Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adam Jones has 'always looked up to Champ,' plans to wear No. 24 if he makes Broncos'

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Adam Jones has 'always looked up to Champ,' plans to wear No. 24 if he makes Broncos'

    https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/a...-makes-broncos

    Champ gave him the okay...to me, if he's cool with it, then that's straight. Hopefully it makes him feel that much more obligated to represent that 24 Broncos jersey every game and he's always at his best.

    But the # should be retired after imo. Champ earned that here. 2006 still the best year I've ever seen from any CB.

  • #2
    Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/a...-makes-broncos

    Champ gave him the okay...to me, if he's cool with it, then that's straight. Hopefully it makes him feel that much more obligated to represent that 24 Broncos jersey every game and he's always at his best.

    But the # should be retired after imo. Champ earned that here. 2006 still the best year I've ever seen from any CB.
    If David Bruton can wear #30...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
      If David Bruton can wear #30...
      Haha really, TD was super bowl MVP and league MVP however no one made a stink when they gave his number away.

      If I remember correctly, I believe Bowlen said no more retiring jerseys after ElwayS was retired!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        Haha really, TD was super bowl MVP and league MVP however no one made a stink when they gave his number away.

        If I remember correctly, I believe Bowlen said no more retiring jerseys after ElwayS was retired!
        I can't find a quote but I don't think he was against retiring numbers but he wanted the bar set very high as with Elway.

        Comment


        • #5
          I can't understand why 18 was retired. Who is this guy and what did he really do?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by swinginhorseman View Post
            I can't understand why 18 was retired. Who is this guy and what did he really do?
            Frank Tripucka, the Broncos' first QB.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              I can't find a quote but I don't think he was against retiring numbers but he wanted the bar set very high as with Elway.
              Even if that’s the case, it’s impossible to claim Champ Bailey cleared the bar.

              If 30 and 27 can be handed out, Champ shouldn’t even be consulted about 24.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                Frank Tripucka, the Broncos' first QB.
                thanks I learned something new today. I still don't get why his number is retired. Maybe Paxton can get his number retired after he gets cut. Lol


                Frank Tripucka career stats

                69 career td

                124 career int

                Career QB rating
                52.2


                Paxton Lynch career stats

                4 td
                4 int
                QB rating

                76.6

                Comment


                • #9
                  I personally think they retired 18 for Tripucka because he wasn't even meant to play for us. He was hired as a coach and part way through out first pre-season game the QBs who were on the team stunk it up do badly that the coach I want to say Frank Filchock asked if Tripucka would go in and at least shoe the fans how the ball was meant to be thrown. 4 years later he was still the starting QB yeah he didn't have great stats nut the team was terrible then. As I've gone off on one with Broncos history. I think it was retired because he showed a love for the franchise in its early days and was out first real star player (either him or Lionel Taylor)
                  sigpic

                  2011 Adopt-A-Bronco Quinton Carter

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'd rather see #24 on the field than gathering dust on the shelf. It's a classic number for defensive backs.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dannylee View Post
                      I personally think they retired 18 for Tripucka because he wasn't even meant to play for us. He was hired as a coach and part way through out first pre-season game the QBs who were on the team stunk it up do badly that the coach I want to say Frank Filchock asked if Tripucka would go in and at least shoe the fans how the ball was meant to be thrown. 4 years later he was still the starting QB yeah he didn't have great stats nut the team was terrible then. As I've gone off on one with Broncos history. I think it was retired because he showed a love for the franchise in its early days and was out first real star player (either him or Lionel Taylor)


                      Didn't know that. Makes sense on some of the reasoning on why that number was retired. I've been spoiled, been a fan a year prior to Elway coming aboard. My bar is high

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
                        If David Bruton can wear #30...
                        Exactly......
                        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think a few numbers should be retired and it should start with #53

                          then 30, 27,24 and they should all be in the HOF:2cents:
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by swinginhorseman View Post
                            I can't understand why 18 was retired. Who is this guy and what did he really do?
                            google him
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by swinginhorseman View Post
                              thanks I learned something new today. I still don't get why his number is retired. Maybe Paxton can get his number retired after he gets cut. Lol


                              Frank Tripucka career stats

                              69 career td

                              124 career int

                              Career QB rating
                              52.2


                              Paxton Lynch career stats

                              4 td
                              4 int
                              QB rating

                              76.6
                              You probably weren't alive then. Looking up a couple of stats doesn't explain it. Maybe you should check the first thirteen years of the Denver Broncos and see if any of those seasons stand out. I guess one would have had to have been there. Check a guy named Lionel Taylor while you're at it, if you feel so inclined.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X