Terrell Davis: Lindsay can break my rushing record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    They called him undersized at Colorado too and he only averaged over 1000 yards from scrimmage a season in the Pac-12. He has always played bigger than his size. And quite frankly calling someone undersized is becoming one of the most obnoxious criticisms in the NFl.

CHJ was undersized and therefore undrafted and the dude is a perennial pro bowler.

Sproles is undersized and had a long productive career as a rb.

Come up with something else people.
    Unfortunately, like it or not, physical makeup matters in the NFL. As an example Tim Tebow & RGIII were and are both run first QBs. Tebow I would argue was not just taking on but running into VIOLENT hits when we was with us. Yet RGIII got hurt and blew out his knee and Tebow was seemingly un-phased. Why - Physical makeup and general size. TT- 6ft3 245 LBS vs RGIII: 6ft2 213 LBS. RGII simply did not have enough of his body mass in the lower portion of his body and as a result when he got hit he got killed.

Now look at the WR's who are/were smaller. Generally speaking those WRs who've been smaller have all needed to be elite at changing direction at full speed or barn burners in terms of speed. the fact is that smaller guys who are slight or small in overall stature usually are not built with evenly distributed weight and as a result either have a smaller upper body or their legs are not as strong. Lindsay and others like him generally speaking are the exception to the rule NOT the rule. The other challenge which smaller guys often have when they play skilled positions is hand size. When gripping a ball having larger hands allows you to hold it better and tighter. We all remember Holliday.

So sure I agree we have seen some electric smaller guys (Tyrek Hill, P. Lindsay, Sproles etc.) but there are far more of those same type of players who have done little to nothing at the NFL level.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
      Unfortunately, like it or not, physical makeup matters in the NFL. As an example Tim Tebow & RGIII were and are both run first QBs. Tebow I would argue was not just taking on but running into VIOLENT hits when we was with us. Yet RGIII got hurt and blew out his knee and Tebow was seemingly un-phased. Why - Physical makeup and general size. TT- 6ft3 245 LBS vs RGIII: 6ft2 213 LBS. RGII simply did not have enough of his body mass in the lower portion of his body and as a result when he got hit he got killed.

Now look at the WR's who are/were smaller. Generally speaking those WRs who've been smaller have all needed to be elite at changing direction at full speed or barn burners in terms of speed. the fact is that smaller guys who are slight or small in overall stature usually are not built with evenly distributed weight and as a result either have a smaller upper body or their legs are not as strong. Lindsay and others like him generally speaking are the exception to the rule NOT the rule. The other challenge which smaller guys often have when they play skilled positions is hand size. When gripping a ball having larger hands allows you to hold it better and tighter. We all remember Holliday.

So sure I agree we have seen some electric smaller guys (Tyrek Hill, P. Lindsay, Sproles etc.) but there are far more of those same type of players who have done little to nothing at the NFL level.
      There are an insanely larger number of normal to larger sized guys that have done little to nothing at the NFL level than those who have as well.

You go ahead and jump off his bandwagon then after week 2. Doesn't bother me. I'll just be here serving up crow in 12 years.
      Last edited by DenverBlood; 09-20-2018, 10:45 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Too small, different blocking scheme, a whole lot less talented team. Teams were so preoccupied trying to scheme against all of Denvers offensive weapons, that it allowed TD to run wild.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
          I'd love to see that, but I think the old East Coast bias will bestow OROY on either Darnold or Barkley.
          Not the way Darnold just played... He looked lost under pressure... The Browns aren't just a push over any more but he still was out performed by mayfield which came in the game with under 2 minutes to go in the 2nd qtr.
          GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

I hope he does! Anything is possible?
            There were a few 5'8", smaller, RB's in The NFL that did fine.

Comment

To have TD say this about current #30 is quite an endorsement!

I love everything I see in Lindsay so far but, in my opinion it is way too early to start comparing him to TD or believing he could actually eclipse his record. Terrell Davis was one of the greatest to ever play the position and PL is just starting out, although I fully agree that he has started out very impressively! He just has a long way to go and the season is very long.
              My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post

Okay i have to ask...is RGIII an upgrade over RGII?
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Lindsay is a football player.

And Emily Post has clearly ruled that it's OK for Terrell Davis to compare someone to Terrell Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                    Okay i have to ask...is RGIII an upgrade over RGII?
                    Naturally.

Comment

Working...
                    X