Lowell Lotulelei retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Lotulelei retires

It was reported that he was draftable but didn't get drafted because of his love for the game was questioned...I guess they were right
    The Denver Broncos experiment with defensive tackle Lowell Lotulelei didn't last very long. He was waived on Monday, per Nicki Jhabvala... The Denver Bronc...

Interesting, wish him the best. I wonder if we will give Jonathan Hankins a call we have very little depth behind Peko.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Wow, didn't see that coming, especially after his signing bonus as a UDFA. It's better to learn now than later.

I wish him well.

Edit: He returned his signing bonus.
      Last edited by Rastic; 05-15-2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
        Interesting, wish him the best. I wonder if we will give Jonathan Hankins a call we have very little depth behind Peko.
        Hankins is too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
          Hankins is too expensive.
          What do you consider to expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
            What do you consider to expensive?
            He is looking for $8 million per year.

According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins and his camp are still looking for a multi-year deal, somewhere in the neighborhood of $8 million per season.

Part of the concern with signing Hankins last offseason was his price tag. Originally asking for more than $10 million per year, the DT settled for just shy of that when he signed with the Colts. Just a year later, his asking price is just a little lower, around $8 million per season. That’s still a hefty cost for someone who finished the 2015 season on IR and has battled injuries throughout his career.
            Domata Peko's salary: $3.7 million.
            sigpic

Comment

There was a chance Lowell Lotulelei was going to end up on the PS.

The D-Line has Domata Peko, Derek Wolfe, Clinton McDonald, Shelby Harris, Adam Gotsis, Zach Kerr and DeMarcus Walker all of whom seem likely to make the roster. That's seven guys not to mention Kyle Peko, Paul Boyette and DeShawn Williams who are also on the TC/preseason roster, at the moment anyway.

Denver has an opening on the TC roster. They may sign another D-Lineman or not. We shall see.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

The problem now is timing.The top UDFAs at the position have already signed with other teams. I doubt the Broncos want to spend more than minimum salary for a backup nose tackle just to have a body for training camp. Tyrique Jarrett might be really out of shape at this point. Billy Winn is undersized for a nose tackle, but he filled that role in the past and could be the best option. Maybe Zach Kerr will see more snaps there.
                sigpic

Comment

We don't know how Lowell Lotulelei fit into the practice plan they have for TC. They probably had the D organized into 1st, 2nd, 3rd teams. If they think they need another D-Lineman, that's what they'll find. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    We don't know how Lowell Lotulelei fit into the practice plan they have for TC. They probably had the D organized into 1st, 2nd, 3rd teams. If they think they need another D-Lineman, that's what they'll find. We shall see.
                    I agree with both of your posts in these threads. The one player I am still perplexed about is Tyrique Jarrett. His twitter account has gone dormant, there does not seem to be any news about him he just got cut and that's it - no details. I thought he looked really good for us too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                      I agree with both of your posts in these threads. The one player I am still perplexed about is Tyrique Jarrett. His twitter account has gone dormant, there does not seem to be any news about him he just got cut and that's it - no details. I thought he looked really good for us too.
                      Denver to Tyrique - Denver to Tyrique. Come in, Tyrique, come in.

Comment

JAY Bromley If still a FA, Never Mind.

Comment

Working...
                        X