Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: C.J. Anderson likely to be traded or released by Broncos. Booker to be #1 RB

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I feel like out of the stacked backfield Booker is actually the one who should be cut. I’ll be a little upset if a player I like is cut for his spot. But at least Lindsay seems to have more than made the roster
    After also being underwhelmed by Booker's play thus far in the preseason, I decided to look up the stats of all 5 RBs on the roster:

Booker
    Att/Yds/Avg: 9/33/3.7
    Rec/Yds: 1/10

Freeman
    Att/Yds/Avg: 15/84/5.6 (*3TD)
    Rec/Yds: 1/6

Lindsay
    Att/Yds/Avg: 13/70/5.4
    Rec/Yds: 4/58 (*1TD)

Henderson
    Att/Yds/Avg: 14/50/3.6
    Rec/Yds: 5/44

Williams
    Att/Yds/Avg: 14/36/2.6
    Rec/Yds: 4/54

Henderson and Williams have played against a lower level of players compared to Booker, so a straight up comparison would be unfair. However, Freeman and more recently Lindsay have, and their performances have been a lot more impressive than Booker's. Just from watching them play it's been evident.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
      After also being underwhelmed by Booker's play thus far in the preseason, I decided to look up the stats of all 5 RBs on the roster:

Booker
      Att/Yds/Avg: 9/33/3.7
      Rec/Yds: 1/10

Freeman
      Att/Yds/Avg: 15/84/5.6 (*3TD)
      Rec/Yds: 1/6

Lindsay
      Att/Yds/Avg: 13/70/5.4
      Rec/Yds: 4/58 (*1TD)

Henderson
      Att/Yds/Avg: 14/50/3.6
      Rec/Yds: 5/44

Williams
      Att/Yds/Avg: 14/36/2.6
      Rec/Yds: 4/54

Henderson and Williams have played against a lower level of players compared to Booker, so a straight up comparison would be unfair. However, Freeman and more recently Lindsay have, and their performances have been a lot more impressive than Booker's. Just from watching them play it's been evident.
      I agree that it’s not fair to compare to the two only playing against backups. Though they are only playing behind a worse oline.

However of the 3 playing with the 1’s he is by far the worst. His only defense is a smaller sample size with fewer carries. But the eye test says he isn’t bringing a better skill set to the table.
      sigpic

Comment

• I’m confused. I thought CJ was a goner.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Depth chart at this time is fluid. Chances are Booker, Lindsey and Freeman will get snaps in the regular season with some sprinkled in for the rest.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
            I’m confused. I thought CJ was a goner.
            Half the title of the thread is about Booker being #1.
            sigpic

Comment

• Well to take this thread back to CJ....

He has been I intentionally held back this PS. But he is still going strong.

5.0 avg per carry and 6.8 in receiving. When I looked at Booker this PS I was not impressed. In fact when I looked at Freeman I did not see the same, let's just call it shiftiness, as i saw from CJ. I don't see Freeman as a guy who can shed guys and go through the hole. I believe that he is more akin to how we've seen AP run the ball. Load him up, and 2 or three times a game he'll break a big run.

Again JMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                Well to take this thread back to CJ....

5.0 avg per carry and 6.8 in receiving. When I looked at Booker this PS I was not impressed. In fact when I looked at Freeman I did not see the same, let's just call it shiftiness, as i saw from CJ. I don't see Freeman as a guy who can shed guys and go through the hole. I believe that he is more akin to how we've seen AP run the ball. Load him up, and 2 or three times a game he'll break a big run.

Again JMO.
                Going strong? He is in a battle for a backup position which he may or may not win..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                  Well to take this thread back to CJ....

Again JMO.
                  We'll agree to disagree on your assessment of Freeman. He's only played 3 preseason games and that's his total NFL sample and I already see far superior vision and footwork to anything CJ has ever possessed as well as the ability to break tackles.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    We'll agree to disagree on your assessment of Freeman. He's only played 3 preseason games and that's his total NFL sample and I already see far superior vision and footwork to anything CJ has ever possessed as well as the ability to break tackles.
                    Nose for the endzone too

Comment

Working...
                    X