Von Miller Hammerhead Shark Incident Under Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Miller Hammerhead Shark Incident Under Investigation

According to TMZ Sports, Von Miller is under investigation by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission resulting from complaints by PETA for catching the Hammerhead shark last week.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/04/03/von-mi...tigation-peta/

http://www.complex.com/sports/2018/0..._medium=social

Von Miller's fishing expedition in Florida has ignited an investigation after PETA accused the NFL star of illegally catching a hammerhead shark ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Miller and some friends went fishing in Miami last week and reeled in the 9-and-a-half foot shark -- which they later threw back in the ocean.
    PETA -- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals -- went berserk over the footage ... accusing Von's group of illegally catching and killing the animal.

PETA vowed to follow up with wildlife officials and said they would "ensure Miller is held accountable."

The complaint got all the way to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission -- a government law enforcement agency that regulates hunting and fishing.

We spoke with FWC Public Information Coordinator Rob Klepper who tells us, "FWC has received the images and video and is looking into whether or not a violation occurred in this incident."

Unclear what the punishment would be if officials found Miller broke any laws -- we're looking into it.

Story developing ...
    Wow! Catch a fish and get put under investigation. What is this world coming to?
    sigpic

There's a lot of things about PETA I don't agree with. Apparently, it's against the law to harm hammerhead sharks, so hopefully, they did release it and it was still alive.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I understand some animals need legal protection for a variety of reasons such as The Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act. I also realize that ignorance of the law is not a defense.

However, it appeared

1. Miller and Co. were on a fishing expedition with a reputable company (see the guy in the blue shirt, and the other guy in the neon green shirt.)

2. I learned something from watching the video meaning it was educational. (Not the intended purpose but a good defense).

3. I doubt Miller and Co. set out to catch a Hammerhead shark. This reminded me of the time when I was at a bar talking to this girl, but she turned out to be a guy. We still had a lovely time but let's just say the wrong one bit my line.

The only thing I find offensive is: Miller's thin legs. For someone that weights 250 lbs, his legs look thin in those grey shorts. Might I add he wasn't the one catching or hauling in the shark.

Comment

They will be after his chickens next
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

How do you control what bites your line? It’s my understanding he released it afterwards.

Comment

The instrument has yet to be invented that is capable of measuring my indifference to this story.

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
              They will be after his chickens next
              Well the PETB* have already got a strong dislike for him.

*People for the Ethical Treatment of Brady

Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

Comment

Yeah I’m thinking liability in that situation falls on the guide.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                  How do you control what bites your line? It’s my understanding he released it afterwards.
                  It has to be investigated. That just means they are gathering facts.

I have seen nothing to think it will go further.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I never see PETA out front of the local Pappadeaux's, Bonefish Grill or Red Lobster raising hell about all the stuff they have hanging on the walls. Nor is there news headlines about Florida investigating any of them.

Clearly we live in an age where being offended is an opportunity.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                      I never see PETA out front of the local Pappadeaux's, Bonefish Grill or Red Lobster raising hell about all the stuff they have hanging on the walls. Nor is there news headlines about Florida investigating any of them.

Clearly we live in an age where being offended is an opportunity.
                      Head to Toronto!

Road trip

Chef counter-protests vegan activists by butchering meat in front of them

Comment

Best part of the article was the “spike in reservations” for the restaurant since the incident.

Hope that continues. Hard enough for a small business owner to succeed without having to battle activists imposing their opionions on others.

Also found it interesting that the activists were willing to sell out their moral integrity if the restaurant put up a sign promoting the cause.

Back to Miller. If he released the shark , why is this an issue? Or could it be that his chicken raising business already has him targeted?

Comment

Reminds me of when Deion Sanders got busted for catching way over his limit of bass.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

If it's true that he and his buddies caught the shark and killed it (doesn't matter if they released him if he's dead), I hope goes to jail and he rots there. I'm not being sarcastic. Sick and tired of people using the ecosystem and this planet as a little plaything, especially the rich thinking they can do anything and get away with it. It's disgusting beyond measure.

Comment

PETA only cares about the endangerment of animals when they arent the ones causing endangerment.

Can they even locate the shark to tell if it's dead, alive, healthy, or not?

I mean if they put the shark back and the shark is fine, then PETA should kick rocks.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                              X