Carlos Henderson placed DNR list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Henderson placed DNR list

So Carlos Henderson was placed in the Reserve/Did Not Report list today. Interesting move. Is he on his way out? I think with this move the writing is on the wall and Elway is trying to recoup some money.

Originally posted by spcdlee02 View Post
    So Carlos Henderson was placed in the Reserve/Did Not Report list today. Interesting move. Is he on his way out? I think with this move the writing is on the wall and Elway is trying to recoup some money.
    Could you post a link to the article please?

I found this if it helps.

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...t/73-577313425

Broncos to place WR Carlos Henderson on Did Not Report list
    Receiver Carlos Henderson's agent said he will start training camp on the Did Not Report list for personal reasons.
    Author: Mike Klis
    Published: 9:46 AM MDT July 25, 2018
    Updated: 10:20 AM MDT July 25, 2018

KUSA – Broncos receiver Carlos Henderson has reached another hurdle in his attempt to get his NFL career going.

A third-round draft pick by the Broncos last year, Henderson will start training camp on the Did Not Report list for what his agent told 9NEWS was for personal reasons.

“Carlos Henderson will start camp on an exempt list as he’s dealing with a family and personal situation,’’ said Erik Burkhard, agent for both Henderson and Broncos’ most recent first-round pick Bradley Chubb, told 9News on Wednesday morning. “We’ve spoken to coach (Vance) Joseph and the organization and they are fully aware of this this and have been supportive.

“Carlos understands the importance of this training camp for himself and the team and he looks forward to returning to the field with his teammates soon.’’
    Carlos Henderson Louisiana Tech
    Carlos Henderson returns the opening kick off against the Navy Midshipmen at Amon G. Carter Stadium on Dec 23, 2016.
    Tim Heitman, USA TODAY Sports

Following a sensational junior season at Louisiana Tech, where he had 82 catches for 1,535 yards and 19 touchdowns – plus added two more scores rushing and another two on kickoff returns – the Broncos took Henderson in the third round last year with plans of developing him into their No. 3 receiver behind Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders.

Instead, Henderson struggled during his first offseason camp, then bobbled two kickoff returns before suffering a torn thumb in the preseason opener at Chicago. Henderson was placed on season-ending injured reserve before the regular season began.
    Carlos Henderson cropped
    Carlos Henderson, left, is defended by Chicago Bears free safety DeAndre Houston-Carson on Aug 10, 2017.
    Kamil Krzaczynski, USA TODAY Sports

He was then arrested January 14 in Louisiana on a marijuana possession charge. He was slowed by a hamstring injury during the Broncos’ recent offseason program, prompting Joseph to call him out by saying, “He’s got to get back on the field if he wants to make the team.’’

And now comes news Henderson will not be getting on the field when the other Broncos report. He was scheduled to report Tuesday with rookies and other first-year players. The Broncos do have the right to fine him as Henderson deals his personal issues.

The Broncos protected themselves against Henderson’s slow development by drafting two receivers in April – Courtland Sutton in the second round and DaeSean Hamilton in the fourth.
    © 2018 KUSA-TV
    Last edited by Rancid; 07-25-2018, 04:42 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Like I said, Carlos Henderson's biggest contribution to the Broncos will be teaching the front office which type of player NOT to draft. We're already seeing some of the results with the level of maturity and football IQ of Sutton and Hamilton.
      sigpic

Comment

Broncos on Wednesday designated wide receivers Carlos Henderson and Jimmy Williams as Reserve/Did Not Report. So the 3r round pick and a free agent. The team has 11 other receivers that are hungry and want to play, maybe the team has to move on now.

Myself I would not be concerned and believe we have the players to move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
          Like I said, Carlos Henderson's biggest contribution to the Broncos will be teaching the front office which type of player NOT to draft. We're already seeing some of the results with the level of maturity and football IQ of Sutton and Hamilton.
          The Broncos poor season record afforded them an opportunity to select from a larger draft pool. That helped.

Plus, they seemed to have drafted players with proven collegiate football careers instead of the Jarvis Moss'. That always helps.

Jewell is my favorite pick of the draft. (Not really, it's Chubb.)
          Although, I hope the talk about Jewell's NFL playing speed being slow is just hot air.

Thomas and or Sanders may directly benefit in the future from Henderson's 'Do Not Resuscitate' designation. Hopefully, things will work out for both parties.

It looks like Denver will be drafting WR next year! (again)

Comment

Sports
            Broncos add CFL wide receiver Mark Chapman
            Broncos Wire 19 hours ago

The Denver Broncos have signed the first overall pick in the draft! Well, the first overall pick of the Canadian Football League. The team will bring in wide receiver Mark Chapman after news of Carlos Henderson and undrafted rookie Jimmy Williams being placed on the Reserve/Did Not Report list. Chapman now joins a crowded wide receiver competition just months after being made the No.1 pick by the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Chapman played his college ball at Central Michigan where he caught 147 passed and had 10 touchdowns while playing in 40 games for the school.

Comment

I really hope the DNR list means Do Not Return list. Carlos Henderson is turrible, as my friend Charles Barkley would put it

Comment

So many people had high hopes for him
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                  So many people had high hopes for him
                  I sure as heck did. Dude is a fellow Tech Bulldog. I was ecstatic that my favorite NFL team drafted him. life > football tho so...i dunno...sucks he seems likely to turn into a wasted pick....

Comment

Originally posted by aditheman View Post
                    I really hope the DNR list means Do Not Return list. Carlos Henderson is turrible, as my friend Charles Barkley would put it
                    Based on what? He was placed on IR 2 September 2017. He participated in OTAs in the Spring and did not report for TC. Seems hard to evaluate how good or bad he might be as a player.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Comment

Looks like hes done with the Broncos... probably the NFL at this point. Shame.

Comment

Wow so this guy has most likely been dirty all this time and has been AWOL from camp so he would not have to present a urine sample?

Not sure if that is the case at this point but I had high hopes for this kid and I still think he can be a top dog wide receiver in the league if he can stay out of trouble and keep clean.

Comment

He’s in the building according to first and 10 @ 10

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Based on what? He was placed on IR 2 September 2017. He participated in OTAs in the Spring and did not report for TC. Seems hard to evaluate how good or bad he might be as a player.
                              I believe what he is saying is that part of being a good player is....well....showing up. As well as practicing hard to improve, playing well on game-days...etc. But it is near impossible to do any of those other things if you don't show up.

IMO - what you're getting at is that it is heard to evaluate a player and get an accurate gauge if they are both worth it and/or improving. That I also agree with as well. But again if they don't show up then that should be a big part of the evaluation process.

Comment

Working...
                              X