Originally posted by colowoz View Post
    Elway yes the road?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• CanDB
      Football Immortal
      • Mar 2008

Thx for this....good to hear. Not because we are done this year or even have a good chance to land him. But it's good to keep all doors unLOCKed. And with the team we have in place, if we did acquire him, I would then feel pretty good about a LOCK on contending in future!!!

Thx pal...

:thumb:

(sorry....but I predict a lot of LOCK jokes in future.....corny as they may be!)
      Last edited by CanDB; 11-25-2018, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• colowoz
        Bench Warmer
        • Jan 2006

Yesterday I heard this from Big AL on 104.3 The fan, He has a thought that the Broncos should get J,Winston from Tampa as they may be moving on from him. Change of scenery ? Has talent and trade a # 2 and # 4 may get the deal done. Interesting.

Today I read this on CBS sports,
        Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State. The Broncos have proven to still own one of the league's best defenses, and while Case Keenum has played admirably of late, the team needs a quarterback of the future. Haskins has flashed major franchise quarterback skills. Flashed. Not displayed consistently. And a good chunk of his gaudy statistics are by way of yards-after-the-catch on throws in which he was kept clean in the pocket. This would be a nice landing spot for him ... as the unhurried quarterback in waiting.

This happening with the # 16 pick.

Bottom line seems to be the Broncos are once again looking for that elusive Franchise QB.

Comment

• KWHIT97
          Master of the Mock
          • Oct 2007

Here's my choices;

1. Herbert
          2. Grier
          3. Lock
          4. Haskins
          5. Finley

I love Grier, he would fit perfectly in Denver and has a lot of Mayfield in him.

Comment

• Rich_C
            Captain
            • Aug 2012

Yesterday I heard this from Big AL on 104.3 The fan, He has a thought that the Broncos should get J,Winston from Tampa as they may be moving on from him. Change of scenery ? Has talent and trade a # 2 and # 4 may get the deal done. Interesting.

Today I read this on CBS sports,
            Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State. The Broncos have proven to still own one of the league's best defenses, and while Case Keenum has played admirably of late, the team needs a quarterback of the future. Haskins has flashed major franchise quarterback skills. Flashed. Not displayed consistently. And a good chunk of his gaudy statistics are by way of yards-after-the-catch on throws in which he was kept clean in the pocket. This would be a nice landing spot for him ... as the unhurried quarterback in waiting.

This happening with the # 16 pick.

Bottom line seems to be the Broncos are once again looking for that elusive Franchise QB.
            I hope not. We need to identify WHAT we want to be on offense. We also need to ensure that we have the other pieces on our team 1st before we try and run and grab a QB.

Comment

• -Rod-
              #TeamBroncos
              • Mar 2008

NFL rosters change so much from year to year with injuries and free agency that, if you keep waiting, you won'y have the pieces in place anymore by the time you get your QB. The franchise QB can stay around for 15+ years, while the other pieces stay for 2, 3 years, and the young talent from the draft hit free agency after 4 seasons. You will always have to constantly replenish the supporting pieces whether you have the QB or not.

The only thing that matters is if you can scout and identify in a draft class if there is a franchise QB that you can't let slip away. The Browns didn't even had their LT situation figured out and that WR group still needs some work, but they already secured the services of Baker Mayfield for many, many years.
              sigpic

Comment

• Saddletramp
                Captain
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                NFL rosters change so much from year to year with injuries and free agency that, if you keep waiting, you won'y have the pieces in place anymore by the time you get your QB. The franchise QB can stay around for 15+ years, while the other pieces stay for 2, 3 years, and the young talent from the draft hit free agency after 4 seasons. You will always have to constantly replenish the supporting pieces whether you have the QB or not.

The only thing that matters is if you can scout and identify in a draft class if there is a franchise QB that you can't let slip away. The Browns didn't even had their LT situation figured out and that WR group still needs some work, but they already secured the services of Baker Mayfield for many, many years.
                You're exactly right. We have to have a QB. Period. Easier (Imo ) to build around a QB than it would be to have everything else and still be loosing games because we don't have a QB who can think, see what a defense is doing, he don't have to be a speedster but he needs to be able to move around and throw the damn ball. Hopefully without throwing an interception.
                [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Spice 1
                  Football Immortal
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                  Here's my choices;

1. Herbert
                  2. Grier
                  3. Lock
                  4. Haskins
                  5. Finley

I love Grier, he would fit perfectly in Denver and has a lot of Mayfield in him.
                  It's early in the game, but right now the three I like are Herbert, Haskins, and Grier. I need to watch more of Lock though, admittedly.

Comment

• Insane Tacos
                    Practice Squad
                    • Dec 2017

Haskins is going to be special.

Comment

• Colem9r
                      Practice Squad
                      • Oct 2003

I think Garrett Grayson who they signed to a future contract may be someone to keep an eye on
                      sigpicimage.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481286

Comment

• broncolee
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Colem9r View Post
                        I think Garrett Grayson who they signed to a future contract may be someone to keep an eye on
                        I doubt it. If he were someone worth watching, he probably would have gotten a chance to play somewhere by now.
                        Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X