Broncos Sign QB: Nick Stevens, Colorado State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I wouldn't read anything into it. It's nothing more than a camp body. It means nothing towards Lynch's status on the team. Stevens will not be on the roster come September.

Yes they are. And yes just another reason why I think Josh Allen is the biggest bust qb coming since probably EJ Manual. Wyoming and CSU are on equal terms as far as talent around them. Sure CSU had Michael Gallup that was a high WR draft pick. But the rest of the roster is comparable to Wyomings. CSU even lost to Wyoming 16-13 last year so you could argue Wyoming had slightly better talent. It was at Wyoming though so maybe not.
    you mean when he led a late game comeback and the CSU coach said

“I’m disappointed for our football team. They played their guts out,” head coach Mike Bobo said. “The (Wyoming) quarterback (Josh Allen) was the difference
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Not jumping the Josh Allen Bandwagon, but that game was a literal blizzard. Allen was effective running the ball, though he still fumbled too many times. Allen was not really able to do anything a throwing QB should be able to do. The same for the CSU qb. Stevens could be a solid PS guy and who knows maybe he surprises some people.

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
        Not jumping the Josh Allen Bandwagon, but that game was a literal blizzard. Allen was effective running the ball, though he still fumbled too many times. Allen was not really able to do anything a throwing QB should be able to do. The same for the CSU qb. Stevens could be a solid PS guy and who knows maybe he surprises some people.
        Stevens will be better than Sloter, Ingle Martin and Bradlee Van Pelt combined - book it!
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
          you mean when he led a late game comeback and the CSU coach said

“I’m disappointed for our football team. They played their guts out,” head coach Mike Bobo said. “The (Wyoming) quarterback (Josh Allen) was the difference
          At this point, I already gave up trying to explain that Josh Allen was the difference between the 2-10 Wyoming team from 2015 and the 16-11 Wyoming teams from 2016-2017. There were 32 NFL teams represented in Laramie back in March, and they were there just to see one player. That Wyoming team had no business playing against Iowa or Oregon, and they would not even beat Air Force or Utah State without Josh Allen, much less go to a Bowl and beat Central Michigan.

Just think about it. Wyoming beat Utah State 28-23 with Josh Allen. Utah State crushed San Jose State, 61-10. Wyoming lost to San Jose State 20-17 because Josh Allen was inactive. There was no NFL talent on that team besides the QB.

Colorado State still gets some NFL talent like Shaquil Barrett, Michael Gallup, Rashard Higgins, Cory James, Garrett Grayson, Ty Sambrailo, Weston Richburg, Crockett Gillmore and Kapri Bibbs, who ran for 1,741 yards and 31 touchdowns in 2013.

If they want to call Josh Allen a bust before his first NFL snap, so be it. Whatever.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
            At this point, I already gave up trying to explain that Josh Allen was the difference between the 2-10 Wyoming team from 2015 and the 16-11 Wyoming teams from 2016-2017. There were 32 NFL teams represented in Laramie back in March, and they were there just to see one player. That Wyoming team had no business playing against Iowa or Oregon, and they would not even beat Air Force or Utah State without Josh Allen, much less go to a Bowl and beat Central Michigan.

Just think about it. Wyoming beat Utah State 28-23 with Josh Allen. Utah State crushed San Jose State, 61-10. Wyoming lost to San Jose State 20-17 because Josh Allen was inactive. There was no NFL talent on that team besides the QB.

Colorado State still gets some NFL talent like Shaquil Barrett, Michael Gallup, Rashard Higgins, Cory James, Garrett Grayson, Ty Sambrailo, Weston Richburg, Crockett Gillmore and Kapri Bibbs, who ran for 1,741 yards and 31 touchdowns in 2013.

If they want to call Josh Allen a bust before his first NFL snap, so be it. Whatever.

1. I already backed off on the comparable recruiting talent after I looked up the last 3 classes Josh Allen started with.

2. Fans claim busts before NFL snaps all the time. It's what we do.

Many fans around here are saying Barkely won't pan out. Some have said Chubb won't. For me it's Josh Allen.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
              Stevens will be better than Sloter, Ingle Martin and Bradlee Van Pelt combined - book it!
              My favorite Bradlee Van Pelt game was 7 November 2003.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Unfortunately, he wouldn't be able to compete with John Hufnagel or Craig Penrose.

Comment

Bite your tongue... NO Backup was or ever will be better than Ingle Martin!
                  sigpic

Comment

Kyle Sloter was the real deal !

Comment

So that's like Orton potential then?
                      2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
                        So that's like Orton potential then?
                        If Sloter or Stevens as a UDFA can make a 53 man roster and become an above average backup QB in the NFL then I'd say they've done well. I'd also say that we've done an incredible job scouting them and bringing them in. Orton ultimately was a top tier back-up QB.

Comment

Working...
                        X