Paxton "upset" he lost number 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Unbelievable. If he doesn't know why after the last game, he'll never get. 6/11 for 24 yards.

Hey Paxton, that's why-
    What do you mean? You don't like the 2 yards per attempt and 4 yards per completion? Or the inability, at 6'7", to have a screen pass batted down? Surely you jest!

Comment

I honestly don't care that Paxton is upset. HE SHOULD BE!!!
      It's probably too late for him here and we will be lucky to get a 7th round pick for hm.

Comment

Originally posted by jdhdiggs View Post
        What do you mean? You don't like the 2 yards per attempt and 4 yards per completion? Or the inability, at 6'7", to have a screen pass batted down? Surely you jest!
        I know, you're right. Your stats were exactly what I was hoping for. And those stats show ddcf that PL can't play, can't recognize defenders and can't pick the glare
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Not saying it is the ultimate metric, but I would suggest that Elway looks for QBs that are at least one inch smaller than 6'7"....

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Not saying it is the ultimate metric, but I would suggest that Elway looks for QBs that are at least one inch smaller than 6'7"....
            This seems to be a real issue because very tall QBs don't have the same foot quickness and compact throwing motion as the other QBs. We saw that with Osweiler and Lynch. Maybe if they had been coached in pro-style systems in high school and college, they would have sharper mechanics for their body types. However, combining their long bodies with simple, spread offenses that neglect timing and footwork looks like a recipe for disaster when they arrive in the NFL and struggle to clean up the footwork and mechanics.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
              This seems to be a real issue because very tall QBs don't have the same foot quickness and compact throwing motion as the other QBs. We saw that with Osweiler and Lynch. Maybe if they had been coached in pro-style systems in high school and college, they would have sharper mechanics for their body types. However, combining their long bodies with simple, spread offenses that neglect timing and footwork looks like a recipe for disaster when they arrive in the NFL and struggle to clean up the footwork and mechanics.
              Rod, although I was being a bit silly with my comment (given our fairly recent experience with tall QBs)...albeit it's not a new take on the situation, I think you are correct for the most part. It takes a special athlete at that height to be a versatile NFL QB.

Most QBs are fairly tall. I mean, when we talk about a Drew Brees, at 6 feet even, we think of a short QB. But the dude can do it all, and is a solid 209, which tells me he is a strong athlete (that along with observation of what he can do!). Russ Wilson is only 5'11", but we know that he is a gifted athlete.

But in the mix of current QBs, most of them probably fit in the 6'2 to 6'5 range, with exceptions of course. Once you hit 6'6", the numbers are few. Therefore anything above is fairly rare. Why? Perhaps because of what you say.

As we know, there are no "musts" in metrics, if someone can perform the job. But there are factors that make it harder for folks who do not fit the numbers. Too small, too big make things a little more complicated. And no doubt, throughout history metrics would make or break a person. Some teams would not even look at players if they did not meet certain standards (ie. a wide receiver who ran the 40 a little too slow).

But I am sure we will see exceptions going forward, who make the grade in the bigs. Just not as likely, at this time in human evolution. Maybe in 20 years, when the average height rises enough to make a difference.
              Last edited by CanDB; 08-18-2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                I honestly don't care that Paxton is upset. HE SHOULD BE!!!
                It's probably too late for him here and we will be lucky to get a 7th round pick for hm.
                He shouldn’t be upset at losing the 2 spot....he should think Of it as gaining the three. Along with that comes very little responsibility, expectations, and more time for X-box.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                  I think Lynch like so many NFL players have been told by family, friends and everyone else that will listen that they are SOOOO much better than everyone else. For the most part they were. The really good players when they end up in college start to adjust their mindset and realize that if they truly want to be GREAT and remain great as they progress in their football careers they need to push themselves and ask for their coaches to push them as well.

A comment like the one which Lynch made here says to me that he has not come full circle yet and simply does not realize that he needs to ACTUALLY work and get better. He has been coached his whole life to say the right things publicly but he either fits into one of these following two categories at this point:

1. He is just incapable of getting better
                  2. He is just not putting in the work to get better.

There is a large part of me that when I hear this comment it leads me to believe that he may actually be #2 above. If that is the case then the ONLY way I can see someone like that truly get better is for there to be a shock to the system. Cut him and then he will see that if he doesn't work then he wont be playing again. I really think that after a comment like this that is what someone with that mentality needs.
                  Lynch seems to epitomize the stereotype of the self entitled, slacker, "the world owes me" millienial. The only thing a person is owed is what he has earned, but Lynch hasn't learned that. I very much doubt it's within him to earn any job in the NFL. I have to wonder what, if any, college study habits he had, meaning he probably won't succeed at much of anything once his football career ends, which it seems it will quite soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertR View Post
                    Lynch seems to epitomize the stereotype of the self entitled, slacker, "the world owes me" millienial.
                    I don't think Lynch has a sense of entitlement becuase he does not seem to care at all to even have that feeling. People have been waiting for him to say this is his team, this is his job, show he wants to own the spot. All I see is a lackadaisical player that acts with a "whatever, so be it" mentality. Cecil Lammey once asked him at the podium what it would mean to be the starting QB for the Broncos and the answer was "Hmm... I don't know". Maybe he epitomizes the stereotype of "the world owes me nothing and I don't want it anyway".
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                      I don't think Lynch has a sense of entitlement becuase he does not seem to care at all to even have that feeling. People have been waiting for him to say this is his team, this is his job, show he wants to own the spot. All I see is a lackadaisical player that acts with a "whatever, so be it" mentality. Cecil Lammey once asked him at the podium what it would mean to be the starting QB for the Broncos and the answer was "Hmm... I don't know". Maybe he epitomizes the stereotype of "the world owes me nothing and I don't want it anyway".
                      That's a good point. He sounds like he's just not motivated enough to even care.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        Paxton should be bothered that he didn't get the job done, lost out to Trevor two years in a row, and made it necessary for Denver to sign Case. Hey, Paxton. If you want to know whom to blame for being demoted to third team, look in a mirror.
                        Yes and please stop throwing at the ankles of the receivers!

Comment

Can we call him a bust now?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                            Can we call him a bust now?
                            Well... let’s see if he loses his 3 spot ....and to whom..
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RobertR View Post
                              That's a good point. He sounds like he's just not motivated enough to even care.
                              LOL so what you guys are saying is he is the back up QB for Blue Mountain State lol.... Please tell me you all know the reference... lol
                              GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                                I'm "upset" Dallas didn't draft Lynch like they wanted.
                                Lol for real.

Comment

Working...
                                X