be active for game 1 of the season. He must be in fairly good condition to be cleared and expect to play by game 1. Klis noted he could be on the PUP list for a short time as a precautionary measure.

    From what I’ve read his progress was an unexpected surprise after his physician took another look at x-rays and determined surgery might not be necessary.

    Edit: Not sure if the FO was surprised. Ray was because he was expecting 3 months off with another surgery.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 07-24-2018, 05:07 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      This story about Ray not needing surgery just does not feel right. That wrist probably will continue to be an issue once Ray starts tackling and battling offensive linemen and will eventually be placed on IR again.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
        This story about Ray not needing surgery just does not feel right. That wrist probably will continue to be an issue once Ray starts tackling and battling offensive linemen and will eventually be placed on IR again.
        Selfishly I want him playing. There has been some confusion around his status. One report said the surgeon determined a 4th surgery wasn’t necessary, when previously the surgery was a forgone conclusion?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
          Selfishly I want him playing. There has been some confusion around his status. One report said the surgeon determined a 4th surgery wasn’t necessary, when previously the surgery was a forgone conclusion?
          If you read this article:

          https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-fix/35975439/

          Ray broke his left wrist at the start of training camp last year when he got tangled up with offensive lineman Menelik Watson. After surgery to repair both bones and ligaments, he missed the first six games and the final two.

          With a jumpstart on his rehab, "I thought I was out in the clear" by the start of the offseason program two months ago, Ray said. "But I'd wake up every day and I'm like, 'Man, my wrist is still hurting.'"

          The soreness didn't subside and swelling appeared, so he sought medical advice last week when doctors discovered an unhealed, fractured bone and recommended yet another operation.
          "With the injury, I should have sat down. I went out and played. It wasn't good as it should have been obviously because of the injury. And I feel like a lot of people tried to use that against me. So, this time I'm going to be smart. I'm going to do the best thing for me, which is to make sure I'm 100 percent healthy. And then once I'm 100 percent healthy, I'll be able to be out here and be the player that my coaches and my teammates know I am."
          It completely contradicts the latest news that he does not need surgery. It was reported as an unhealed, fractured bone, and this time he'd make sure he sits out until he's 100%... And now he will just rehab and get back on the field? Very strange, and I can't see how Ray will be able to stay healthy during the regular season.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
            If you read this article:

            https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-fix/35975439/





            It completely contradicts the latest news that he does not need surgery. It was reported as an unhealed, fractured bone, and this time he'd make sure he sits out until he's 100%... And now he will just rehab and get back on the field? Very strange, and I can't see how Ray will be able to stay healthy during the regular season.
            I don’t see how he makes it through the season but will hope for the best.

            Comment


            • #21
              I would believe the Broncos are doing everything they can to salvage Ray because they look Epically stupid with him and Lynch being back-to-back first round colossal busts.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                I was hoping he had a good year as I think it would have increased his trade value. Yes, it is time to move on here.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                  I would believe the Broncos are doing everything they can to salvage Ray because they look Epically stupid with him and Lynch being back-to-back first round colossal busts.
                  Paxton Lynch, I agree. However, Shane Ray had 8.0 sacks in 2016, so I don't see him as a colossal bust. Ray just needs to beat the injury bug, but he's already shown he can produce when healthy. A healthy Shane Ray starting 16 games is probably good for 10+ sacks.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                    Paxton Lynch, I agree. However, Shane Ray had 8.0 sacks in 2016, so I don't see him as a colossal bust. Ray just needs to beat the injury bug, but he's already shown he can produce when healthy. A healthy Shane Ray starting 16 games is probably good for 10+ sacks.

                    This.

                    .i don’t see bust here. Injuries happen. A healthy Shane ray showed us a lot of potential.

                    Lynch on the other hand........
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                      I would believe the Broncos are doing everything they can to salvage Ray because they look Epically stupid with him and Lynch being back-to-back first round colossal busts.
                      Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                      Paxton Lynch, I agree. However, Shane Ray had 8.0 sacks in 2016, so I don't see him as a colossal bust. Ray just needs to beat the injury bug, but he's already shown he can produce when healthy. A healthy Shane Ray starting 16 games is probably good for 10+ sacks.
                      Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                      This.

                      .i don’t see bust here. Injuries happen. A healthy Shane ray showed us a lot of potential.

                      Lynch on the other hand........
                      I don’t think he’s been a bust. If he can stay healthy he probably has more upside potential.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        I don’t think he’s been a bust. If he can stay healthy he probably has more upside potential.
                        See this is the key. Some guys bodies are just not capable of absorbing the beating of the pros. That's ok but it will earn them the rightful label of injury prone. So IMO Ray needs to stay healthy this season if he wants any hope at all of shedding that label. As of now he's played in 41 of 51 games (includes playoffs). To put that in perspective he's been in the league 3 years and has missed 6 games shy of a full season.

                        I am in the camp of Ray is a well above average player when healthy but ultimately health may be his biggest issue. I see him as a 7 to 10 sack guy if he can make it a season.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                          See this is the key. Some guys bodies are just not capable of absorbing the beating of the pros. That's ok but it will earn them the rightful label of injury prone. So IMO Ray needs to stay healthy this season if he wants any hope at all of shedding that label. As of now he's played in 41 of 51 games (includes playoffs). To put that in perspective he's been in the league 3 years and has missed 6 games shy of a full season.

                          I am in the camp of Ray is a well above average player when healthy but ultimately health may be his biggest issue. I see him as a 7 to 10 sack guy if he can make it a season.
                          Agree and hopefully he can somehow manage to stay healthy.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X