Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nfl article: broncos have best linebackers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nfl article: broncos have best linebackers

    Article by wesseling on nfl.com has us highest rated linebacking group followed by the bears. I believe they have the potential but not sure if id rate them that high. Just wanted to share the article!

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-lead-rankings

    Sorry guys shouldhave posted in news
    Glen Haven Fire

  • #2
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    Article by wesseling on nfl.com has us highest rated linebacking group followed by the bears. I believe they have the potential but not sure if id rate them that high. Just wanted to share the article!

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-lead-rankings

    Sorry guys shouldhave posted in news
    It's nice to read good things about our team.
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

    Comment


    • #3
      As much as I want to agree with him, he is wrong. Underrated MLB? To be honest, I believe they are overrated. Neither one of them can cover at all. They both will make a play here and there but nothing special. Watching Marshall play at his weight this preseason worries me because he got pushed around and couldn’t shed his blocks at all. Now that Cravens in out for the season, I fully expect Denver’s D to get abused by TE’s and receiving RB’s again.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm really excited to see Chubb. He and Von are going to be so much fun to watch wrecking dudes this year.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
          As much as I want to agree with him, he is wrong. Underrated MLB? To be honest, I believe they are overrated. Neither one of them can cover at all. They both will make a play here and there but nothing special. Watching Marshall play at his weight this preseason worries me because he got pushed around and couldn’t shed his blocks at all. Now that Cravens in out for the season, I fully expect Denver’s D to get abused by TE’s and receiving RB’s again.
          Cravens out for the season. I hadn't heard that news.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
            As much as I want to agree with him, he is wrong. Underrated MLB? To be honest, I believe they are overrated. Neither one of them can cover at all. They both will make a play here and there but nothing special. Watching Marshall play at his weight this preseason worries me because he got pushed around and couldn’t shed his blocks at all. Now that Cravens in out for the season, I fully expect Denver’s D to get abused by TE’s and receiving RB’s again.
            He's having his knee scoped and is IR Designated for Return, I believe.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

            Comment


            • #7
              http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11208/sua-cravens

              Rotoworld says he’ll miss 2018 season.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11208/sua-cravens

                Rotoworld says he’ll miss 2018 season.
                Broncos say he's designated for return.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  Broncos say he's designated for return.
                  Even if he does that means he’ll miss 7 weeks? 7 weeks of abuse still lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11208/sua-cravens

                    Rotoworld says he’ll miss 2018 season.
                    That’s their take on it. The source they got it from never said out for the season. But they probably don’t realize that you no longer have to designate players to return when they go on IR they just have to be on IR for 8 weeks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Todd Davis still has potential and IMO has pretty good instincts. I also must admit I did not watch most of the season so I have not seen him play the last 10+ games from last season. I think Marshall is overrated and overpaid, his dead money is too much to do anything about it this season ... other than have 6 MLBs on the roster. I am hoping for good things from Jewell and maybe Alexander Johnson. But again, I wouldn't give up on Davis. Overall our LBs are one of, if not the best group in the NFL; how many teams have essentially 4 starters on the outside and have at least average on the inside? Not a rhetorical question, I really want to know. There are teams that have 1 or 2 good/great LBs but very few that have 3 to 5.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mack and Roquan Smith looks pretty intimidating

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Some analysts like Mike Mayock are already doing it, but I wish more people would separate off-the-ball linebackers from edge rushers. Players like Khalil Mack and Von Miller should be treated like defensive ends as edge players. Mack actually played DE for the Raiders. Draft analysts are even using the "EDGE" designation now. With Brandon Marshall and Todd Davis, we want to see them moving backwards and be able to change direction and cover a TE. With Von Miller and Bradley Chubb, we want to see them moving forward to get pressures, sacks and TFL.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'll take Wesseling's interpretation. For the NFL.com folks to take our side is not about biases or anything other than merit, in this case. What's not to like overall? Admittedly, I am not an expert on whether or not our ILBs are top tier types, but Von and Chubb, and Ray, should be able to generate a load of pass rush. And our inside guys have gained tons of experience, and no doubt, have earned their jobs here.


                            The exciting news is that with this force in the middle (and edges), we can expect pressure, and hopefully a more stout run D. And with those two aspects of the game comes high performance D and potential for many turnovers.
                            Last edited by CanDB; 09-06-2018, 05:05 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                              Mack and Roquan Smith looks pretty intimidating
                              Don’t forget Danny T too

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X