Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos release Carlos Henderson

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Broncos release Carlos Henderson


  • #2
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    LoL for reals ....

    Comment


    • #3
      Wonder what happened?
      sigpic

      2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Rastic View Post

        Or was this to make room for Lynch's comeback tour?




        :nono:

        Saw the title and thought it was an old thread.

        Poor guy. Give hope and then take it away.
        Administrator
        sigpic

        #LupusAwareness

        #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

        "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Peanut View Post


          :nono:

          Saw the title and thought it was an old thread.

          Poor guy. Give hope and then take it away.
          Kind of like with McKenzie. Released... resigned... released... resigned....
          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
            Wonder what happened?
            He was on a short leash. He could have missed, or been late to something, fallen asleep in a meeting, been unfriendly or uncooperative with teammates or staff. Doesn't matter because he's gone and probably not coming back.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

            Comment


            • #7
              VJ said it was purely for football reasons, which is strange because C Henderson didn't have much of a chance only being on the practice squad for a few days. It seems to me that if you're going to overlook all the other issues you'd want to give him a bit of time on the practice squad so I don't think I'm quit buying the "football reasons" explanation.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                VJ said it was purely for football reasons, which is strange because C Henderson didn't have much of a chance only being on the practice squad for a few days. It seems to me that if you're going to overlook all the other issues you'd want to give him a bit of time on the practice squad so I don't think I'm quit buying the "football reasons" explanation.
                I believe yesterday (Wednesday) was the first day he was allowed to practice with the team. He showed up at the end of camp, was suspended the first week, after a win Monday is usually film only and Tuesday is the NFL mandated day off (except for team's playing Thursday). If he was out of shape, or showed otherwise incapable of practicing at the level they wanted, it doesn't shock me they'd cut the cord right there.

                Because of his off field issues, and not showing up for camp, it would seem likely he was on a one strike policy with the team.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  I believe yesterday (Wednesday) was the first day he was allowed to practice with the team. He showed up at the end of camp, was suspended the first week, after a win Monday is usually film only and Tuesday is the NFL mandated day off (except for team's playing Thursday). If he was out of shape, or showed otherwise incapable of practicing at the level they wanted, it doesn't shock me they'd cut the cord right there.

                  Because of his off field issues, and not showing up for camp, it would seem likely he was on a one strike policy with the team.
                  My first guess was Henderson was badly out of shape. But I would still have given him some time to get back into shape or not signed him at all as they should have known he was out of shape when he first reported at the end of camp.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                    My first guess was Henderson was badly out of shape. But I would still have given him some time to get back into shape or not signed him at all as they should have known he was out of shape when he first reported at the end of camp.
                    I don't disagree with you in any way. I wouldn't have even bothered signing him to the practice squad. Based on the way it played out I would guess that they signed him to the PS to try and salvage the third round pick, during the suspension they gave him some objective or benchmark that they wanted from him, and he came back without having met that.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Go get josh Gordon!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                        Go get josh Gordon!!
                        The joke of teh day thread is in a different forum.
                        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                          Go get josh Gordon!!
                          Why? What role does he fill on the team that they don't currently have? He's a guy who permanently in stage 3 of the Substance Abuse Program. Meaning any slip up or even missed test and he's suspended at least for 1 year. Then you've got the fact that he skipped all of training camp, and was just injured while doing a promotional shoot for something unrelated to the team.

                          And then there's the other truth, it's been 5 years since his 1 breakout season. Since 2013 he's played 11 games and caught 43 passes for 655 yards and 2 touchdowns.

                          Anyone signing him will be signing 5 year old potential, not what he is today.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I just hope he goes to NFC but I could see billcheat take a flyer

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                              I just hope he goes to NFC but I could see billcheat take a flyer
                              The Patriots are burning through receivers right now, Bennie Fowler was there for 3 days this week. But what does a currently injured Josh Gordon provide them? Again it's been 5 years since his breakout season, and the 11 games he's played since then he's been decent but nothing better than that.

                              People hear the name and they remember the potential, but they don't think about the headaches and the fact that the last time Josh Gordon caught more than 5 passes in a game was November 23rd, 2014.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X