Manning sells Papa Johns stakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning sells Papa Johns stakes

Manning bails on Papa Johns. .... I wonder if he starts buying Pizza Huts lol

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/07/peyt...-with-nfl.html
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post

Peyton bought his stake in 2012 when PZZA traded near $26.50. Not sure if the structure of his deal but PZZA recently closed near $62.50. I would believe he made out fairly well on the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post

Pizza Hut. Better ingredients, better pizza. Although I do like the garlic butter sauce.

31 stores. I didn't realize he had that many.

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
      Peyton bought his stake in 2012 when PZZA traded near $26.50. Not sure if the structure of his deal but PZZA recently closed near $62.50. I would believe he made out fairly well on the deal.
      That would be a nice profit.
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Apparently, it isn't "Better Pizza."

Comment

Probably has to do with Papa John's no longer having anything to do with the NFL, as well as previously indicated with stock price. If he could get out with a big return on investment and keep himself golden in NFL circles, it seems like an easy decision to make.

Comment

"Peyton Manning sold his stake in 31 Papa John's franchises late last month, just days before the chain relinquished its role as the official pizza of the NFL."-CNBC

Couple things:

1. I think some people might be confused: A person may own a company's: franchise, stock or both.
            Manning sold his 31 franchises. It does not mention he had stock options (stock market relevance).
            Regardless if he only owned franchises, hopefully, he made a sizable profit.

2. I wonder what Martha Stewart is thinking right about now?

"Manning remains a "spokesperson and brand ambassador" for Papa John's as part of a long-term agreement between the two parties, Collins confirmed."-CNBC

Comment

I know that there are a lot of Papa John's Franchise Owners who would like to strangle "Papa John" for his controversial statements. concerning the NFL and our previous President;s re-election, that have apparently alienated half the Pizza buying population. And although I only eat "Franks Pizza King" pizza in Englewood, and don't ever remember eating a Papa John's pizza, I can tell you that I would specifically NEVER buy or eat one of his pizza's. The people I know who have eaten them have told me that they are absolutely terrible. So, maybe that has something to do with Manning getting out of that business.

Comment

Working...
              X