Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cravens placed on IR

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cravens placed on IR

    Per nfl.com,

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ens-knee-on-ir

  • #2
    It hurts the Dime Backer spot in that package since Jamal Carter went on IR during preseason and can't come back. At least Cravens started on the roster before IR and could return later in the season. Will Parks and Dymonte Thomas provide the depth right now with Trey Marshall on PS as a SS type. Maybe Shamarko Thomas could be brought back.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      It hurts the Dime Backer spot in that package since Jamal Carter went on IR during preseason and can't come back. At least Cravens started on the roster before IR and could return later in the season. Will Parks and Dymonte Thomas provide the depth right now with Trey Marshall on PS as a SS type. Maybe Shamarko Thomas could be brought back.
      Safety is a deep unit for us I think. Parks looks like he may be developing into one of our better draft pics of recent years. His play seems to improve and maybe his size too. Good attitude on him.

      Thomas looked good in pre-season.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        It hurts the Dime Backer spot in that package since Jamal Carter went on IR during preseason and can't come back. At least Cravens started on the roster before IR and could return later in the season. Will Parks and Dymonte Thomas provide the depth right now with Trey Marshall on PS as a SS type. Maybe Shamarko Thomas could be brought back.
        I think he will be after the first week, when vested veterans lose their full year of salary being guaranteed because they're not on a roster week 1.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          Maybe Shamarko Thomas could be brought back.
          Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          Isaiah McKenzie, he was just added to the 53 man roster in place of Cravens.
          McKenzie getting another shot.

          Comment


          • #6
            With Parks stepping up and Dymonte Thomas looking the part, I think our TE issues should be behind us. Cravens hopefully will be fully rested and ready to contribute by the second half of the season, without wasting away too much.
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

            Comment


            • #7
              It was nice seeing Cravens fly around a little bit against the Cardinals, but you could tell that he wasn't 100%. I'm hoping he can get the knee right, I'm not sure if it's a meniscus or anything structural, but the hope is that he will return midway through the year from what I've been told.
              Twitter: @CodyRoarkNFL Youtube: CodyRoarkNFL

              Comment


              • #8
                Lol! I predicted he would be out by game 3 or 4. Clearly, I was wrong.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CodyRoarkNFL View Post
                  It was nice seeing Cravens fly around a little bit against the Cardinals, but you could tell that he wasn't 100%. I'm hoping he can get the knee right, I'm not sure if it's a meniscus or anything structural, but the hope is that he will return midway through the year from what I've been told.
                  I saw a report somewhere that it was suggested he have another procedure done on the knee. Don’t know for sure how long he’ll be out if that’s the case!

                  It’s so disappointing to because I saw our defense being darn near unstoppable with him covering TEs, Pacman covering the slot with Harris, Brock and Roby on the outside. Hopefully Parks has turned the corner! I see him being better than Simmons this year if he’s focused.
                  Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-02-2018, 10:55 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    It hurts the Dime Backer spot in that package since Jamal Carter went on IR during preseason and can't come back. At least Cravens started on the roster before IR and could return later in the season. Will Parks and Dymonte Thomas provide the depth right now with Trey Marshall on PS as a SS type. Maybe Shamarko Thomas could be brought back.
                    Latest update is cravens is out for the season. Really disappointing, I was excited to see what he could do
                    sigpic
                    BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dipablo View Post
                      Latest update is cravens is out for the season. Really disappointing, I was excited to see what he could do
                      If he needs another knee surgery then yes he most likely would be done for the year. Hes a very talented player but injury which will most likely halt his career, hopefully that's not the case though.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        His history so far in the NFL is staying consistently bad... he has had mental or physical issues more than he has been playing. He has only been available for 11 games and started 3 in 2 years with the Redskins. Maybe he had a good/great college career that made him a 2nd round draft choice but he has done close to nothing in the NFL.
                        I suppose it was worth a try (~5th round draft pick?) to see if he could help the Broncos.
                        I hope he gets healthy and maybe still has a chance to play this season.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                          His history so far in the NFL is staying consistently bad... he has had mental or physical issues more than he has been playing. He has only been available for 11 games and started 3 in 2 years with the Redskins. Maybe he had a good/great college career that made him a 2nd round draft choice but he has done close to nothing in the NFL.
                          I suppose it was worth a try (~5th round draft pick?) to see if he could help the Broncos.
                          I hope he gets healthy and maybe still has a chance to play this season.
                          I think he will be Carlos Henderson this time next year.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kon View Post
                            I think he will be Carlos Henderson this time next year.
                            Who will Carlos Henderson be this time next year?
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Who will Carlos Henderson be this time next year?
                              Su'a Cravens. It'll be a Freaky Friday type of thing...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X