Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos' Jordan Taylor: Likely out for offseason program

Recovery from planned hip surgery

Taylor is expected to miss most of the offseason program while recovering from hip surgery, Mike Klis of 9News Denver reports.

Taylor came out of nowhere to catch six passes for 65 yards in Week 17 last season, but it was revealed shortly thereafter that he'd need surgeries on both of his hips. It's unclear if he'll be ready for training camp, and he'll likely need to compete for a roster spot even if he's back at full strength. The Broncos seemingly hope 2017 third-round pick Carlos Henderson (thumb) can step up as the No. 3 receiver behind Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders. Should that fail to materialize, the team could turn to Taylor, Isaiah McKenzie or a selection from the upcoming NFL Draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/player.../jordan-taylor

I hope he has a speedy recovery I really like him. Get healthy homie!
    GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

I'm bummed about Taylor. I'm not sure why he wasn't used more as he had good hands and feet. And I really liked him as a receiver.

Will Decker or someone else replace this spot of need? Meaning, I heard Decker is a candidate for our role.
      Last edited by broncoslover115; 04-05-2018, 02:53 PM.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        I'm bummed about Taylor. I'm not sure why he wasn't used more as he had good hands and feet. And I really liked him as a receiver.

Will Decker or someone else replace this spot of need? Meaning, I heard Decker is a candidate for our role.
        Bummed here too. Taylor worked hard to make the roster and proved he could contribute. During the interview at the combine VJ said Taylor earned the right to be the starting punt returner after how he played last season.

Hopefully he'll recover well and be back to football. Paradis recovered well so hopefully he can be an inspiration for Taylor.

Comment

On the Decker train!!!
          [sigpic

Comment

Yeah I was hoping Taylor & Fowler would've split 3rd WR duties, because they both seemed to be promising, but Fowler never really showed up last season with all the playing time he got, which is probably why he was let go, and Taylor was barely given a chance but did continue to look promising when he was finally given the chance to play WR, so I'm glad we kept him.

I wasn't sad at all when we let Decker go but I wouldn't mind if we brought him back either.

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
              On the Decker train!!!

Last edited by Rastic; 04-05-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Both hips? Hope he has a quick recovery.
                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

What's the deal with Broncos players needing double hip surgery? First Paradis last year now Taylor this year. Which later round/UDFA second or third year player will undergo double hip surgery next year?

Comment

Hopefully the surgery goes well and he comes back strong. I'd like to see what we can do with DT and JT on the outside with Sanders in the slot. If that could work we could build to a WR depth chart that favors a 3Wide set but still has the ability to throw up a lot of different looks if/when the TE's and RB's get involved. I'd like to see a passing game that is complicated enough to fool opposing Defenses while still being effective enough to actually take advantage of the mistakes they force.
                    Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                      Hopefully the surgery goes well and he comes back strong. I'd like to see what we can do with DT and JT on the outside with Sanders in the slot. If that could work we could build to a WR depth chart that favors a 3Wide set but still has the ability to throw up a lot of different looks if/when the TE's and RB's get involved. I'd like to see a passing game that is complicated enough to fool opposing Defenses while still being effective enough to actually take advantage of the mistakes they force.
                      I agree and JT showed a VERY unique ability to catch the contested ball.

Comment

Working...
                      X